With Jack Edwards retired is Marc Moser (Avalanche) the biggest homer on a broadcast?

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
avs guys are fans, they are enthusiastic for the avs.

edwards was a homer. he would even downplay the cheapest bruins hits and was completely unable to be somewhat objective

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
They are a bad one, another is the Panthers broadcast. Randy or whatever his name is is unbearable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Laus723

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Jack was never even close to as bad as the Avs crew who are just insufferable. Arguably worse than the Pittsburgh guys from prime Crosby days.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
It's not the homerism that gets me. It's the delivery and the constant cutesy stuff they get up to. Which can have its charm. I don't need Super Serious Broadcast Guys. I enjoy a good tangent. But with them it's just incessant, and rarely as witty or charming as they think.
Which is a real problem for me as I'm an Avs fan.

Moser's delivery is unpleasant for me to listen to. He doesn't flow well and his catchphrases are limited and lame.
Rycroft rarely gives any sort of insight you'd want from an ex-player-turned-color-analyst. He usually just makes self-denigrating jokes and gives Avs players virtual pats on the back.

Honestly, I get the feeling they're both genuinely nice, fun guys, but it doesn't translate at all for me from the booth.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Jack Edwards was great! As others have said, he was a Bruins through and through, but he still had a ton of energy while calling big goals or big hits for the opposite team... even the Habs. ;)

I don't care much about broadcasters being homers, as long as they are exciting to listen to.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
As others have said, there is nothing wrong with homerism, but there is a problem with people like Moser who barely acknowledge the other team and acts like he needs to change his pants if the Avs score to go up 1-0 after ten minutes of play in the first period.

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
No not at all Moser and Ryker are cool relax you probably thought the Avs would be 0-5-0 or 0-4-1.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad