Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Vilardi played half the games, had more goals, similar points, and makes less than half of what PLD does.

I'll take that alone over PLD and the other assets in the trade.
The best ability is availability.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
"A #1 goalie"

Might want to check on how Kuemper did last year.

You can't ignore the sunk cost of what they paid for Dubois a year ago in this deal. Washington lost the deal for taking on PLD's deal without getting anything of value for it, but LA is still an absolute loser in this deal for basically turning what they paid for last year into Kuemper.
That’s literally the point of what a “sunk cost” is though.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Wow PLD for a wahsed up goalie, remember Kuemper was the back up of Charlie fkn Lingren last palyoffs?

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I do not understand why people think the pu-pu platter LA traded away was a big package. Vilardi will likely never be healthy and the rest of it nothing remotely special.

I agree I think the price gets a little overstated. If Vilardi stays healthy and scores at a good clip that stings, but that still seems like an uphill battle. Iafallo Kupari and the 2nd are pretty meh assets.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
1000007153.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Darcy just couldn’t get it together here.

Caps are desperate to get help for Ovechkin. Ugly longterm, but that won’t matter during a rebuild period….

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
"A #1 goalie"

Might want to check on how Kuemper did last year.

You can't ignore the sunk cost of what they paid for Dubois a year ago in this deal. Washington lost the deal for taking on PLD's deal without getting anything of value for it, but LA is still an absolute loser in this deal for basically turning what they paid for last year into Kuemper.
You also have to remember the Kings had Kuemper and basically gave him away for free to sign Cal Petersen whom they had to pay to get of last year.
So its Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, Durzi, Walker, Grans, 2nd round pick, paying salary retention to Columbus for Provorov all just to end up with a guy they gave away for nothing in his prime in Kuemper.
It is insane Rob Blake still has a job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad