Proposal: Wpg-sj-ana

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Lol no. We're not adding Stafford (who should be worth at least a 2nd at the deadline) and our 1st to get Lindholm.

We'll keep trouba thank you very much. When he's not stuck with Stuart this season we will see him break through.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
There is an argument to be made that Hertl was our second best forward depending on the metric used.

I'd like to see the metric that places Pavelski and Thornton below Hertl when both players outscored him by 30+ points

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
I'd like to see the metric that places Pavelski and Thornton below Hertl when both players outscored him by 30+ points

Probably not our 2nd best player but his importance is right up there at the top among the team. His importance isn't really recognized on these boards because he hasn't put up lofty numbers, but the guy is great and in my opinion, the driver of the Hertl-Thornton-Pavs line.

Saying so, I wouldn't trade him for Trouba because we have a logjam on D.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
The way I see it, if all 3 fan bases think they're overpaying then it's at least close to fair, no? Anaheim is stacked on D and light on forward depth. Sharks just signed Boedker and have Marleau in their top 6 so losing Hertl for a young #3 dman at worst wouldn't be so bad? Winnipeg needs Lindholm like oxygen so losing Trouba and lesser parts isn't going to kill us.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
The way I see it, if all 3 fan bases think they're overpaying then it's at least close to fair, no? Anaheim is stacked on D and light on forward depth. Sharks just signed Boedker and have Marleau in their top 6 so losing Hertl for a young #3 dman at worst wouldn't be so bad? Winnipeg needs Lindholm like oxygen so losing Trouba and lesser parts isn't going to kill us.

I wouldn't trade Hertl for Trouba because I feel like the Sharks already have two better dman and one that is arguably on par with him.. And Hertl is a huge part of our top line.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
The difference between Trouba and Lindholm is not a 1st (protected or not) and a top 6 FWD... No thanks.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Hertl really played well in the 2nd half and the playoffs. He's going to be a part of the future when Thornton and Marleau are gone.

Pass.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Trouba is not a fit for San Jose. Especially not at the cost of Hertl. Easy pass.

A lot of teams looking for RHD, but SJ is not one of them. Trouba would be on the bottom pairing. Too expensive for a bottom pairing upgrade.

Last edited:

OldAsianSharksFan

More 1OV picks please
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose

Hertl is our #1LW ahead of both Boedker and Marleau. Both of them will fight for 2nd line minutes. Hertl is also groomed to be the 2C moving forward when Thornton retires. He's very very important to this organization.

We aren't trading him for one year of Trouba, when we still have both Burns and Braun. It makes no sense for us.

IF there is a team wanting a RHD for a winger, Edmonton is your team. Not SJ

mytduxfan*

As usual, ANA get boned more then anyone in this deal. EZ pass. Lindholm is untouchable.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why do the Sharks do this? They have no need for Trouba at all. First of all they can't afford his contract. Second of all they already have Braun and Burns who are both better than Trouba. Third Hertl is the only center that even has the possibility of replacing Thornton to some extent. Just absolute garbage for the Sharks.

No it's not close. When people say this, about 95% of the time they are just wrong. It means that it doesn't fill any need for any team and its terrible for all three.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Why do the Sharks do this? They have no need for Trouba at all. First of all they can't afford his contract. Second of all they already have Braun and Burns who are both better than Trouba. Third Hertl is the only center that even has the possibility of replacing Thornton to some extent. Just absolute garbage for the Sharks.

Yeah Braun is not better. And I agree, you are about the last team who needs him - not even if he was a lefty.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah Braun is not better. And I agree, you are about the last team who needs him - not even if he was a lefty.

I'd take Braun over Trouba every time.

That doesn't mean Trouba can't surpass him, but currently? Braun is better. He's also 29 years old, so really, he should be.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Maybe not better but definitely more important to SJ. He is on our top pairing with Vlasic and 1/2 of one of the best shutdown pairings in the league.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
I'd take Braun over Trouba every time.

That doesn't mean Trouba can't surpass him, but currently? Braun is better. He's also 29 years old, so really, he should be.

More value? Trouba for sure.

Better player? Braun.

I agree with your assessment. That's why this deal is redundant for the Sharks (and the Ducks, in all honesty) because they don't fit either teams needs.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
More value? Trouba for sure.

Better player? Braun.

I agree with your assessment. That's why this deal is redundant for the Sharks (and the Ducks, in all honesty) because they don't fit either teams needs.

It really doesn't fit WIN all that much either. If anything simply because of value. I don't understand how the OP could see this as a good deal for any team involved unless they were completely uninformed about team needs for ANA or SJ or value for WIN.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
It really doesn't fit WIN all that much either. If anything simply because of value. I don't understand how the OP could see this as a good deal for any team involved unless they were completely uninformed about team needs for ANA or SJ or value for WIN.

Well, I guess it fits the Jets because they get the best player in the deal and can avoid the contract issues with Trouba. But they are still overpaying.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Why would the Sharks want to trade their top young forward for a Defenseman who has not and likely never will score 30 points a season? One dimensional defensemen are a dime a dozen.

Trouba is barely worth a 2nd.

and lol @ Lindholm being any better.

Randal61

Jan 12, 2014
Why would the Sharks want to trade their top young forward for a Defenseman who has not and likely never will score 30 points a season? One dimensional defensemen are a dime a dozen.

Trouba is barely worth a 2nd.

and lol @ Lindholm being any better.

Yeah OK

Currysux*

If a team wants Lindholm, they should just offer sheet him. 5.9 x 6 (8M,8M,7.4M,4M,4M,4M) 23.4M for the 1st three years for a budget team would be hard to stomach and I doubt they would be able to make room within a week to take that money so they likely wont be able to match it. The would only be a 1st,2nd and a 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad