Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Losing those two points could be a season killer.
You're use
Series of event unfolded by the incompetency of the referees and the league.

It's pre-season. Dirty hits or moves should not happen ECHLer or NHLer.

Pare dirty knee on Laine.
Then he doesn't want to face responsibility and laughs in the interview.
Pare should have been thrown out of the game.
This pumped up Xhekaj to make him turtle.
Stupid move? Yes. But we can all agree that the referees did not do their job to prevent this happen.

Then, Greig does a dirty hit on Dach.
Only a two minute penalty, when he should have been tossed from the game.

Two of our best players targeted.
In frustration, (and even if this is also a stupid move by Xhekaj), he targets Stützle.
We can all also understand where this is coming from even if the act itself should not happen.

In the end, these events should never have happened.
If the ref and the league did their job, this pre-season would not have been such a shitshow of frustration.
You can twist it all you want, if this was your team getting targeted this way in pre-season you'd all be frustrated the same way and I can guarantee one player or another would lose his mind on your team also.

I'm not excusing Xhekaj's behavior as he deserves a suspension (maybe for both events) but so do Greig and Pare. They should have been thrown out of the game to prevent further escalation.

If the refs and the league would not be this bad at their job, we would not have this thread going!
He hit him in the chest. Dach was fine and it was reviewed in slow motion. Justifying a guy literally trying to take someone's head off over a play that was reviewed in slow motion where no one was hurt just shows a complete inability to live in reality.

The greig dach situation played out exactly how it should have. Dach was fine wanted retribution and they fought. He waited until greig was at the end of a minute and thirty shift. Pretty cowardly but he still atleast acted like a man, greig answered the bell.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
One player targeted the head one the chest. That's the difference. That's why one was 5 and one was 2. That's why one player was fine and the other was injured.
Not surprised to see this coming from you. Homer take. Targeted the chest. Not suspension worthy. Hope Stutzle is ok!

Reactions: Natey

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I guess you’ll find out whether he’ll sabotage his own team when the games really matter or not.

Last night he was Ottawa’s MVP.
He was MTLs 1st star, loved it.

If it was regular season and scrub Grieg took a shot at Kirby I would want Arber to look Stutzle up again.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not surprised to see this coming from you. Homer take. Targeted the chest. Not suspension worthy. Hope Stutzle is ok!
Homer take to just outline the exact facts of what happened. Wild stuff.

He was MTLs 1st star, loved it.

If it was regular season and scrub Grieg took a shot at Kirby I would want Arber to look Stutzle up again.
I wouldn't trade greig 1 for 1 for Dach. He's just gonna get hurt anyways. Two third line centers it's a wash but one guy can agitate and stay healthy.

• Haha

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You're use

He hit him in the chest. Dach was fine and it was reviewed in slow motion. Justifying a guy literally trying to take someone's head off over a play that was reviewed in slow motion where no one was hurt just shows a complete inability to live in reality.

The greig dach situation played out exactly how it should have. Dach was fine wanted retribution and they fought. He waited until greig was at the end of a minute and thirty shift. Pretty cowardly but he still atleast acted like a man, greig answered the bell.
It all started because Grieg wouldn’t answer for his late hit. Both of Ottawa star player paid the price for it. It’s not the first time he does something wrong and weasel out of it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tkachuk go see him in the next couple of days and ask him to take care of his own business for once. I bet he’s tired of having to answer to Grieg antics on the ice

I wouldn't trade greig 1 for 1 for plug dach. He's just gonna get hurt anyways.
Show us the head shot then. I’ll wait

Wlodarczyk

Feb 14, 2016
Quebec
You're use

This part is fine and kudos to Greig facing it but I think the referees and the league could do a better job to prevent escalation. Both hits (Greig and Xhejak) were not definite head shots after replay but it could have gotten a lot worse.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If we're going to suspend players for policing themselves, we will see multiple suspensions per game.

Struble also delivered a retaliatory hit. Dach also targetted Grieg and fought him out of retaliation. Is the league going to suspend all three players?

Again, you are struggling to remove your fandom from the situation.

I would hope you see the difference between those examples and the Xhekaj hit. There’s a line I don’t think Xhekaj understands where the line is.

• Haha

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal

I wouldn't trade greig 1 for 1 for Dach. He's just gonna get hurt anyways. Two third line centers it's a wash but one guy can agitate and stay healthy.

Just stop lol, you're making everything worse.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It all started because Grieg wouldn’t answer for his late hit. Both of Ottawa star player paid the price for it. It’s not the first time he does something wrong and weasel out of it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tkachuk go see him in the next couple of days and ask him to take care of his own business for once. I bet he’s tired of having to answer to Grieg antics on the ice

Show us the head shot then. I’ll wait
Another example of you having 0 hockey intellect. Find a new hobby this one ain't it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
So one guy gets 5 and a game and injures another player. One guy gets 2 minutes the player stays in the game and even fights. But that's the worse hit. How do you come up with this stuff. Complete disconnect from reality. Just because a bunch of other Habs homers like it doesn't make it real.
I'm commenting on the actual video of what happened.

I have no interest in your interpretive dance version of the event.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Just stop lol, you're making everything worse.
Check out their career ppg through 90 games. Greig isn't getting lay up first line first pp minutes either.

Habs fans think that Dach is the 2nd coming. He has 99 points in 212 games over 5 seasons. He's a bandaid.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Then, Greig does a dirty hit on Dach.
Only a two minute penalty, when he should have been tossed from the game.
Two of our best players targeted.

Kicked out of the game for a 2 minute minor.

How dramatic!

The refs even reviewed it and came to that conclusion. It's obvious to everyone but Montreal fans.

Sorry, but the refs can't take events that occurred in other games against other teams into account when giving out penalties.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I would hope you see the difference between those examples and the Xhekaj hit. There’s a line I don’t think Xhekaj understands where the line is.
All three plays were retaliatory plays. Struble's hit was also somewhat late. Arber delivered a very clean hit, though delivered late. Dach explicitly targeted a player after the puck changed position to fight him.

All three plays were retaliatory events away from the puck.

What you are suggesting is a slippery slope. I am far more concerned with the embellishment though.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
See below
Another example of you having 0 hockey intellect. Find a new hobby this one ain't it.
Yeah that’s what I thought. Can’t back up
Your silly argument so you move straight to insults. Typical for you. Here’s the hit. Let me know when you see shoulder to head contact

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010

george-parros-2014-45.jpg

i

Coincidence? The highest form of narcissism and self-masterbatory imagery is the attempt to recreat 'ones self' and ultimately 'what could have been'. Thin9k of 'the parant living vicariously through the child trope'. Weird 'coincidence'. Kinda makes you stop and think🤔

• Haha
Reactions: EveryDay

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm commenting on the actual video of what happened.

I have no interest in your interpretive dance of the event.
That's funny the refs watched the video too. The only interpretive dance happening is you ignoring the facts. Keep living in your dream world

Reactions: NyQuil

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I just saw the other angle

Stützle should get suspended for high stick in the face - His own

Xhekaj did nothing wrong, other than defend himself against über sensitive Brady Tkachuck

Reactions: EveryDay

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Even the league thought payback was warranted!
Great job Wifi.

Stutzle should go thank Greig for getting him the night off early.

Reactions: Bouboumaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad