Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Nope

Bieksa a complete top 4 defenseman :shakehead he is a bottom pair quality defenseman now. Ducks fans have not been happy his play for the Ducks.

I thought I was going to get roasted for giving too much for him....who do you think he is? Bobby Orr?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I thought I was going to get roasted for giving too much for him....who do you think he is? Bobby Orr?

You should consider breaking down everything you're actually "giving".

Would you consider moving Lindholm for Myers? No? Then the deal doesn't work. Myers is the biggest piece, and you're trying to make up the difference with loose change. Even if it's decent change, it isn't enough, and you can't just keep slapping more coins down. If the biggest piece of the proposal(in this case, Myers) isn't going to entice Anaheim to move Lindholm, the rest of the deal won't either.

This is a pretty good rule of thumb when making a proposal for a high quality player. You need to be able to get their attention with the biggest piece. Myers is not that piece. If Winnipeg were trying to put together a package that did catch Anaheim's attention, I suspect it would start with someone like Ehlers or Scheifele. I'm not saying Anaheim says yes, or even that Winnipeg would make the offer, but that's likely where a deal starts. You need a player who catches their interest in a big way.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

It's not even close to being an enticing offer. Sure let's downgrade to an older, worse dman in order to add an unknown first and a non blue chip prospect. Slapping a bunch of pieces together to stack up value isn't going to get you a 22 year old top pairing dman with elite potential, give your head a shake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad