Post-Game Talk: Worst team wins? Or loses? Habs lose 2nd straight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Truth is in the middle. I think we fall in the 0.400 - .500 winning % range in the end. You are hoping it slips to .350 and have cherry picked the 7 games as good timing. However, it's going to be a rollercoaster ride

According to the schedule narrative, we should have won last night. But that was a back/back game where the Ducks were playing after loosing 7-0 to the Leafs and 3-0 to the Sens.

Does your tough schedule factor in other circumstances for other teams who have back/back games, possible injuries, and bad or good momentum/confidence?

I agree we slip. We may not agree how much we slip though

Another factor is that we're one injury away from hitting bottom.

One of CC, Dach, Suz, X, Ghule, Allen or Monty goes down and we're hitting bottom.

There's no way to go but down.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Another factor is that we're one injury away from hitting bottom.

One of CC, Dach, Suz, X, Ghule, Allen or Monty goes down and we're hitting bottom.

There's no way to go but down.

Hitting bottom like we catch the Ducks? I doubt that. So yeah, we agree we slip but how much we slip is different.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Hitting bottom like we catch the Ducks? I doubt that. So yeah, we agree we slip but how much we slip is different.

Bottom 5 is the bottom, no?

Why do you automatically conclude the extremist conclusion for me to reduce the logic?

We're highly likely bottom 7 in just a few weeks. The step to bottom 5 will be thinner.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bottom 5 is the bottom, no?

Why do you automatically conclude the extremist conclusion for me to reduce the logic?

We're highly likely bottom 7 in just a few weeks. The step to bottom 5 will be thinner.

It was not a conclude the extreme. It was a question and it reinforces where we are not in agreement. We agree we slip but we don't agree how much we slip.

Ducks or bottom 5. Meh, I'm not going to debate semantics but I think our pick is 5-10 range or 8-12. I have seen nothing to change that opinion. You are waiting for it and it's like a gravitational force for you cause you want it to happen. I hope your right

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Looks like I missed out on a scorcher of a game. The habs are falling back to earth without Monahan and who would have predicted such a thing when we got him for free from Calgary? Armia and Evans still without a goal with 49 games played between them, that's as bad as it gets. Beck could be here now and be much better than Evans, that's how bad he is.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
1A4680F3-C31D-47E6-B56E-F227F7AEF06E.png

Eyes on the prize

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Man, some of you just like to be angry.

Team's rebuilding, just had two losses against teams they're chasing for a top pick and young guys play well, and people are fixating on a PP with limited personnel, losing and Slaf getting benched for a single period in a larger sample of him getting more responsibility and playing well.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Looks like I missed out on a scorcher of a game. The habs are falling back to earth without Monahan and who would have predicted such a thing when we got him for free from Calgary? Armia and Evans still without a goal with 49 games played between them, that's as bad as it gets. Beck could be here now and be much better than Evans, that's how bad he is.
Both Dvorak and Evans have regressed compared to their last two seasons in term of production (and they were producing under MSL last year).

That either means they are getting used defensively way too much or played against way too good oppositions. Or that they just sucks now for some reasons.

In a way, it feels like the team reverted to playing à-la Ducharme and not like how they were playing under MSL after he became coach last year. There is still a lots of mental issues in that locker room...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Team's rebuilding, just had two losses against teams they're chasing for a top pick and young guys play well, and people are fixating on a PP with limited personnel, losing and Slaf getting benched for a single period in a larger sample of him getting more responsibility and playing well.
Good points, but you have to admit, what MSL is doing at times, is very frustrating............5 forwards on a PP with a Guhlie or Jackeye on the bench..........using Drouin as last man back with an empty net and so on.......
Losing is one thing..............but the Ducks only had ONE regualtion win in almost 30 games....

Fans gets frustrated with good reason at times....all that said, MSL has marching orders of sorts, to get something for duds like Drouin, Dadonov, Armia etc and as many have mentioned a turd is a turd......

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Both Dvorak and Evans have regressed compared to their last two seasons in term of production (and they were producing under MSL last year).

That either means they are getting used defensively way too much or played against way too good oppositions. Or that they just sucks now for some reasons.

In a way, it feels like the team reverted to playing à-la Ducharme and not like how they were playing under MSL after he became coach last year. There is still a lots of mental issues in that locker room...
It does look like Ducharme team now, doesn't it? Beginning of the season they were fun to watch. Now, at best, I can barely stay awake. I know OldCraig has fallen asleep on multiple occasions over the past few weeks.

Good points, but you have to admit, what MSL is doing at times, is very frustrating............5 forwards on a PP with a Guhlie or Jackeye on the bench..........using Drouin as last man back with an empty net and so on.......
Losing is one thing..............but the Ducks only had ONE regualtion win in almost 30 games....

Fans gets frustrated with good reason at times....all that said, MSL has marching orders of sorts, to get something for duds like Drouin, Dadonov, Armia etc and as many have mentioned a turd is a turd......
But can we not agree that the more they showcase these dead wood vets, the less likely anyone will want them? It really is counter productive.

Reactions: hvac412 and BLONG7

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
When Anaheim get Bedard

How long until Zegras convinces Caufield to convince his agent to scrap any 8 yr deals and get a contract that lasts til first chance UFA and then he bolts to Cali with the Boyz lol?

Sorry for the nightmare scenario fantasy lol

• Wow
Reactions: Naslundforever

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
If Habs indeed manage to get rid of anyone of these useless vets whose contract is not up after this season, they should totally re-sign moneyhands. Unless they are thinking another 1st overall pick in 2024. And especially if moneyhands is injured and cannot fetch much in return anyway.

Bubble wrap him, get him lots of massage sessions and save him for the 1st round pick in 2024.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Dwelling on the highs/lows of the rollercoaster ride is something some fans can't avoid.

Reactions: SlafySZN

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
When Anaheim get Bedard

How long until Zegras convinces Caufield to convince his agent to scrap any 8 yr deals and get a contract that lasts til first chance UFA and then he bolts to Cali with the Boyz lol?

Sorry for the nightmare scenario fantasy lol
Hah... I read somewhere (RDS I think) that negos are in progress. Habs better get Caufield signed and soon.

But can you imagine... Zegras, Bedard, Caufield + McTavish and to some extent Comptois. That isn't too shabby. All they need is Drouin and boom! They got themselves a championship team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Ducks came in to Montreal after two shutout losses to the Leafs and Sens. Habs were playing back/back. I expected the Habs to show more but I also expected the Ducks to show up with their best energy which they did. Trying to play prediction on wins/losses due to "tough schedule" is flawed. Very difficult to nail down in season momentum for both the Habs and the teams we play at any given point

* Drouin should be on the 2nd unit at the point. Not he 1st unit.
* Armia is basically a bottom 6F who lacks confidence at the moment. Same applies with Evans
* Dadonov is the strange one MSL has shown loyalty. Why is Dadonov getting more oppertunity vs Pitlick? I don't really care cause it don't really matter but that part is strange.

Playing them so we can showcase them to get futures in a trade? I don't believe this is true with Drouin or Dadonov. But it is with Eddy, Monahan, and also Hoffman to some degree.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Ducks came in to Montreal after two shutout losses to the Leafs and Sens. Habs were playing back/back. I expected the Habs to show more but I also expected the Ducks to show up with their best energy which they did. Trying to play prediction on wins/losses due to "tough schedule" is flawed. Very difficult to nail down in season momentum for both the Habs and the teams we play at any given point

* Drouin should be on the 2nd unit at the point. Not he 1st unit.
* Armia is basically a bottom 6F who lacks confidence at the moment. Same applies with Evans
* Dadonov is the strange one MSL has shown loyalty. Why is Dadonov getting more oppertunity vs Pitlick? I don't really care cause it don't really matter but that part is strange.

Playing them so we can showcase them to get futures in a trade? I don't believe this is true with Drouin or Dadonov. But it is with Eddy, Monahan, and also Hoffman to some degree.

....I can't believe how some could remotely still think that Drouin should be pencilled at the blueline in any circumstances after that game. I'd rather play David Savard or Jonathan Kovacevic in that position on the powerplay and I'm not even joking.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
....I can't believe how some could remotely still think that Drouin should be pencilled at the blueline in any circumstances after that game. I'd rather play David Savard or Jonathan Kovacevic there and I'm not even joking.

I think he is OK to play 2nd PP unit. I don't agree you get better value with Savard or Kova in that same spot. Sorry but that is exaggeration on how much you dislike Drouin

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I think he is OK to play 2nd PP unit. I don't agree you get better value with Savard or Kova in that same spot. Sorry but that is exaggeration on how much you dislike Drouin
This reads like a copy+paste of a pre-written reply.

Drouin :
- Created nothing from the blueline during man advantage
- Cost two goals and a few loss of positions
- Contributed to a powerplay goal during man advantage WHILE PLAYING FORWARD and generally played a good game while on F (shouldn't have scratched Slaf for him, that's another story though)

I mean play him on the 2nd wave. Or even the 1st. But at the half-wall. Not at the blueline.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
... Drouin provides negative value at hte blueline.

Key word : BLUELINE. Geez. Watch another sport if you can't understand the nuance.

I see exaggeration and now you are offended that I defended your Drouin sucks exaggeration. I'll agree more with MSL than you thank you very much. So you can take your nuance narrative somewhere else.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I see exaggeration and now you are offended that I defended your Drouin sucks exaggeration. I'll agree more with MSL than you thank you very much. So you can take your nuance narrative somewhere else.

Bless your heart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad