GDT: [WJC] Finland vs. Czechia, 2pm EST 11/8/22

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
It's a bit of a shame that Lambert with all his skill and skating keeps making boneheaded low % plays.
That’s what he just is way too much about, and that’s why I dislike him so much as a player. He does have some very good skills with his skating and hands, but unfortunately he ruins it with bad decision making. A pity really.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nope, you just are a person at times clearly prone to agendas, no matter the nationality :)
Why would I have an agenda against Lambert when I've been hoping he'd succeed for so long? I was the one who initially hyped him in Finland, even for first overall. And even well before he played in the national team. I discovered him when he played C2 AAA in Finland.

Like I said, maybe you just have agenda for everything you do so you can't comperehend that some people just give their opinions.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
This is like watching a movie on a repeat, 1st period bad and not awake, 2nd they wake up and improve and usually 3rd is very good period.

I'm even more shocked if the Finns play well right off the bat, i guess they are just tindering with Canadian chicks 5mins before the game start or something.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That quick whistle in the 1st saving Finland's ass here. Should be 3-2.

Coach clearly doesn't like Lambert actually trying to get to the center of the ice. Just cycle the perimeter circle the wagons forever.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Wow, what is Nurmis strengths now again?

Not that impressed by Viro so far either. I see bigger potential in him than his partner Rafkin but he hasn't stood out so far.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Anybody else really disappointed in Niemelä so far?
I have definitely been at least a bit disappointed with him. I was expecting much more, especially for this game. But in general these summer tournaments are a bit BS, as players might have quite different kind of training focuses, which might mean that other players are in much more favorable situations to do well exactly right now, but the ones that have had more focus for the training that support more the whole season, or makes them at best situation towards the end of the season, they might not be at all that impressive in this kind of a tournament. I quite much dislike these summer tournament because of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I have definitely been at least a bit disappointed with him. I was expecting much more, especially for this game. But in general these summer tournaments are a bit BS, as players might have quite different kind of training focuses, which might mean that other players are in much more favorable situations to do well exactly right now, but the ones that habe had more focus for the training that support more the whole season, or makes them at best situation towards the end of the season, they might not be at all that impressive in this kind of a tournament. I quite much dislike these summer tournament because of this.
Not gonna lie, i love to get the opportunity to se this as well but i get your point. There could be a bit more of those "Heavy legs" etc just because many of them are probably trying to set a base for the year, especially the biggest talents.

Reactions: Ippenator

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
good game this the czechs have a chance this year tbh. with other teams not having there a squad i could see them pulling off a qf upset and making a medal game.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
How much is Rätys icetime this game? He looks so gassed and heavy imo.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Koivunen has been utter s*it in this game. I demand a whole lot more from him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kemell reminds me so much of Gurianov. If he's not shooting, it's not pretty

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Only impressive thing with Finland so far? They play really bad but somehow they're still in the game...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad