Proposal: Wpg-sj-ana

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Yeah he's probably right, the guy who scored 29 points in 65 games as a 19 year old rookie will never score 30 points. Bizz's opinions seem very legitimate. :rolleyes:

You responding to them makes them legitimate.

Like a fly getting stuck in a spider web...

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets are totally getting screwed.

Trouba, 1st and Stafford (aka 2nd pick at TDL) for Lindholm? No freaking way unless Lindholm suddenly turned into Orr in his prime. Stupid overpayment

Easy pass

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
San Jose gives up so little here. Hertl isn't worth anywhere near as much as Trouba or Lindholm so I'm confused why the Jets are adding a first and not the Sharks.

I'd take Hertl over Trouba everyday of the week. Lindholm and Hertl are pretty equal.

This is a no from all sides involved though I think.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
At this point, I don't think the Sharks would do it. There are signs that Hertl is the 1C of the future and while Trouba is definitely valuable and a piece I'd like to add, it wouldn't be at the expense of Hertl especially when the team has Burns and Braun on the right side right now. They'd likely have to make a move to open that spot up before contemplating the acquisition of someone like Trouba.

Jets obviously don't do that because while Lindholm is definitely the better d-man right now, he's not so much better to justify moving Trouba, a decent top six winger, and a 1st.

Ducks will say no just because Stafford is involved. They still have to sign Lindholm and Rakell and if their budget is the same this year as it was last year, they have roughly no dollars to spend right now then you want to add the 7.35 million with Hertl and Stafford while still leaving Rakell to sign who is likely to get 3 mil on his own at least? It's not going to work for them.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
At this point, I don't think the Sharks would do it. There are signs that Hertl is the 1C of the future and while Trouba is definitely valuable and a piece I'd like to add, it wouldn't be at the expense of Hertl especially when the team has Burns and Braun on the right side right now. They'd likely have to make a move to open that spot up before contemplating the acquisition of someone like Trouba.

Jets obviously don't do that because while Lindholm is definitely the better d-man right now, he's not so much better to justify moving Trouba, a decent top six winger, and a 1st.

Ducks will say no just because Stafford is involved. They still have to sign Lindholm and Rakell and if their budget is the same this year as it was last year, they have roughly no dollars to spend right now then you want to add the 7.35 million with Hertl and Stafford while still leaving Rakell to sign who is likely to get 3 mil on his own at least? It's not going to work for them.

This. No need to bash other fanbases, this proposal doesn't work from any perspective.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Maybe the Sharks would consider this if there wasn't an expansion draft going on. I doubt it, but they might, I suppose. But we're already having to expose at least 1 D-man to the expansion draft that we really would rather not, adding an additional one would be borderline insane. Yes, Trouba is a nice piece, and I would love to have him. But there's no way we give up someone like Hertl for someone who we'd lose to LV in the offseason anyway.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Lol @ the guy saying trouba is "barely worth a 2nd"

Lol even more @ the guy who says "if internet person said it, it's gotta be right"

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Jets are totally getting screwed.

Trouba, 1st and Stafford (aka 2nd pick at TDL) for Lindholm? No freaking way unless Lindholm suddenly turned into Orr in his prime. Stupid overpayment

Easy pass

Just read this. My thoughts on this as well.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'd like to see the metric that places Pavelski and Thornton below Hertl when both players outscored him by 30+ points

Well then, friend, look no further than here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2052325& (Also pssst, Thornton is the best Sharks forward.)

It might interest you to know that from the point that Hertl was put on the Thornton-Pavelski line last season onwards, Hertl actually outscored Pavelski at even strength. That 30+ point disparity you're referencing? 100% due to our elite #1PP unit (Thornton-Pavelski-Marleau-Couture-Burns) and mediocre-at-best #2PP unit (Hertl-Donskoi-Ward-Tierney/Vlasic/Martin/Bleh).

I'd take Hertl over Trouba everyday of the week. Lindholm and Hertl are pretty equal.

This is a no from all sides involved though I think.

Lindholm >> Hertl = Trouba IMO. Obviously I'm probably the highest of anyone on Hertl so that should also tell you have highly I think of Trouba and in turn how highly I think of Lindholm. I mean, I'd be hard-pressed to choose anyone else but those three bar McDavid, Barkov, or Ekblad if I'm starting a U23 team. I really really think highly of all those players.

Maybe the Sharks would consider this if there wasn't an expansion draft going on. I doubt it, but they might, I suppose. But we're already having to expose at least 1 D-man to the expansion draft that we really would rather not, adding an additional one would be borderline insane. Yes, Trouba is a nice piece, and I would love to have him. But there's no way we give up someone like Hertl for someone who we'd lose to LV in the offseason anyway.

That's a great point that no one brought up. If we did this trade, we'd lose Braun in the expansion draft, and that would be horrendous. There is some serious underrating of Braun on this forum as a whole. I mean, just go look at some of the defensemen winning polls over him over in the Defenseman ranking poll series. Braun isn't quite as good as Vlasic, but he's reaching Vlasic-levels of underratedness on HF Boards dot com. It honestly boggles my mind how Vlasic got all the credit for shutting down Toffoli, Tarasenko, and Forsberg and Braun never got a passing mention. I personally think Braun was better than Vlasic our whole playoff run (although I also think Vlasic was injured from Game 1 too).

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
This is the third thread I've seen now with "lottery protected 1st round pick" coming to Anaheim. If you want Lindholm you're gonna have to accept the risk that your first round will be in top lottery range.

Either way Hertl is the only nice piece there. The rest is crap for a top tier asset like Lindholm

if the first is lottery protected how does the receiving team get compensated if the pick actually becomes a lottery pick . what do they receive instead of the pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad