World Championships

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Devils at the tournament:
Nico Hischier (Switzerland)
Luke Hughes (USA)
Ryan Graves (Canada)
Dawson Mercer (Canada)
Damon Severson (Canada)
Jonas Siegenthaler (Switzerland)
Tomas Tatar (Slovakia)

2022 Prospects to watch:
David Jiricek (Czech Republic)
Simon Nemec (Slovakia)
Juraj Slafkovsky (Slovakia)

Every team plays 7 games prior to the Quarter finals

Games to watch:

Friday May 13

Slovakia (Nemec, Slafkovsky, Tatar) vs France - 9:20am
USA (L. Hughes) vs Latvia - 9:20am
Canada (Graves, Mercer, Severson) vs Germany - 1:20pm

Saturday May 14

Switzerland (Hischier, Siegenthaler) vs Italy - 9:20am
Czech Republic (Jiricek) vs Britain - 9:20am
Slovakia vs Germany - 1:20pm

Sunday May 15

Canada vs Italy - 5:20am
USA vs Austria - 9:20am
Switzerland vs Denmark - 1:20pm
Czech Republic vs Sweden - 1:20pm

Monday May 16

Slovakia vs Canada- 9:20am
USA vs Finland - 1:20pm

Tuesday May 17

Czech Republic vs Austria - 9:20am
Switzerland vs Kazakhstan - 1:20pm

Wednesday May 18

Switzerland vs Slovakia - 1:20pm

Thursday May 19

USA vs Britain - 9:20am
Canada vs Kazakhstan - 1:20pm
Czech Republic vs Latvia - 1:20pm

Friday May 20

Slovakia vs Kazakhstan - 1:20pm

Saturday May 21

USA vs Sweden - 5:20am
Canada vs Switzerland - 9:20am
Slovakia vs Italy - 1:20pm
Czech Republic vs Norway - 1:20pm

Sunday May 22

Switzerland vs France - 1:20pm

Monday May 23

USA vs Czech Republic - 9:20am
Canada vs Denmark - 1:20pm

Tuesday May 24

Switzerland vs Germany - 5:20am
Slovakia vs Denmark - 9:20am
USA vs Norway - 9:20am
Canada vs France - 1:20pm
Czech Republic vs Finland - 1:20pm

And then Quarter-finals begin on Thursday May 26th

Hold the f***ing phone! Benjamin (our 2020 Round 6 #161 pick) Baumgartner is playing for Austria! Penciled in as their 3rd line center.

He stats in their 3-1 loss to Sweden: zero points -3 6 FO 1 FOW 16.67% FO% 16:20 minutes

Uh. He played tho!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Denis Malgin over Suegs for player of the game. Scam. I want a recount.

Jiricek got stronger as the game went on. Just a shaky start.
He knows he’s playing on his biggest stage for lots of eyes. I’m sure that’s a bit nerve wracking until you get into the flow of the game.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Couldn't really get much of a gauge on Jiricek at all. Had a few bad turnovers and a a bomb of a shot. Can't take much away from this game.
I’ll be more interested in watching him against the better teams. When he’s under more pressure defensively and with the puck. Britain kind of just sat back and didn’t get much ozone pressure

imMagnum

Jan 10, 2017
Notes on the CZE vs. GBR game:

Jiricek:
- For forty minutes, Jiricek was fantastic. I thought he was coached really well this game. The first period, Jiricek (and the rest of the Czechia team) were sloppy. He had two botched plays that resulted in semi-dangerous chances for GBR. His coach only gave him three shifts in the second because of this.

- Once the second started, Jiricek was a beast. In one shift, he blocked a hard shot, stripped a GBR forward of the puck, then made a fantastic tape-to-tape breakout right after. His coach then gave him plenty of shifts in the third where CZE really turned it on.

- Jiricek quarterbacked the second PP unit and did it very well. He fired a massive clap bomb that went through everyone and straight into the net. He made smart, simple passes and didn't force anything.

- Two other notable strengths was his decision making under pressure, as well as his breakout passing. If there was a breakout pass to be made, it was hard and right on the tape. If there wasn't a target, he'd calmly flip the puck out of the zone and get his team a line change. For forty minutes, he was a very steady defenseman with a howitzer of a shot. I'm expecting him to get a lot more ice time vs. Sweden tomorrow.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I watched the first and then stopped. So maybe I shouldn’t be commenting but I wasn’t that impressed in the first and 1 goal in a 5-2 win vs Italy isn’t that impressive on paper.
To me it looked like Switzerland was basically pacing themselves to some extent. We’ve seen enough Hischier to know that when he exerts maximum effort he looks like he is in agony on the bench. I didn’t see any of that today. The game was effectively over early and Switzerland seemed content with just playing some structure and rising out the win. They were not really going for it to my eyes so the results weren’t surprising. I’ll guess that if Hischier and Meier are pushing it they look much better than they did in this game.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Wait did Tatar just dump Seider or was that a different defensemen?

Couldn’t tell but it kind of looked like him.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Nice forecheck by Slaf then next possession creates a one-man zone entry cutting through the neutral zone with ease.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Slafkovsky end to end rush. Fires one over the net. First time he’s really had the puck but has been good on the forecheck so far.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Nice takeaway by Nemec in the NZ, cutting off transition before it can get started.

Slaf got decked trying to fly through center ice again but later does a nice job tying up guys along the boards to win back possession.

Really nice quick backhand passing from Slaf to gain the zone. Nemec takes a crosschecking penalty a few minutes later. German dude sold it well.

Last edited:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I know we're biased but the Stutzle / Hughes comparison is one of the more absurd things I've seen on this board, akin to Eichel / McDavid in terms of silliness. Not even in the same building as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad