Proposal: Wpg-ari-cbj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
^ding ding ding^

That is the correct answer. Werenski will probably be great, but he wouldn't fill the hole that trading Trouba would leave in the Jets roster today. The Jets aren't seeking to take a step back.

They probably will by the trade deadline. There's a very high chance that they finish dead last in the central again

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Dude. Werenski has a ridiculously high ceiling and had no problems with adjusting to the AHL to be Lake Erie's #1 D and PP QB in the post season. I would almost trade Trouba for him straight up.

And the second that he looks bad in the NHL, his value will be less than Trouba's....

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
If you want a perfect example of a huge draft+1 year not immediately developing into a stud #1 Dman than look no further than Jacob Trouba himself. Even played on the same team as Werenski!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If you want a perfect example of a huge draft+1 year not immediately developing into a stud #1 Dman than look no further than Jacob Trouba himself. Even played on the same team as Werenski!
I feel like the hype for Werenski is getting a bit out of hand. But... the last thing Columbus needs is another Overhardt headcase. That's one of the main reasons we traded our #1 center. No thank you.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Zach Werenski was an absolute beast last year for Michigan NCAA and Cleveland AHL

If I'm Winnipegs GM I take Werenski in a heart beat over Trouba + Werenski is still on an ELC for the next 3 seasons where Trouba is looking for a big pay day right now for the next 6-7 seasons.

I'd rather take the cheaper defensemen with the higher upside any day.
The deal may not pay off in the 1st year for Winnipeg but it could potentially pay off for the next 10-15 years down the road, that's just my opinion as I am not a fan of Winnipeg so I can't speak for them.

A Werenski-Byfuglien pairing would be sick though.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Zach Werenski was an absolute beast last year for Michigan NCAA and Cleveland AHL

If I'm Winnipegs GM I take Werenski in a heart beat over Trouba + Werenski is still on an ELC for the next 3 seasons where Trouba is looking for a big pay day right now for the next 6-7 seasons.

The deal may not pay off in the 1st year for Winnipeg but it could potentially pay off for the next 10-15 years down the road, that's just my opinion as I am not a fan of Winnipeg so I can't speak for them.

Yah, Werenski would really help out the Moose right now.....

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137

Yeah but try getting the thought of a Werenski-Jones pairing out of CBJ fans heads. Way to good to break up.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I prefer Dubois and his upside to Strome's because of his superior skating ability. If we hadn't drafted Dubois this summer, I would think about it (similarly to how a Werenski for Reinhart/Bennet/Nylander swap was proposed), but now I don't see any reason to consider it. Dubois should be ready by next season, and our backend will be rock solid, too, if all goes well. I just don't see how we could justify having Brandon Dubinsky be our 4th line center in 2 years (Dubois-Strome-Wennberg-Dubinsky?)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I can see why Jets fans wouldn't do it - Werenski sets the clock back a bit for a team that could potentially be back in the playoffs soon.

I'm not huge on Strome, but I also don't know enough.

Doesn't make any sence for Winnipeg doing it. They lose a young proven defencemen, for someone with no NHL experience. Also, Why would Airzona do this. Strome was a top 3 pick, he has a way higher ceiling than Trouba or Werenski.

I don't think you can infer this just from draft position. Werenski was drafted at #8 as a boom-bust type of player, and he's pretty much eliminated the weaknesses in his game that made people think potential bust. His upside is as high as it gets for teenage D men.

Yah, Werenski would really help out the Moose right now.....

Werenski will be an NHLer, he likely never sees the AHL again.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd think about Werenski pretty hard as a Jets fan but in the end would reluctantly pass because it seems rhd like Trouba are worth more. Werenski will be very good and soon but at this point I'd rather just keep our own 22 yr old top 4 RHD

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
He's more proven than strome and Werenski tho and is also RHD which seems to be quite valuable

yeah but thats only because of age at this point. with what he has proven, he has also given up controlled years, and is an rfa at this point. it is extremely likely that both strome and werenski equal or close to what trouba has accomplished by the time they are his age.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
yeah but thats only because of age at this point. with what he has proven, he has also given up controlled years, and is an rfa at this point. it is extremely likely that both strome and werenski equal or close to what trouba has accomplished by the time they are his age.

I'm normally the one going on about how valuable those years are, but realistically, very few D are any good between age 18-21 anyways. Getting a guy at 22 who's already a proven top 3 D (likely to be an established top pair d soon) is ideal.

Though I'd bet that Werenski will, as you bet, be better at 22. If I'm the Jets GM it's worrying about the next couple years that keeps me from doing this deal.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Take Arizona out of the discussion. There's absolutely no interest in moving Strome for a dman. Without him it leaves Dvorak as the #1 C of the future, and I don't think there's many people who would predict that he's going to develop into that. The only way Strome is traded is if it's for a C who is likely to be better or already is a 1C, and I don't think any trade like that is anywhere to be made.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Take Arizona out of the discussion. There's absolutely no interest in moving Strome for a dman. Without him it leaves Dvorak as the #1 C of the future, and I don't think there's many people who would predict that he's going to develop into that. The only way Strome is traded is if it's for a C who is likely to be better or already is a 1C, and I don't think any trade like that is anywhere to be made.

Take Columbus out as well. There is NO reason for us to trade any of our good, young defensemen.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hilariously, after this trade the Coyotes would have almost as many defensemen as forwards.

OEL-Trouba
Goligoski-Murphy
Connauton-Stone
Dahlbeck-Michalek
Tinordi-Schenn

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Fair value IMO

But I see Yotes saying no since they have pretty good depth at D and Strome is their first potential #1 C since Roenick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad