Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Oh, look who's back. The person making outrageous claims that I provided video proof too but can't show me where and when the contact to the head (clipping of the chin, you say) happened. But still decides to hurl out personal insults because you can't actually win the argument.
Funny, he's the one who look completely stupid right now. And what's even funnier is that he will try to comeback whit falses claims again

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, because the sens could potentially lose Tkachuk and Stutzle.

That's not playing it to perfection.

But, you know, just ignore the obvious.

If winning a pre-season game in exchange for potentially losing your two best forwards... yeah, that's not a deal anyone with a brain would make.

I guess we’ll see one way or another.

At the same time, everyone in the league now knows the Habs will melt down and implode at the slightest provocation.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
This was retaliation.
In the fact that Xhekaj wanted to smoke someone? Yeah, I guess you could say that. But if that's the case, Xhekaj makes retaliation hits multiple times per night lol

There’s a Sens/Habs preseason rematch on Saturday, then the Habs play both Leafs and Sens in the first week of the season. Unfortunately we won’t not get to see X display his “stand up” routine until Pare and the Marlies play the Rocket in December.
You may not be wrong. Xhekaj is not a 100% destined NHL player at this point in his career. He's likely to make the team out of camp, but doesn't mean he'll stick.

But that's why this type of hit happens in the pre-season. Players are trying to make names for themselves and earn roster spots.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Hey if Xhekaj want to go around and get majors all season long it's fine with me, let's see how long St-Louis keep him in the lineup???

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Hey if Xhekaj want to go around and get majors all season long it's fine with me, let's see how long St-Louis keep him in the lineup???
MSL should have him in the center of the locker room praising him up while calling out the majority of the team as gutless pukes for not sticking up for their teammates

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
What, he’s doing his job, why not in pre-season?
Greig, like Xhekaj, did nothing wrong other than hit people late. Both of them are going to play that way trying to make their respective teams full-time. Can't blame these bubble-ish guys for going balls to the wall in pre-season. It's just the way it's going to be in the current format. You don't win jobs by doing the things you're good at less.

Xhekaj is a hitter who stands up for his teammates and wants to turn momentum to his team. Unfortunately tonight his hit was slightly late.

Greig is a pest (in a good way) who wants to get under the opposing teams skin and cause a turn of momentum for his team. Unfortunately tonight his hit was slightly late.

At the end of the day - I don't blame either of them. I blame the NHL's current pre-season format. As long as you have players trying to make NHL rosters, you're going to have things happen.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I'm pretty sure Tkachuk and Stu will be ready for the first game of the season unlike Patrick Laine
It's disgusting to celebrate injuries to players in anyway from any fanbase.

Anyone who is doing it in this thread needs to seriously look at themselves in the mirror. It's pretty disgusting behaviour.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Per the other night, I was under the impression that Xhekaj jumping a player from behind was the acceptable form of on-ice retribution. Now same folks telling that an elbow to the head is the acceptable form.

Seems to me we have people writing off any form on on-ice retribution as acceptable, based on the assumption that their guy was wrong in the first place, and so retribution is justice. I'm left to wonder, where does it stop for those folks? Maybe a nice shiv to the throat?

Jan 21, 2018
Montreal fans sent death threats to Pare and his family because of an injury that occurred during a normal hockey play.

Montreal fans are also celebrating when Xhekaj assaulted Pare and Stutzle.

Montreal gets mad when their players get injured but have no issue when their players injure their opponents.

Not a good time to be a fan of the Montreal Canadiens.

Keeping Pare and Tkachuk in my prayers tonight, hope they make a speedy recovery after they were assaulted by Xhekaj.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I guess we’ll see one way or another.

At the same time, everyone in the league now knows the Habs will melt down and implode at the slightest provocation.

Team can't PK is something we already knew.

Sens tried to fight back and lost.

I mean, you're missing the biggest point, if the Habs had an actual pp Greig's penalty would have cost them the game and you'll be saying "It's pre-season, he got his lick in on Dach", because that's what hypocrites do.

Now you're acting like Montreal is going to be a "good" team ? Injuring opposing players, or not, Montreal is going to lose a lot of games again.

League will take solace in the fact that Ottawa still isn't a good team.

I'm pretty sure Tkachuk and Stu will be ready for the first game of the season unlike Patrick Laine
Well, it's Patrik and I personally don't care, but you seem bothered by Xhekaj just destroying Stutzle.

You'll have to be better at your pot shots than that.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Per the other night, I was under the impression that Xhekaj jumping a player from behind was the acceptable form of on-ice retribution. Now same folks telling that an elbow to the head is the acceptable form.

Seems to me we have people writing off any form on on-ice retribution as acceptable, based on the assumption that their guy was wrong in the first place, and so retribution is justice. I'm left to wonder, where does it stop for those folks? Maybe a nice shiv to the throat?

Replay showed their was ZERO contact with Stutzle's head. Check my previous post.

Any "elbow to the head" on that play is complete fiction.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Montreal fans sent death threats to Pare and his family because of an injury that occurred during a normal hockey play.

Montreal fans are also celebrating when Xhekaj assaulted Pare and Stutzle.

Montreal gets mad when their players get injured but have no issue when their players injure their opponents.

Not a good time to be a fan of the Montreal Canadiens.

Keeping Pare and Tkachuk in my prayers tonight, hope they make a speedy recovery after they were assaulted by Xhekaj.
donate to Arbers charity up above!

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal

He never made contact with the head, watch the video lol

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

Seems to me that you didn't watch the replay who clearly showed no contact to the head was done on that play

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The message was quite clear. You mess with any of the Habs you get a visit from the Sheriff. It was a meaningless preseason game who cares if he takes pentalities. Its about sending a message. Cry more though your tears are yummy.

Yes, and clearly that message is heard loud and clear. Every NHL team now completely avoids any physical contact with Montreal players and clearly nobody will ever get hurt on the Habs because of it. 😂

How anyone can say this with a straight face is hilarious. Oh yes, the Sheriff is a deterrent, just look how it’s stopped anything from happening so far.

Sure, it’s the preseason, penalties, fines and now a suspension in the regular season are meaningless. Oh wait… if he’s suspended, it’s a free for all on Habs players right?

Meanwhile he’s a #7/8 D, who will play half the games at best, on a lottery team, and will be demoted as soon as Montreal’s younger D prospects mature. He’s just not a good D man, and will be out of the league in a couple of years. If you think other teams look at him in the lineup and are worried about Montreal, you are sadly mistaken.

He’s no deterrent, as we’ve seen, the only message is it’s easy to get Montreal and their fans unhinged, and a borderline AHL D man is likely to face multiple long suspensions this season if this keeps up, and the franchise will get fined. Nobody has tears, they are laughing. You know who he hurts the most when he’s on the ice and acting up? The Habs

Imagine the identity of a team being an AHL level unhinged tough guy, and that’s the bravado of the team. 😂

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Maybe it was my fan rose-tinted glasses, but I don't remember him being this dangerous and reckless in prior year. Fighting a lot? Yes. Hitting hard? Yes. But this pre-season, he's made a few questionable moves already.

I'm a Habs fan and I rather Xhekaj become a feared, useful stay-at-home defenseman than continue on this path of gooning it up at all occasion and becoming a Ryan Reaves. Gooning it up earned him an NHL spot for sure, but would be nice if the team and himself used that time to elevate his game to an acceptable level so he doesn't feel the need to do acts like these.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad