GWT: World Cup - Group E (Spain and Japan Advance)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Advances?

• Germany

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • Spain

Votes: 59 95.2%
  • Japan

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Costa Rica

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The offsides rule is going to determine the winner of the World Cup. Not skill. Not tactic. Not coaching. Not anything else. The matches will all be decided by the offsides rule and who can set the highest line of defense. Yippee!! What an exciting set up! What an amazing way to play a sport. So entertaining.

Have fun watching your 0-0 draws, VARs, and your video reviews. Gonna be a blast.

Every offsides I’ve seen besides the second one on Lauturo was obvious

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
For real. It's been just 50 minutes and we've already conceded soo many goals. We're just not on the level of the favorites like England, Argentina, & France :sarcasm:

Not Argentina but without question Germany is nowhere near the same level as those other 2 you mentioned. Not close. If you gave me a choice of selecting 10 players combined from the 3 nations(France, England, and Germany) all 10 would be English or French.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Cool for you to be overconfident.
Hopefully your players are just as much.

I'm just teasing. Our D isn't as good as it was in the mid 2010s, but it's not substantially worse than any of the other top teams' outside of Rudi's brainfarts...and even with all of your defenders you conceded to the aussies and almost caught a 2nd early; so it's not like any team has a truly impenetrable defense at this tourney.

Not Argentina but without question Germany is nowhere near the same level as those other 2 you mentioned. Not close. If you gave me a choice of selecting 10 players combined from the 3 nations(France, England, and Germany) all 10 would be English or French.

:laugh: You are adorable

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
lol Germany gonna do this all day. Same old Germany. Chance after chance after chance and not enough talent to score. Add in the offsides rule and they’re never gonna put up more than 1 in any match.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I'm just teasing. Our D isn't as good as it was in the mid 2010s, but it's not substantially worse than any of the other top teams' outside of Rudi's brainfarts...and even with all of your defenders you conceded to the aussies and almost caught a 2nd early; so it's not like any team has a truly impenetrable defense at this tourney.

France and England both are MUCH better defensively than Germany. Like it’s really not close at all.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Not sure if you logged in yesterday but I fully criticized our D.
Especially our Buli defenseman who leaks a goal per game in real games :sarcasm:

Reactions: Summer Rose

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
For a team that has been criticized for getting too fancy and over-passing as much as we have been over the past decade, I'm not sure that's a bad sign.

Whether it’s overpassing or being too selfish the end result is the same: they don’t put the ball in the back of the net.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Japan equalizer is inevitable. Germany dominate forever, get goals called back for offsides, hit posts, should be up 5 or 6 to nill. And instead it’s gonna be 1-1. C’mon Germany fans don’t lie. You know it’s true. You can feel it coming. Don’t deny it.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Japan equalizer is inevitable. Germany dominate forever, get goals called back for offsides, hit posts, should be up 5 or 6 to nill. And instead it’s gonna be 1-1. C’mon Germany fans don’t lie. You know it’s true. You can feel it coming. Don’t deny it.

Holy shit you’re annoying. Didn’t you say you weren’t watching because it’s too boring?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad