Value of: Would Any Team Take Huberdeau @ 5.25M Per Season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Calgary is facing paying the full freight of Huberdeau's Franchise-crushing Mega contract for years to come.

Would any team take Huberdeau's contract @ 50% retained or would the Flames still have to add a sweetener?

What would it take to move him besides a miracle?

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
14 games, 7 points and a minus 13 @ 10.5M

I suppose the downside at 5.25M would be that Huberdeau is already done like Loui Eriksson, when the Vancouver signed him to 6x6M.

On the plus side maybe Huberdeau can rebound in the right situation.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I would think Florida would take him back at that cap hit

I doubt it. He's a bad fit for the direction the team is going. I think Florida's more likely to try to move Aaron Ekblad to be able to retain Sam Reinhart more than looking to add Huberdeau back into the mix.

Reactions: Mase

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yes a team would take him

Would the Flamds retain and pay 40 million dollars?
Would essentially be a scar on the salary cap even after a rebuild. So I am leaning towards no unless the price Is really good.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
14 games, 7 points and a minus 13 @ 10.5M

I suppose the downside at 5.25M would be that Huberdeau is already done like Loui Eriksson, when the Vancouver signed him to 6x6M.

On the plus side maybe Huberdeau can rebound in the right situation.
Huberdeau's woes are more system related verses his skill dropping off the table. That's why you're seeing -13.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Calgary is facing paying the full freight of Huberdeau's Franchise-crushing Mega contract for years to come.

Would any team take Huberdeau's contract @ 50% retained or would the Flames still have to add a sweetener?

What would it take to move him besides a miracle?

No team has retained more than like 15% of the cap hit for that many years (like 5 years or more).
If it's like 2 years or less, they would go upwards of 50%.

Luongo, Canucks ate $800K of his $5.33 mil cap hit.
Kessel, Leafs ate $1.2 mill of his $8 mill cap hit
OEL, Coyotes ate $1.125 mill of his $8.25 mill cap hit.
Karlsson, Sharks eating $1.5 mill of his $11.5 mill cap hit.

Burns, SJ did like 1/3 since it was for 3 years.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Flames ownership has never seemed to be very keen on retaining, so I think that’s a nonstarter.

I’d wager teams start getting interested around the 8 mil mark though, the guy wasn’t one hit wonder, he’s still got the talent.

Reactions: Figgy44

Dulind

A unique encounter, with an emphasis on safety
Aug 12, 2021
GB
Huberdeau in a better climate? Like weather, coaching, and system?

Sure. In a heartbeat.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
When the cap goes up he can probably be dealt if the Flames retain a bit.

They gotta try him with Backlund. He was very productive when they did play together. He needs a guy who can get the puck through the neutral zone like Backlund.

That said he’s looked quite dangerous in the 2 games following his benching. Should have had 3 or 4 points easily.

Reactions: Figgy44

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
8mil on the leafs to replace Nylander is the max I’d take
No thanks pay Willy the 9-10 million. For an extra 1 or 2 million who would you rather have? Hub is better than he's been showing but Willy is on another level. Question is does he keep it up or even close to how he's playing or is this play because he's in his final year? regardless Willy can take over a game Hubs can't so I would keep Nylander.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Huberdeau is 30 years old and his contract goes for 8 years.

If the Flames want to move him, it may be better to try to off-load his contract now rather than waiting while Huberdeau tries to defeat Father Time.

Anyway, most teams have an anchor contract or two; though this is a humongous one that currently sits at 12.6% of the Flames cap.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Huberdeau is 30 years old and his contract goes for 8 years.

If the Flames want to move him, it may be better to try to off-load his contract now rather than waiting while Huberdeau tries to defeat Father Time.

Anyway, most teams have an anchor contract or two; though this is a humongous one that currently sits at 12.6% of the Flames cap.
Who cares. Flames are about to enter a rebuild. Cap doesn't really matter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad