Proposal: Wpg - det - ana

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Agreed. If for whatever reason we traded Trouba and all we got was Fowler in return would be a huge let down. Zero interest in Fowler as a return for Trouba.

What could go the Jets way via the Wings for it to work with Fowler in your opinion?

mytduxfan*

I'd say the difference is a mid first round pick. Just my 2 cents though, and I'll fully admit that as a Sharks fan, I've watched a lot more Lindholm than I have Trouba (though I've still seen him plenty).

Lindholm >>> Trouba. Trouba isn't even a top pairing guy, whilst Lindholm is one of the best defensive guys in the league. The difference is huge. Trouba is still living off the back of his rookie year. His development has slowed dramatically since, whilst Lindholm has continued to progress. The difference between Lindholm and Trouba is significantly greater then a mid 1st round pick.

Yes, it is... very far off from Winnipeg's perspective.

Trouba is better, younger and under contract control for 4 more years (vs. Fowler for 2).

Not true. Fowler is a top pairing D-man, whilst Trouba is only a top 4. Trouba doesn't even face the best competition for you guys. Trouba may have more value (unless his contract ends up being stupid), but Fowler is most certainly the better player RIGHT NOW.

Totally understand that you don't want to move Trouba. His ceiling is higher then Fowler's for sure.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Lindholm >>> Trouba. Trouba isn't even a top pairing guy, whilst Lindholm is one of the best defensive guys in the league. The difference is huge. Trouba is still living off the back of his rookie year. His development has slowed dramatically since, whilst Lindholm has continued to progress. The difference between Lindholm and Trouba is significantly greater then a mid 1st round pick.

Not true. Fowler is a top pairing D-man, whilst Trouba is only a top 4. Trouba doesn't even face the best competition for you guys. Trouba may have more value (unless his contract ends up being stupid), but Fowler is most certainly the better player RIGHT NOW.

Totally understand that you don't want to move Trouba. His ceiling is higher then Fowler's for sure.

Pretty sure there's quite a bit of bias here. Trouba is a #2. He has improved every year, despite having to play with Stuart, Burmistrov and other offensive black holes. The difference between him and Lindholm is not as big as you think.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

Trouba is easily better than Fowler RIGHT NOW and I expect that will continue to be the case throughout their careers

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Tatar AND Nyquist for Trouba? Yeah, no.

Who's going to be left to score, Miller? :laugh:

mytduxfan*

Pretty sure there's quite a bit of bias here. Trouba is a #2. He has improved every year, despite having to play with Stuart, Burmistrov and other offensive black holes. The difference between him and Lindholm is not as big as you think.

He wasn't a #2 this year, that's for sure. IMO, the difference between Lindholm and Trouba right now is pretty big. Whether or not that gap closes further down the line remains to be seen. Anyway, if you're happy with Trouba, then fine. Personally, I'm not seeing the development everyone expected. It may just be one bad year, but Lindholm has excelled as his minutes and the level of competition has increased. I can't say the same about Trouba.

Trouba is easily better than Fowler RIGHT NOW and I expect that will continue to be the case throughout their careers

He's not. Trouba was straight up bad this passed season. Trouba's ceiling and value may be higher, but Fowler is the better player as of today.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He wasn't a #2 this year, that's for sure. IMO, the difference between Lindholm and Trouba right now is pretty big. Whether or not that gap closes further down the line remains to be seen. Anyway, if you're happy with Trouba, then fine. Personally, I'm not seeing the development everyone expected. It may just be one bad year, but Lindholm has excelled as his minutes and the level of competition has increased. I can't say the same about Trouba.

He's not. Trouba was straight up bad this passed season. Trouba's ceiling and value may be higher, but Fowler is the better player as of today.

Nonsense. Trouba is better than Fowler now, and much more valuable for the future.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba

ANA:

Nyquist
Tatar
Petan

Definitely could use some minor tweaks for balancing, but I believe every team deals from a position of strength to aid a position of weakness. What's your take HF?

Nope.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba

ANA:

Nyquist
Tatar
Petan

Definitely could use some minor tweaks for balancing, but I believe every team deals from a position of strength to aid a position of weakness. What's your take HF?
Doesn't work budget wise for Anaheim, Nyquist and Tatar together make a combined $7.5 million seriously doubt that this works budget wise for them. Besides i seriously doubt that adding Nyquist+Tatar+Petan is enough enticement to part with Lindholm. Pretty sure that this is a big fat no from Anaheim and i couldn't blame them.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Trouba

Tatar AND Nyquist for Trouba? Yeah, no.

Who's going to be left to score, Miller? :laugh:

I'm totally with moving both Nyquist and Tatar in either the same deal or 2 separate deals. I'm very confident that Mantha and AA will be good for 40+ goals this year between the two of them, if them if given top 9 minutes. I happen to think that both Mantha and AA are more talented than Nyquist and Tatar(imho). Frees up cap space as well.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba

ANA:

Nyquist
Tatar
Petan

Yet another trade proposal where the Jets make out like bandits. No. Look at what you've given Anaheim and then look at what they start with... not a ****ing chance they'd do this or their GM would be assassinated by fans :laugh: Detroit gets a decent steal out of this too.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I suspect you're just stat watching on Fowler though.

I suspect you're just stat watching on Trouba though. And by suspect, I mean 100% you were or you wouldn't say such a ridiculous thing :biglaugh:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
No it isn't, Hate to burst your bubble but Larkin right now has more value then Trouba. No way Detroit does this deal. In a Larkin for Trouba swap Winnipeg would at least have a small add. Detroit easily declines this.

Winnipeg isn't seeking to trade for any Detroit forwards; Detroit is the one seeking to initiate a trade under this scenario. The poster is telling you the over-payment it would take to free up Trouba in trade. Winnipeg would need to be prompted to trade Trouba. No collection of picks, prospects, or lesser-D get it done; that doesn't replace Trouba's value to the Jets roster today.

Want to gut Winnipeg's roster? Gut your own in return.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba

ANA:

Nyquist
Tatar
Petan

FAIL. If ANA was going to trade a stud like Lindholm they would not move him for a bunch of smaller pieces. Only in a great Jet dream could they move Trouba/Petan and end up with Lindholm. Last and most important ANA WILL NOT MOVE Lindholm. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

mytduxfan*

Yet another trade proposal where the Jets make out like bandits. No. Look at what you've given Anaheim and then look at what they start with... not a ****ing chance they'd do this or their GM would be assassinated by fans :laugh: Detroit gets a decent steal out of this too.

I suspect you're just stat watching on Trouba though. And by suspect, I mean 100% you were or you wouldn't say such a ridiculous thing :biglaugh:

I'm not, but you keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. Trouba was awful this passed season and you know it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad