Proposal: Wpg - det - ana

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba

ANA:

Nyquist
Tatar
Petan

Definitely could use some minor tweaks for balancing, but I believe every team deals from a position of strength to aid a position of weakness. What's your take HF?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Anaheim says no. Emphatically. Vulgarly. Violently.

They are giving up the best player in this entire deal, and they are getting quantity in return.

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre

They are giving up the best player in this entire deal, and they are getting quantity in return.

I feel you. Unfortunately one team will always give up a better player, but let's try anyway. This proposal Detroit fans are more likely to be soured by.

WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba
Petan

ANA:

Larkin

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
I feel you. Unfortunately one team will always give up a better player, but let's try anyway. This proposal Detroit fans are more likely to be soured by.

WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba
Petan

ANA:

Larkin

Lindholm is worth significantly more than Larkin..

And the difference between Lindholm and Trouba is not a B prospect.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba
Petan

ANA:

Larkin

I dig Larkin, but I wouldn't be moving Lindholm for him. Not a chance.

The issue here isn't that one team will always get the better player. It's that we're moving Lindholm to begin with. The question I'd ask is why? I'd move every defenseman we currently have, including every D prospect, before I'd move Lindholm.

If the whole idea is to add forward talent, moving Lindholm isn't necessary. The Ducks have a lot of assets at their disposal.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Trouba and Petan is about as far as most of the Jets fans seem to be willing to go in a Lindholm trade. (or, any forward prospect expect Ehlers/Laine/Connor) I'd do the deal, but I don't think Lindholm moves at all.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Replace Fowler with Lindholm and it's a lot more fair and realistic

Ehhh, then Anaheim is getting too much. You'd have to take one of Nyquist/Tatar out for that to be fair.

No way Fowler is worth Nyquist + Tatar + Petan.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Personally I would have zero interest in the Jets taking Trouba to get Fowler. Pass

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax

WPG:

Lindholm

DET:

Trouba

ANA:

Larkin
Petan

More like it.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
More like it.
No it isn't.

Ducks have other players they can move and moving their highest potential D-man is certainly no-go.

Fowler or Despres could be traded, and should be traded before even considering other defensemen in the line-up (not counting Bieksa or Stoner). Lindholm is probably last in the line.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
No it isn't.

Ducks have other players they can move and moving their highest potential D-man is certainly no-go.

Fowler or Despres could be traded, and should be traded before even considering other defensemen in the line-up (not counting Bieksa or Stoner). Lindholm is probably last in the line.

In terms of value, yes. In terms of likelihood of happening, no.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
What do you believe the difference between Lindholm and Trouba to be? Agree there needs to be a +, but how big?

From their perspective, way more than us Jets fans would want to fork over.

Their ask is likely Connor and that's a no go from our perspective.

Oct 18, 2011
ducks get robbed, classic quality for quantity deal(it's not that the players they are getting don't hold value) basically ducks get some 2nd line type players for a no.1 dman, doesn't work for me.

Ducksgo*

Exactly this. If Lindholm would be traded I want a very very better return

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
What do you believe the difference between Lindholm and Trouba to be? Agree there needs to be a +, but how big?

I'd say the difference is a mid first round pick. Just my 2 cents though, and I'll fully admit that as a Sharks fan, I've watched a lot more Lindholm than I have Trouba (though I've still seen him plenty).

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Yes, it is... very far off from Winnipeg's perspective.

Trouba is better, younger and under contract control for 4 more years (vs. Fowler for 2).

Agreed. If for whatever reason we traded Trouba and all we got was Fowler in return would be a huge let down. Zero interest in Fowler as a return for Trouba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad