Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For those who could watch, how were Dvorsky and Jiricek?
Dvorksjy didnt play much, or at least wasnt too noticeable. He had one nice rush. G
He played PP but was used as a triggerman on the right side, took a few nice shots but nothing insane or whatever.

Jiricek had a few problems defensively early on but was very good as the game went on, dominating all sides of the game.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
dvorsky - quite disappointment
jiricek - stand his draft position, very good power d with hard accurate shot

You're seriously overestimating what a 16 year old can do in this tournament.

In the 21st century, the best 16 year old WJC performance belongs to Crosby with 5 points in 6 games. Then McDavid and Barkov with 4 points in 7. No one has scored more than 3 goals in a tournament.

Dvorsky is still eligible to play in the WJC three more times after this one.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
just watching now, Mysak is a monster. How many Lehkonens do we have on our team now?
Slafkovsky is very likely (god I hope so) a lock as a top 6 left-handed winger on the team for the next 10-15 years. Then, we have the possibility of having left-handed Dubois in 2 years playing on the wing for us, especially if we are drafting a center in the 2023 draft. That leaves a few spots for left-handed wingers, which at the moment, will likely be decided between Roy, Mysak, Heineman, Farrell and Tuch.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
You're seriously overestimating what a 16 year old can do in this tournament.

In the 21st century, the best 16 year old WJC performance belongs to Crosby with 5 points in 6 games. Then McDavid and Barkov with 4 points in 7. No one has scored more than 3 goals in a tournament.

Dvorsky is still eligible to play in the WJC three more times after this one.
Bedard had 4 goals and 5 points as a 16 year old in 2 games lmao

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Bedard had 4 goals and 5 points as a 16 year old in 2 games lmao
Not sure if Bedard's a fair comparison for any young player. Also four of those points you mentioned were against an overmatched Austria team. Bedard had 7 points in 4 games at the WU18 a few months back when Canada didn't make it to the medal round.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
As he kept falling in the draft, I wish we kept the 13th pick to get him….
Im fine with Dach if he becomes a 60-70 pts player, especially if he does it as a center. As much as I like Kemell, he wasnt a great fit in MTL since we were already small on the top 6 and Caufield being a similar player. I just dont understand how so many teams could pass on a such talended natural goalscorer like him though, especially Buffalo who passed on him twice to get 2 other undersized players with lesser potential IMO.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
only saw 1 shift of Kapanen but i thought he looked faster and skating better then the last time I saw him which was maybe Feb.
I will say, personnally, I don't see Kapanen developing into anything. I could easily be wrong. But no expectations for me.

Reactions: montreal and Wats

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I will say, personnally, I don't see Kapanen developing into anything. I could easily be wrong. But no expectations for me.
Judging by how low he ranks in the prospect pool ranking done on this board, most people already written him off as wasted 2nd round pick.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As he kept falling in the draft, I wish we kept the 13th pick to get him….

You have to consider that we were not going to trade Romanov if we couldn't get Dach. I like Kemell but Dach > Kemell.

Your post should say I wish we traded the Flames 1st and other picks to move down to take Kemell. We were not going to trade Romanov for a winger prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad