Post-Game Talk: World Junior Championships 2020 in the Czech Republic: Canada Wins 2020 Gold

Who are your three podium teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
I think I've seen Veleno out there once all period. Is he on the power play even?

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I think I've seen Veleno out there once all period. Is he on the power play even?

He’s been out there a lot. He and Lafreniere exchanged some nice plays but I haven’t noticed their linemate much. Joe is on the PP tho he wasn’t noticeable in his one shift there.

Two penalties (one by McIsaac) were the difference in the 1st

Northwing19

Apr 9, 2018
MacIsaac is so smart with the puck, he keeps making these quick passes through pressure to the open man which leads to east breakouts. With how bad the defense is he can battle for a spot next year.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
MacIsaac is so smart with the puck, he keeps making these quick passes through pressure to the open man which leads to east breakouts. With how bad the defense is he can battle for a spot next year.

Yeah, he might not have the highest ceiling in the world, but I think he's a lot like Veleno. Almost surely a solid, solid NHLer, but less likely to be a top flight guy.
He reminds me of a smaller, lefthanded Seider.
If Cholo can get his game together, I can see a top four of...
McIsaac-Hronek
Cholo-Seider
you can make one the first or second pairing, doesn't matter.
Maybe we lack a true top pairing, but I think it's a potentially very solid top 4.
But Cholo MUST develop.

Reactions: Northwing19

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Valeno looks good has had a lot of good chances as well as created them. Him and laf seem to have good chem. Please let that be a combo for the next 15+ years

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Canada definitely looks better than the States right now, a couple PP goals is the only thing keeping the States alive. Been all Canada the rest of the game.

Veleno has had some chances but man Lafreniere is really good. Hard to believe hes draft eligible when youre watching him play one of the best teams in the tournament and looking as good as he does. Looks like McIsaac and Smith are being matched against Caufield who has been really quiet so far through 2 periods

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Canada definitely looks better than the States right now, a couple PP goals is the only thing keeping the States alive. Been all Canada the rest of the game.

Veleno has had some chances but man Lafreniere is really good. Hard to believe hes draft eligible when youre watching him play one of the best teams in the tournament and looking as good as he does

Only 2 periods, but Lafreniere is at a different level than Byfield. It probably helps that he has experience in tournament.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Veleno forced the turnover for the eng it looked like. Nice to see a defensive play this year.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Veleno is a stud. Almost every decision he makes is spot on. Amazing in the face off circle, throws his body around. Set up quite a few tonight. Excellent zone entries. Don’t know how anyone can’t like him... would be kind of neat to see veleno play aside Lafreniere with a winged wheel on their jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad