Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
It’s clear no one is afraid of xhekaj…. I could see nick robertson thrashing him next time they meet
Show us on the doll where Xhekaj hurt you.

This was an obvious case of game management by the officials. The replay clearly shows that Stutzle’s stick hits him in the face, not the shoulder or elbow. The fact that they reviewed it for over 5 minutes and still weren’t able to make the correct decision, speaks volumes about their abilities.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ottawa fans are giddy when running our best guys but man the tears start to flow when they are on the receiving end.

He turned the game around in favor of the Sens.

They literally had nothing going on except for Ulmark in net so Xhekaj’s timing was impeccable.

It’s nice to have a guy watching out for his teammates but in this case it backfired spectacularly.

Reactions: albator71

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

They literally had nothing going on except for Ulmark in net so Xhekaj’s timing was impeccable.

It’s nice to have a guy watching out for his teammates but in this case it backfired spectacularly.

Turned the PRESEASON game in your favor. I take that everyday. Couldnt care less.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Okay... the video above is pretty clear: That was not a headshot by Xhekaj.

As for the hit that started this melodrama - Greig on Dach - it looks like he did make contact with Dach's head. If there's a video that shows otherwise I'll gladly change my opinion.

In both cases, they were late hits on good players. Xhekaj deserved a penalty for that. Greig deserved more if it was a headshot. Neither Dach nor Stutzle deserved to be hurt.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Man I wish scrubs would stop targeting star players. Hope he gets suspended, back to back games in pre-season with these antics. Dude needs his head examined and stop believing the hype Montreal fans put on him lol he ain't shit.

Edit: Watched it again and Jackoff even turtles what a punk, does a flying elbow and then turtles absolutely gutless coward.
Avatar matches watching ability.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
(Gets coffee, stumbles into HF to see if anything is going on... sees 1k+ thread from last night about alphabet soup...)

Oh lord, what did the meathead do this time...?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
You can absolutely argue intent. But it was ALL shoulder, ZERO head contact, and it was Stutzle's own stick that bloodied him. This was not a headshot. It was late, unquestionably.

Required viewing for anyone calling it a headshot. Just bumping so people see it.

Was it late? Yup. Can you argue intent? Yup. Headshot? Nope.

Reactions: Pickles

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
What an absolutely insane start to the season it's been in Montreal. The franchise is imploding. They lose a couple of mid-level forwards to injury. Their season is apparently over, death threats are being handed out by fans, a rogue dman keeps trying to injure guys but to no avail, they're looking at yet another basement finish, fans are just wanting other team's players to be hurt and we're not yet into game 1 of the season.

What a whirlwind.

Yesterday against a full Sens lineup 5v5 shots were 26-6. There’s plenty of positive in this preseason honestly.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

It's pre-season, so no hab fan cares, or should care for a win in pre-season.

A win would have been nice, but I'll take this result any day.

Plus maybe management will realize their system sucks. Can't pk, can't score on the pp.

Habs special teams sure are special.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013

I don’t think anyone cares all that much about the game. Win or a lose a preseason game, you leave that on the ice and move on.

When key players keep getting sent down the hall by scrubs making bad plays and then refusing to answer for it, you take that personally. Especially in a game where there’s literally f*** all on the line.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm quite familiar with the type of 'people' Costco normally hires to pull their carts (especially during the summer swing). Can't say I'm at all surprised at how this kid has established himself thus far in the league. It's actually quite a bit worrisome, tbh.
WTF? <speechless>

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don’t think anyone cares all that much about the game. Win or a lose a preseason game, you leave that on the ice and move on.

When key players keep getting sent down the hall by scrubs making bad plays and then refusing to answer for it, you take that personally. Especially in a game where there’s literally f*** all on the line.

Greig played this one to perfection really in a game that was soundly in control by the Habs.

He even scored the go-ahead goal and Ottawa led for the rest of the game.

Once the game was in hand, Greig fought Dach. Picked his spot perfectly and didn’t back down at all.

Deserves first star really in teams of his impact on the game and the end result.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Absolutely insane stuff right here. You need to get a grip on reality.
Oh, look who's back. The person making outrageous claims that I provided video proof too but can't show me where and when the contact to the head (clipping of the chin, you say) happened. But still decides to hurl out personal insults because you can't actually win the argument.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Greig played this one to perfection really in a game that was soundly in control by the Habs.

Once the game was in hand, Greig fought Dach. Picked his spot perfectly and didn’t back down at all.

Deserves first star really in teams of his impact on the game and the end result.
Yeah, because the sens could potentially lose Tkachuk and Stutzle.

That's not playing it to perfection.

But, you know, just ignore the obvious.

If winning a pre-season game in exchange for potentially losing your two best forwards... yeah, that's not a deal anyone with a brain would make.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013

Well I’m glad he got this crowning achievement under his belt last night, and hope that his tour de force will carry Sens fans through the games that actually matter.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I hadn't seen that angle. So fair point, it wasn't a head pick.

That being said, it looks like Xhekaj is the reason Stutzle's stick rides up, albeit unintentionally. It's a late hit which may still get him in trouble.

As for the rest. Let's can that nonsense. I know Stutzle has a reputation but he didn't deliberately smack himself in the face with his own stick to draw a call in a preseason game none of these players give a shit about.
Xhekaj's hit is 100% the reason Stutzle's stick rides up and smacks him in the fact. But Xhekaj is not responsible for Stutzle's stick being high in the first place.

Are getting to the point where we have to watch for where sticks are now before players make a hit? If we are, then they should just remove hitting from the game.

Did Stutzle hit himself on purpose? Of course not. Anyone suggesting that is being as ridiculous as saying this was a hit to the head.

Was it a late hit? Yeah, it was. By a small margin. Just like the Greig hit earlier in the game. Interference happens multiple times a game. The only way to take interference (from hits) out of the game is to remove hitting, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Reactions: Lshap and Borlag

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad