Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I don’t like Greig at all and youll know why from my display pic lol but you could have added after a 1:30 shift too. Not sure how people think Wifi on Stutzle is anything similar to Greig hitting a guy way bigger than him in the chest. Kind of the exact opposite situations honestly
How do you think it's any different?

Both hits were late? Check.
Both hits could be considered blindside? Check.
Both hits had players raising their arms slightly? Check.
Both hits didn't have main contact points of the head (or possibly even any contact point)? Check.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Guy has been injured so many times, he hates when stuff happens like this - and he knows what happens when it does.

For what? A hit to the gloves?
He was going for head with his elbow. He missed, if he connected he would be gone. Greig hit shoulder to shoulder...yes it was a penalty for being late but it was a hard hit. If you cant see that i dont know what to tell you.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
He was going for head with his elbow. He missed, if he connected he would be gone. Greig hit shoulder to shoulder...yes it was a penalty for being late but it was a hard hit. If you cant see that i dont know what to tell you.
You have no idea what he was going for, stop acting like you do. It's absolute bullshit and you know it.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Almost every team in the league would pick him up if he was put on waivers, including the Senators. Don't kid yourself.

He is handsome and a complete pushover. I'm sure lots of organizations and their people would try picking him up.

Every NHL roster though? You sure see a lot of things most Habs fans and the fans of 31 other teams don't.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I don’t like Greig at all and youll know why from my display pic lol but you could have added after a 1:30 shift too. Not sure how people think Wifi on Stutzle is anything similar to Greig hitting a guy way bigger than him in the chest. Kind of the exact opposite situations honestly
It's the same hit but players of various sizes change the final result.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Getting pretty loose with the term “turtling” here :laugh: they both jump at each other loll
Assuming something is lost in translation, it was a perfect example of a tortue. Does that make sense now?

When a guy keeps his gloves on and covers his head with them, that's the definition of a turtle.

• Haha
Reactions: Mcdonaldz

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
He is handsome and a complete pushover. I'm sure lots of organizations and their people would try picking him up.

Every NHL roster though? You sure see a lot of things most Habs fans and the fans of 31 other teams don't.
I didn't say every, I said almost every. And yes, teams would most definitely claim him and drop some spare 7th defenseman who is just there for to be a stop-gap. Would he start for every team? Hell nah. He doesn't start every game for Montreal. But almost every team would take him.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Greig's hit was to the neck and head and a blind side hit. What Xhekaj was intending to do is IRRELEVANT. Only what happened - Stutzl'e stick to his own face is. Otherwise every bad hit thrown that completely miosses would be a penalty. Anyone who doesn't see that needs glasses.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
How do you think it's any different?

Both hits were late? Check.
Both hits could be considered blindside? Check.
Both hits had players raising their arms slightly? Check.
Both hits didn't have main contact points of the head (or possibly even any contact point)? Check.
I have no dog in this fight but you did leave out Dach being 6’4 220 and stutzle being 6’ 190 and Wifi being 6’4 240. Wifi is easily going to hurt someone way easier in a meaning less pre season game then 185lb Greig is

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
lol at Sens fans trying to convince themselves Zhekaj turtled against Tkachuk. The ‘never been in a playoff game’ captain didn’t even come back after being taken down first.
Gonna be interesting to see the reaction when they actually fight next game lmao

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Greig's hit was to the neck and head and a blind side hit. What Xhekaj was intending to do is IRRELEVANT. Only what happened - Stutzl'e stick to his own face is. Otherwise every bad hit thrown that completely miosses would be a penalty. Anyone who doesn't see that needs glasses.
Refs ruled one a 2min and the other a major penalty. I guess you are always right? Ill stick with the refs who know their job

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
not only that, back to back games with intent to do harm in retribution. Habs fans pointing out a hit earlier in the game is doing their player no favours here. If that’s going to be the narrative the league has to do something significant.
X’s teammates will do something significant. The skilled Habs (especially the little ones like Caufield) don’t want rough stuff. They will tell x to simmer down. The Habs couch is little. He knows what it’s like for the little players when their teammate is running around targeting other clubs elite skill. That makes the Habs elite skill, especially the little guys, targets. X is going to get it from his teammates and head coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad