Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] F Mark Schiefele signs extension with the Jets (7 years, $8.5M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
It’s easy to say Calgary and Winnipeg should be tanking when you’re not trying to operate a franchise and keep fans invested.

I don’t think these moves are going to pay off but I understand the reasoning. I bet the majority of Jets fans are probably thrilled today. Maybe not your HFB weirdo who is into analytics and prospect pool rankings. But the rest? Surely it’s a good day in the ‘Peg.

You have to sacrifice short-term to win long-term. Otherwise it's just painful road forever. Never good enough.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
That playoff loss to LV (eventual cup winners) had an injured Ehlers missing the first few games and schief and JoMo going down as well. Not many teams have the depth to overcome the loss of their 1C, 1D and top 2 winger

Also, Jets depth is hugely improved after moving out PLD and Wheeler and adding vilardi, iafallo and kupari
I look forward do that , its always scary giving that money at that age.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Good for Winnipeg, not only because It's my home city so I want to see them do well.

But also because for over a year now, ever since Matt Tkachuk left Calgary all we have heard is nobody wants to play in Canada, I think these 2 signings can finally kill that.

In reality it appears that It's just Noah Hanifin.
And Dubois who is a complete clown

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
1696899844072.jpeg

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I'm sure Rick bowness had a chat with Chevy after the embarrassing elimination in the playoffs. I highly doubt Rick signed with this team If he knew that they were going to rebuild.

Reactions: Monkey D Luffy

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I'm surprised so many are against this deal, Dahlin just got $11M.. this deal looks real nice compared to that atrocity.

Option 1: Winnipeg trades for prospects.
Public Opinion: See. No one wants to be in Sh**hole Winnipeg.

Option 2: They resign in Winnipeg.
PO: What a waste of 8M.

No matter how this shaped out, people will always feel the need to throw in their -2 cents.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
You have to sacrifice short-term to win long-term. Otherwise it's just painful road forever. Never good enough.
How well had that worked out for Edmonton? Buffalo? Toronto?

You can lose short term and still not win long term

As a Jets fan, I just want a team I can watch that has a chance to win game in and game out. A Stanley Cup would be wonderful, but it's not the end-all-be-all. I just love watching good hockey

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
I'm surprised so many are against this deal, Dahlin just got $11M.. this deal looks real nice compared to that atrocity.
Dahlin was 6th in points for d men & 8th in norris votes. His deal starts during his prime at 24.

Schiefele was 53rd in points for forwards, 11th in goals, and his deal starts outside of his prime at 31.

What are you smokin?

Dahlin still living rent free in your head I see

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
How well had that worked out for Edmonton? Buffalo? Toronto?

You can lose short term and still not win long term

As a Jets fan, I just want a team I can watch that has a chance to win game in and game out. A Stanley Cup would be wonderful, but it's not the end-all-be-all. I just love watching good hockey

Edmonton will have their chance now. They've had bad leadership for years and bad culture. Same with Toronto. Toronto is always too much about the short-term than long-term. They will find the first shiny toy to sign if possible, even if it makes no sense for the team. They can't help themselves.

Buffalo is starting to look good. They also had good teams in the past.

Colorado struggled for years with mediocre team before getting it right.

To me, winning is the best thing. Watching shitty team for years is boring and waste of time. The goal is to win.

I rather suffer and build a proper team than be mediocre forever. But there's never guarantee obviously, some rebuilds just FAIL. Such is life.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dahlin was 6th in points for d men & 8th in norris votes. His deal starts during his prime at 24.

Schiefele was 53rd in points for forwards, 11th in goals, and his deal starts outside of his prime at 31.

What are you smokin?

Dahlin still living rent free in your head I see

Winnipeg made the playoffs and Dahlin has yet to in his generational career. When did scoring points be the only thing that mattered in talent evaluation?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Winnipeg made the playoffs and Dahlin has yet to in his generational career. When did scoring points be the only thing that mattered in talent evaluation?
Listen, I get you like Heiskanen, he's awesome. But you really need to stop spewing bullshit over Dahlin if you don't watch him and just want to beat the drum over your favorite player. This one dimensional BS hasn't been true for 2 years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad