GWT: World Cup - Group E (Spain and Japan Advance)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Advances?

• Germany

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • Spain

Votes: 59 95.2%
  • Japan

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Costa Rica

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Listening to this Austrian commentator talk about how Süle 'casts a shadow when he stands next to you' was hilarious :laugh:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
World football has been completely tarnished and ruined by the offsides rule. It’s so bad. It’s beyond words. Who in the living hell wants to watch this sort of BS? Every match 0-0. Every goal is called back/disallowed. It’s INSANE.

First of all ANY goal that comes off a rebound/deflection should count, regardless of offsides. Offsides shouldn’t matter unless it’s absolutely egregious. And the second there’s an attempt on goal if that ball gets saved/rebounded or deflected to another player and they score it shouldn’t matter who is standing where.

WAY WAY WAY too many goals/scoring chances getting negated by the worst and most boring rule in all sports.

It was already bad enough. But now that they don’t even use the feet and they count any leaning body part it’s become laughable. It’s so unbelievably lame. Who can possibly enjoy this? What a horrible direction this is heading. I’m not watching the remainder of this tournament. Too boring.

• Haha
Reactions: GabeTravels

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’m not watching the remainder of this tournament. Too boring.

well-bye.gif

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The offsides rule is going to determine the winner of the World Cup. Not skill. Not tactic. Not coaching. Not anything else. The matches will all be decided by the offsides rule and who can set the highest line of defense. Yippee!! What an exciting set up! What an amazing way to play a sport. So entertaining.

Have fun watching your 0-0 draws, VARs, and your video reviews. Gonna be a blast.

• Haha
Reactions: GabeTravels

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I've liked Raum, he's best chance was when Gundogan took the shot instead of passing to him wide open ten yards away. Obviously caused the PK, and also set up several crosses. Havertz and Musiala look one half touch away from the score sheet.

Reactions: Summer Rose and cgf

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I've liked Raum, he's best chance was when Gundogan took the shot instead of passing to him wide open ten yards away. Obviously caused the PK, and also set up several crosses. Havertz and Musiala look one half touch away from the score sheet.

They’ll probably combine for 3-4 goals in the match. None of which will actually count.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The offsides rule is going to determine the winner of the World Cup. Not skill. Not tactic. Not coaching. Not anything else. The matches will all be decided by the offsides rule and who can set the highest line of defense. Yippee!! What an exciting set up! What an amazing way to play a sport. So entertaining.

It's cute when nhl fans act like football needs to learn from ice hockey how to be popular.

Have fun watching your 0-0 draws, VARs, and your video reviews. Gonna be a blast.

...haven't been watching the tourney much, have we?

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I'm really glad Raum has continued his NT instead of bringing his club form with him to Qatar. He's been a mess for Leipzig so far and nowhere near as integrated in their attacking play.

Kai & Musiala are buzzing nicely so far. Feels like both still haven't fully gotten out of 1st or 2nd gear, but they are close to brilliance whenever the ball gets near them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For real. It's been just 50 minutes and we've already conceded soo many goals. We're just not on the level of the favorites like England, Argentina, & France :sarcasm:
Cool for you to be overconfident.
Hopefully your players are just as much.

I'll add you didn't whine about me saying they'll score even though they had to be gifted a pen to score.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Agreed, so much possession, so little result.
As expected, Germany will score but that D is scary. For them.

Germany will score? When?

They don’t have nearly as much attacking quality as the elite teams(France/England/Brazil).

Same old Germany. Lots of possession in the midfield. Not enough quality in the final 3rd. Not enough goal scorers. Gnabry is a notorious choker and Musiala will be quick to follow. These guys can dribble and dazzle and hang on to the ball forever. But come time to finish they lack the quality. Been this way for years and it isn’t gonna change any time soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad