Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Yes, and clearly that message is heard loud and clear. Every NHL team now completely avoids any physical contact with Montreal players and clearly nobody will ever get hurt on the Habs because of it. đŸ˜‚

How anyone can say this with a straight face is hilarious. Oh yes, the Sheriff is a deterrent, just look how it’s stopped anything from happening so far.

Sure, it’s the preseason, penalties, fines and now a suspension in the regular season are meaningless. Oh wait… if he’s suspended, it’s a free for all on Habs players right?

Meanwhile he’s a #7/8 D, who will play half the games at best, on a lottery team, and will be demoted as soon as Montreal’s younger D prospects mature. He’s just not a good D man, and will be out of the league in a couple of years. If you think other teams look at him in the lineup and are worried about Montreal, you are sadly mistaken.

He’s no deterrent, as we’ve seen, the only message is it’s easy to get Montreal and their fans unhinged, and a borderline AHL D man is likely to face multiple long suspensions this season if this keeps up, and the franchise will get fined. Nobody has tears, they are laughing.

Imagine the identity of a team being an AHL level unhinged tough guy, and that’s the bravado of the team. đŸ˜‚

I think it's actually the opposite of a deterrent with how easy it is to provoke Xhekaj. Just hit Caulfield a little late on the play and you'll get a 5min PP.

Xhekaj is an interesting player, but he needs to hone it in.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Per the other night, I was under the impression that Xhekaj jumping a player from behind was the acceptable form of on-ice retribution. Now same folks telling that an elbow to the head is the acceptable form.

Seems to me we have people writing off any form on on-ice retribution as acceptable, based on the assumption that their guy was wrong in the first place, and so retribution is justice. I'm left to wonder, where does it stop for those folks? Maybe a nice shiv to the throat?
Show us the elbow to the head.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Parros stupid ?

I must have dreamed this:

"While at Princeton, Parros majored in economics and wrote his senior thesis on the West Coast longshoremen's labor dispute. In 2010, he was chosen as the fourth-smartest athlete in sports by the Sporting News."
He also retired from concussions, which is basically brain damage

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Here is Greig hit on Dach. Basically the same hit as Xhekaj on Stutzle. Stupid, dangerous, late hit, but did not hit the head, so no ground for suspension in both cases.

I’d argue Xhekaj’s hit is predatory and an act of retribution. Which from my perspective is worthy of a lengthy suspension. This is on the heels of another act of retribution that crossed a line as well. Is this where the NHL wants the game to go? Trying to injury star players anytime there’s a hit you don’t like.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
I think it's actually the opposite of a deterrent with how easy it is to provoke Xhekaj. Just hit Caulfield a little late on the play and you'll get a 5min PP.

Xhekaj is an interesting player, but he needs to hone it in.
He's got tunnel vision. He sees one clear cut path to the 'show' and he's over focused on it. Work at blocking some shots and hone your defensive play and he can carve out a nice lucrative career in the league. He's playing dumb dumb hockey and it's going to cost him in the long run. There's a fine line between a 'warrior' and a 'liability'.

If the Habs were smart they'd get him in contact with Mark Borowieki somehow. Same player but Mark has a good head on his shoulders.

Reactions: h2

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I’d argue Xhekaj’s hit is predatory and an act of retribution. Which from my perspective is worthy of a lengthy suspension. This is on the heels of another act of retribution that crossed a line as well. Is this where the NHL wants the game to go? Trying to injury star players anytime there’s a hit you don’t like.
A late hit delivered cleanly really isn't worthy of suspension. The head was never targeted. Shoulder made contact with the chest.

Retribution is constantly happening in the game at various moments. We always see hits delivered in retaliation. Suspending based on retaliation sets a bad precedent.

What is concerning is the frequency and severity of Stutzle's embellishments though. Pretty embarrassing for the game.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If that’s the case we should start giving lengthy suspension to cross checks given to a player and to instigators after a big hit.

Xhekaj hit was a bit late but shoulder to shoulder. As another sens fan posted, this is a fast game and Dach should have braced for the hit. Same apply to Stutzle

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley and Andy

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
A late hit delivered cleanly really isn't worthy of suspension.

Retribution is constantly happening in the game at various moments. We always see hits delivered in retaliation.

What is concerning is the frequency and severity of Stutzle's embellishments though. Pretty embarrassing for the game.

A late hit delivered cleanly really isn't worthy of suspension. The head was never targeted. Shoulder made contact with the chest.

Retribution is constantly happening in the game at various moments. We always see hits delivered in retaliation. Suspending based on retaliation sets a bad precedent.

Late hits have resulted in suspensions before and they will continue to. That said I don’t have a lot of confidence in DOPS, I don’t think anyone does. Retribution is constantly happening in the game, but rarely in a predatory fashion such as this. There’s a line, I think Xhekaj crossed it again. There should be a serious conversation before this type of behaviour gets out of hand. I wouldn’t be too surprised if there were a couple teams besides Ottawa lobbying for a suspension here.

Can you guys try and stop a deflection.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
It's disgusting to celebrate injuries to players in anyway from any fanbase.

Anyone who is doing it in this thread needs to seriously look at themselves in the mirror. It's pretty disgusting behaviour.
You should refrain from reading Habs fans posts then.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Oh, look who's back. The person making outrageous claims that I provided video proof too but can't show me where and when the contact to the head (clipping of the chin, you say) happened. But still decides to hurl out personal insults because you can't actually win the argument.
Outrageous claims. Just stating the actual facts. Like I said get a grip on reality.

Fact refs reviewed it. Fact stutzle didn't return. Fact 5 and a game.

Fact refs reviewed Greg hit. Fact Dach stayed in the game scored and fought greig. Fact it was a 2 minute interference penalty.

When you want to join the rest of us where cause effect and results are what actually matter. Not a fictional reality you're more than welcome to.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
It's funny because before the hit Marc Denis and Pierre Houde were talking about how Gallagher had accused Stuzle of being a diver in previous situations. Then Stuzle does a back flip because Xhekaj touched his hand.

Reactions: domiwroze

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Late hits have resulted in suspensions before and they will continue to. That said I don’t have a lot of confidence in DOPS, I don’t think anyone does. Retribution is constantly happening in the game, but rarely in a predatory fashion such as this. There’s a line, I think Xhekaj crossed it again. There should be a serious conversation before this type of behaviour gets out of hand. I wouldn’t be too surprised if there were a couple teams besides Ottawa lobbying for a suspension here.

Can you guys try and stop a deflection.
This is such a slippery slope. I get it, the player on the team you are a fan of got targeted with a late hit. But it was cleanly delivered, wasn't really that nasty.

It's okay to be mad, but let's be reasonable here. What you are suggesting isn't going to happen and is fairly unreasonable. I think you are having a tough time separating your fandom from what is reasonable in this situation.

The diving though, that's pretty bad. Can't really help with getting folks in Ottawa to cheer for their club and bums in the seats.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I dont like the hit, but it is the same as Greig. Greig hit was predatory as well, he knew very well that Dach cannot see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad