Value of: Would Stars trade Roope Hintz for anyone, except for that one Oiler?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
6 foot 3 / 220 lbs elite/franchise center at his prime

2 almost 40 goal seasons in a row, i think we will see a 100 point season
from him next season.

Big, strong, great skater, great shot, good playmaking/hockey IQ
Plays both PP and PK. - the 1st line center of the Dallas Stars

Signed through 2030-31, with a discount cap hit 8 000 000 (starting 23-24)

What do you see his value? and would Stars be trading him for anyone atm?

Reactions: Coffees

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
$8M is a discount? Wow...

I am sure there is more than just McDavid that would pique Dallas' interest but at the moment he is likely worth more to them especially with the age of guys like Pavelski and even Seguin is now 31 and has not produced well in a few years.

Reactions: Sticktape

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Sincerely doubt it, because Dallas doesn’t really have a need that moving Hintz would fix. All they really need this offseason is a top 4 RHD, and they might have that in Lundkvist anyway. They’re as well set up for the future as I can remember.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Hintz is the more complete player does everything at an elite level.

Will be top 5 centers in the league when Kopitar/Bergeron/Crosby call it a career.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
As noted above, the thing is Dallas has no major needs. They've got a young #1 goalie. They've got a young #1D. They've got a young 100+ point winger. They are already integrating young players at every position and have a great bunch of prospects coming. There is simply no reason to trade away their young #1C when they already have everything else.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Let's just say there isn't a lot of players Dallas would want to trade Roope Hintz for. He's great for them and the fans seem to like him a lot.

The arena was rocking last night.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
If we are not taking contracts into consideration. Teams Dallas would trade Hintz for:

McDrai
MacKinnon
Matthews
Hughes
Barkov
Kucherov
Pettersson

Probably a few more too
Naw, chemisty has to come into play here. While these 3 may be better players the way Hintz plays with Pavs and Robertson is far too valuable.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hintz is the more complete player does everything at an elite level.

Will be top 5 centers in the league when Kopitar/Bergeron/Crosby call it a career.

& there’s constantly coming up new franchise C’s as well.

I could see Hintz settle is around top10

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Draisaitl... but I think Edmonton obviously says no.

That aside, great player.
Doubt they would pull the thrigger on Draisaitl? Hintz for 8yrs or Drai for 2yrs. Theres no contest there. Sure - if both had the same contract...

Draisaitl UFA 2025 - 2 yrs under contract. Will get 12-13M minimum on his next one and will probably get a bidding war starting

Hintz UFA 2031 @ 8.45M/yr

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Stutzle and J.Hughes come to mind as easy yeses IMO
Doubt it. Hintz has been PPG for 3yrs now and gets better every year. He is big, fast, good at the dot and play every situation.Signed for max yrs too at 8.45M until 2031

If we are not taking contracts into consideration. Teams Dallas would trade Hintz for:

McDrai
1st oa (Bedard)
MacKinnon
Matthews
Hughes
Kaprizov
Barkov
Kucherov
Pettersson

Probably a few more too
What GM doesnt take contracts and salarycap into consideration?

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Wonder how his offensive game ages with it being built around speed, but he’s gonna be regarded as top 10 sooner than later.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Value wise Stuetzle would be closest. Both signed until 2031 and on similar contracts. The trade wouldnt be done though, because no GM would take a chance on chemistry, when both players seen to suit their teams.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Doubt it. Hintz has been PPG for 3yrs now and gets better every year. He is big, fast, good at the dot and play every situation.Signed for max yrs too at 8.45M until 2031

What GM doesnt take contracts and salarycap into consideration?
Was just looking at player comparisons.

But if you want to go money route, Hughes, McDavid, and MacKinnon I guess.

If Draisaitl was available in the summer for a trade, wanted to sign with Dallas for 13 million/year, and Hintz was going to Edmonton, it would be possible IF it meant not losing at least two or three other core pieces. Or if they can afford him. I don't know Stars cap situation.

Last edited:

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Doubt they would pull the thrigger on Draisaitl? Hintz for 8yrs or Drai for 2yrs. Theres no contest there. Sure - if both had the same contract...

Draisaitl UFA 2025 - 2 yrs under contract. Will get 12-13M minimum on his next one and will probably get a bidding war starting

Hintz UFA 2031 @ 8.45M/yr
Good point.

Reactions: Hearsay

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This GM who was just looking at player comparisons.

But if you want to go money route, Hughes, McDrai, and MacKinnon I guess.
Stuetzle, Hughes and MacKinnon I´d say would be options. Draisaitl has 2yrs left so he is a no-go. McDavid maybe for marketing-reasons. He also has too little yrs left until he goes to Toronto.... He will get 15M+ on his next contract and that would screw Dallas cap over.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Nah not at all. He's a Selke level 1C with elite speed, hands, shot, and IQ. Stutzle and Hughes don't come close to Roope defensively.
Hintz and Stützle had same amount of short handed goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad