Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Sens fans sure are talking big here for a team that was barely 2 points above the Habs last season and years later in their rebuild.

I'm laughing at the idea the Habs were mentally tough and won the moral victory here. Up 2-0, lose 4-3.

They had the Habs special - preseason coaches challenge to reverse a goal in a meaningless preseason game. First time seeing that in my life so thanks Habs. 🤡

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Should I cry or ? Act like he's the only player doing dumb things on the ice. Proud to have him on my team , defending his teammates
You're the one saying the dirty hits are retaliation for other dirty hits. Considering Xhekaj started it, maybe all the dirty hits on Habs players are just retaliation, and thus justified.

Again, I'm just going by your own reasoning here.

Unless you are insinuating that Xhekaj is a time traveller? Dunno. Just trying to follow your logic here.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
You're the one saying the dirty hits are retaliation for other dirty hits. Considering Xhekaj started it, maybe all the dirty hits on Habs players are just retaliation, and thus justified.

Again, I'm just going by your own reasoning here.

Unless you are insinuating that Xhekaj is a time traveller? Dunno. Just trying to follow your logic here.
Lets be honest... most of the posts on this forum have nothing to do with what actually happened in the game.

Dach fighting Greig? That definitely had to do with the previous few incidents between them.

Xhekaj trying to hit someone as hard as he possibly can? There's no retaliation. That's just how he plays. Unfortunately this hit was slightly late, but thankfully not to the head.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm not attempting to insult you, but nice try. I was trying to help incase you didn't know!

You can't say a standard answer, from a completely different player, is retaliation. That's a ridiculous claim and you're reaching.

No you absolutely can. Player A says team is out for blood. Player B goes goes and gets blood. You can about bring that to the attention of the league that there was intent to get retribution. Add on top of just a couple of nights ago Xkehaj crossed the line in retribution. As lenient as the league likes to be, gotta think their hands are tied on this one.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
How is greigs hit even remotely dirty? Dach even embellished. is Montreal calling the cops tonight too? Pathetic display from team and fans
How's it dirty? Look where the puck is and where Greig came from. It was as blindside as the Xhekaj hit and also late like the Xhekaj hit.

If both hits were not late, then there would be absolutely nothing wrong with either hit.

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
The fact that people believe that Xhekaj made Stützle hit himself with his own stick ON PURPOSE is why people warn others to stay off the internet.

At the end of the day, it’s the intent that matters the most here. Xhekaj was clearly trying to take Stützle’s head off with his elbow and narrowly missed.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
No absolutely can. Player A says team is out for blood. Player B goes goes and gets blood. You can about bring that to the attention of the league that there was intent to get retribution. Add on top of just a couple of nights ago Xkehaj crossed the line in retribution. As lenient as the league likes to be, gotta think their hands a tied on this one.
Evans has absolutely zero dirtiness in his body or his game. He's missed significant time due to dirty hits. He's not going to condone dirty, late hits.

The hit was literally downgraded. What are they going to do? Upgrade it again? lol, no.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
The fact that people believe that Xhekaj made Stützle hit himself with his own stick ON PURPOSE is why people warn others to stay off the internet.

At the end of the day, it’s the intent that matters the most here. Xhekaj was clearly trying to take Stützle’s head off with his elbow and narrowly missed.
If Xhekaj wanted to take his head off, his head would be off. The contact was the shoulder to the hands (which were at his upper chest). End of story.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
C targeted the head in a clear attempt to conus’s his opponent. Greg went shoulder to shoulder. These plays aren’t the same because of the intent and point of contact. X is in serious doo doo.
He went for a late hit just like Grieg did. Stutzle result was different because his own stick hit him on the nose and then knocks his helmet out. Point of contact was Stutzle's shoulder. Both late hits and should have been penalized but no suspension.

Of course the boys will make those comments publicly. In the room it’s different. C is getting an earful from his teammates and coach.
So did the coach. MSL said they both were very similar hit and should have been penalized the same way. I'm sure Xhekaj will act differently when it will matter in the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad