Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
After seeing all the best angles, it seems pretty clear to me that Xhekaj didn't get Stutzle in the head and that he did not use his elbow. I don't like how people are trying to justify their anger by claiming they know exactly what was in Xhekaj's mind (you can't know that). This is exactly how I felt about people claiming Paré tried to injure Laine in the previous game.

That being said, it still looks bad. Especially in context. It's easier to presume the worst about Xhekaj's intentions after what happened to Dach earlier in the game, and after we saw Xhekaj go for Paré the other day.

Still, I understand what Xhekaj is trying to do. A few key players for the Habs have been injured in this preseason and the team is probably frustrated and restless. He thinks that his job is to "do something" for his team. To stand up for them. I'm just not sure this is the way to go. He's probably bound to be suspended just to make an example out of him, and I don't know how the organization will look at him long term.

EDIT: Can I just say... PLEASE stay healthy Dach? The hell is going on. It's like he's the unluckiest hockey player to play the game currently.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
95cjuh.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Andy

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
This is on his teammates for 2nd game in a row, nobody comes to the defense of the Habs player laying on the ice when it happens so he needs to seek retribution later on. Very similar hit as Greig on Dach but Kirby doesn't have the flopping skills to really sell it. Will be no suspension still as the head wasn't the target even if the hit was late

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I like the anger. Good to see some hate back in the game.

Dirty hits coming from both sides. The game is so damn vanilla now. The fans get more riled up than the players. It's adorable.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Rarely am I guy who thinks a different angle changes anything, but that 2nd angle changes everything. Looks like #72 doesn't get any head with either shoulder or elbow but it's Stutzle's own stick that does the damage. From the 1st angle I thought he would be getting suspended for sure. Should be included in the OP.

Also if posters were seriously trying to blame Laine for 'skating with a wide stance' in the last thread, what is Stutzle doing crossing the blueline completely unaware of what the weakside defenseman is doing? That is exactly how you get lit up and he's probably fortunate Xhexaj misses his center mass. That's why we keep two hands on the stick sonny :wally:

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Man I wish scrubs would stop targeting star players. Hope he gets suspended, back to back games in pre-season with these antics. Dude needs his head examined and stop believing the hype Montreal fans put on him lol he ain't shit.

Edit: Watched it again and Jackoff even turtles what a punk, does a flying elbow and then turtles absolutely gutless coward.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I defended Xhekaj on mauling Pare given the circumstances and lack of accountability from the refs. After this though, he needs to sit at least a couple games. There's absolutely zero reason for him picking the head like that. Especially seeing the hit on Dach wasn't even a head hit.

Xhekaj can't just decide to go vigilante if he wants any future in the NHL.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
I defended Xhekaj on mauling Pare given the circumstances and lack of accountability from the refs. After this though, he needs to sit at least a couple games. There's absolutely zero reason for him picking the head like that. Especially seeing the hit on Dach wasn't even a head hit.

Xhekaj can't just decide to go vigilante if he wants any future in the NHL.

How did he pick the head?

It's for sure late and definitely a penalty but he gets all shoulder. Stutzle high sticks himself and dives.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So glad DOPS are doing a wonderful job keeping the players they employ safe 👍

No way this could have been prevented from happening 😄

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

How did he pick the head?

It's for sure late and definitely a penalty but he gets all shoulder. Stutzle high sticks himself and dives.
Pays to have one of those ejection helmets as well to really sell it, it’s called a chin strap Timmy, maybe use it but the helmet even goes flying the opposite direction of where Arber is skating.

If he’s suspended it will be based on the name and back to back games of seeking retaliation not on this hit alone

Reactions: Walksss

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
That second angle changes everything.

Definitely not a suspension and just unlucky and nothing more than a minor. That second clip should be main video in the OP. He knew what he was doing and timed it to nearly perfection barring Stutzles own stick hitting himself lol.

Fair game for what Greig did earlier.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
This is all compounding perceived slights from the Toronto game. The Habs feel they're owed blood for the injuries they've taken. Can I say how insane it is to include Reinbacher in that ledger? Reasonable people can disagree about the Pare one that but the Reinbacher play was literally nothing. And I've still seen sentiment about how the Habs need to be enforcers partially because they lost a 5th overall pick to injury.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Except Xhekaj didn't hit him in the head.
Greig didn't touch his head. Xhekaj went for the head and Stutzle's hands just happened to be in the way

Suspend Stutzle's stick.

Like i get emotions are running high, but that stick did all the damage there.
Um what? He clearly targeted the head and would have hit him in the head had Stutzle not had his hand there.

Retaliation. Intent to injure. Turtle. The guy is a POS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad