With Jack Edwards retired is Marc Moser (Avalanche) the biggest homer on a broadcast?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I feel like Jack Michaels will gave anyone a run for being the biggest homer.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
No, can't remember his name but the Oilers took a literal fan and made him the lead on their TV broadcasts.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They are a bad one, another is the Panthers broadcast. Randy or whatever his name is is unbearable.

I don't know if denis potvin is still doing panther games, but he called one of the sedins a "low life" during a game.

You shouldn't say that period.... but a sedin?

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
After Edwards, been Pittsburgh and Columbus for me.

But yeah this Colorado guy was quite the home vs. Ducks, but at least in a bit funny way to be honest.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Panthers PBP guy is the biggest homer. He never talks about or says anything positive about other teams. It’s all Panthers this and Panthers that with that dude

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I used to like both Boston and Colorado. Cheered for each on occasion.

Then came Edwards and Moser. They turned me completely against those franchises. Quite an achievement.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s terrible

The color commentator is also a moron and really not funny at all. He’s like a failed comedian.

I hate his “top shelf! Where mama hides the..:.:” whatever he can think of on the spot when someone scores top shelf.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
“San Jose one of the two teams in the league without a win yet this season, and let’s hope it stays that way tonight”.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Who f***ing cares? Local broadcasts are supposed to be homers. This is built for local crowd and not espn+ streams.

“San Jose one of the two teams in the league without a win yet this season, and let’s hope it stays that way tonight”.
Oh no, Avs local broadcast wants the Avs to win! More at 9!

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I think it’s pretty clear from the existence of this thread that the Avs broadcast team goes above and beyond the homerishness of all the other 31 home broadcast teams in the league. There’s a reason this thread exists for that one team alone and not for all 32 teams.

Most home broadcasts tailor their broadcast towards the knowledge of the home fans - tell anecdotes about the players on the other club that the fans might not know, but no need to rehash the things about the home club the fans all already know.

But outright stating a hope for the worst team in the league to remain the worst is really punching down, homer or not.

That ‘hope it stays that way’ line is one I feel pretty sure no other home broadcast team in the league would have said out loud (even if they were suspected to feel that way).

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
The guy doing the Habs on RDS is awful as well the team will be down 4-0 and make it 4-1 and he will still scream ET LE BUT like it was a stanley cup winning goal

Ad

Ad

Ad