Proposal: Wpg-sj-ana

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I don't understand, this is like that fifth proposal with protection on a pick, which rarely happens. If you want to argue why we should trade Lindholm at least have the confidence to include a 1st without any protection.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
San Jose gives up so little here. Hertl isn't worth anywhere near as much as Trouba or Lindholm so I'm confused why the Jets are adding a first and not the Sharks.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is the third thread I've seen now with "lottery protected 1st round pick" coming to Anaheim. If you want Lindholm you're gonna have to accept the risk that your first round will be in top lottery range.

Either way Hertl is the only nice piece there. The rest is crap for a top tier asset like Lindholm

OldAsianSharksFan

More 1OV picks please
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
San Jose gives up so little here. Hertl isn't worth anywhere near as much as Trouba or Lindholm so I'm confused why the Jets are adding a first and not the Sharks.

Hertl is our #1LW with Thornton and Pavelski, and SIGNED for 2 more years, unlike Trouba. We also have our top 4 RHD spots filled by Burns and Braun, so this trade wouldn't make much sense to us unless Burns flat out says he won't re-sign here.

So we give up our top line, young, cost-controlled forward for a guy we can't afford to re-sign, can't protect from expansion, and have little need for? Gee, where do we sign?

I will say this though: Hertl is the worst player of the 3, but he is coming off a major injury and has improved ever since.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hertl is absolutely worth Trouba one for one, but your average NHL fan probably doesn't know that.

But yeah. Still bad for the Ducks and great for the Jets.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Hertl is absolutely worth Trouba one for one, but your average NHL fan probably doesn't know that.

But yeah. Still bad for the Ducks and great for the Jets.

Trouba is a young RHD trading him 1 for 1 for Hertl would be crazy unless your worried about signing him. Hertl is good but not worth that.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Lol no.

We cannot afford this if Trouba is demanding anything near what his superfans on HF think he's worth. This also forces us to lose a top3 defenseman in the expansion draft next year no matter who we protect.

I can't see why anyone would think this current proposal is good for San Jose.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The league IS swinging back from defense heavy to possession offense, and hertl is one of the best possession players in the league. And signed at a team friendly deal. HDN is right, we can't afford to pay big bucks for a marquee defenseman.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Anaheim gets screwed over big time, Winnipeg massively overpays and San Jose gets something they don't need nearly as much as Hertl. In short, an awful deal.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Hell no from Wpg as well. The difference between Lindholm and Trouba is negligible considering that Trouba has been stuck with absolutely the worst defenseman for the last three years. In spite of that he's held his own.

That & being a RHD (in more demand), makes adding anything to get Lindholm back not worthy of considering.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
To WPG:

Lindholm

To ANA:

Hertl
WPG top 5 protected 1st 2017 or unprotected 2018 1st
Drew Stafford
2018 lesser pick if needed

To SJ:

Trouba

:yo::yo::yo:

If the Ducks were ever stupid enough (they aren't) to trade Lindholm....then there would be no draft conditions....and they would get a much better offer if he were available.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Of course like Lindholm but no way Jets give up that much to get him. Pass

Jets are giving up too much and Sharks aren't giving up enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad