Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
In NHL 14:
- we should be able to decided in the settings how many games the starter/back- up should play. Example: 48/34 and let us know if the goalie is on a hot streak.

- it would be sick if EA could team up with TSN to do rankings for the upcoming drafts and see who's rising or falling in the rankings. Drouin is a perfect example. Also, someone already posted this but we should see the stats of CHL prospects yo see if there developing well and deserve a contract. In addition, I'd like there to be tryouts so rookies could fight for a position or send them back down.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
General gameplay:

Correctly called penalties.

You'd think something like this would've made it into the first edition of the game, but no. It's been 20 years and EA still can't get the fundamentals down.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
KHL
IIHF licences
NCAA licences (too many great prospects missing)
(I wonder though if the NHL puts pressure on them to avoid certain associations?)

Faster season simming
Option to play the game regularly in Be a Pro

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Fix the ****ing loading times for PS3. I love (re)building teams and simulating every game but it takes too much time. Unplayable.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
In NHL 14:
- we should be able to decided in the settings how many games the starter/back- up should play. Example: 48/34 and let us know if the goalie is on a hot streak.

- it would be sick if EA could team up with TSN to do rankings for the upcoming drafts and see who's rising or falling in the rankings. Drouin is a perfect example. Also, someone already posted this but we should see the stats of CHL prospects yo see if there developing well and deserve a contract. In addition, I'd like there to be tryouts so rookies could fight for a position or send them back down.

While they don't directly discuss with TSN or Central Scouting, EA definitely makes adjustments to prospects potentials.

Drouin is the perfect example - in the latest update, he's one of the best prospects to take in the 2013 draft

Vikes88

@CrushSoda
Jan 19, 2013
Victoria, BC
Better called penalties
More in-depth prospect scouting
Be a Pro mode that looks more like NBA 2K12

And my dream forever...

Be a Ref mode.

Vikes88

@CrushSoda
Jan 19, 2013
Victoria, BC
Oh, and how could I forget:

Continuity (i.e. I buy 14 and can continue my 13 progress)
Longer GM season cap (i.e. more than 25 years)

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Oh, and how could I forget:

Continuity (i.e. I buy 14 and can continue my 13 progress)
Longer GM season cap (i.e. more than 25 years)

Not to sound rude, but you know you can edit your posts, right?
I would also like a longer cap on GM mode, or no cap at all.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Gameplay:

- Make the defensive breakout AI smarter. It's almost a guaranteed breakaway if you take a fairly speedy player, take the puck on a wide loop from inside the offensive zone, out to the red line, then skate straight at the net. The opposing defense will keep skating to try and trap it in the neutral zone, while you're flying past them untouched. Extremely annoying in PvP when someone knows how to exploit it.

- Make the goalies more consistent. I can score on an unscreened wristshot from the blueline from Mark Stuart, but if I have a 2-on-0 with Gaborik and Nash and send it across the crease for the tap-in, the goalie will make a miraculous diving save and manage to not give up a rebound.

- Make players able to manually tip the puck. I can probably count the times I've managed to score a good deflection goal (ie. not just banking it in off a thigh) on one hand. Deflections account for at least 5% of goals in the NHL, and this should be reflected in the game

These are my biggest complaints. especially #2. The one timere was the only way some people scored in 12 and 11 and all the other previous additions. However, making one of the highest percentage plays in the NHL almost completely useless makes the game feel illegitimate. They need to fix defense and at the same time make those plays easier again. Right now EA has an all or nothing approach to D. You either poke the puck away, do nothing and hope your d-man intercepts the pass, or it goes through. Instead, if your defensemen has a high enough def awareness, sure maybe you don't intercept every pass outright, but maybe you can deflect it enough to not be tape to tape and give your goalie time to get across. Or deflect it all together somewhere less dangerous.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
Make the draft more important. It seems like the draft and prospect development is an after-thought for EA and is just thrown into the game.

EDIT: Another thought, it's very annoying how every player aged 35+ is automatically on the trade block. I managed to trade Erik Condra and a 5th rounder for Martin St. Louis because of this. This should never happen.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
NHL 99 had Goalie fatigue, player hot/cold-streaks where their stats was bumped up or down.

Why do they not have that anymore?

Why not wait a couple of years with a new edition and just update the roster instead, so that they could have a really updated and hopefully good game that work in all parts instead of having to wait for a patch to fix the game. The Be A Pro-mode still doesn't work properly for crying out loud!

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
The game still looks slow to me compared to real life. And not as chaotic.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
The hitting engine has to be fixed. I protect the puck with bug PWD''s yet they get thrown around so easily. Make it so they lose balance or something like that. Not every hit is a massive one.

Get the ECHL license, its frustrating when some decent/good prospects have to be traded away cause of the limited movement. It would be cool to see as some playerrs aka Martindale need that year to get a chance to make a team:)

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Also let us customize goalie mask. It cant be that hard to do. Put team logos where we want, put a name/nunber on the chin area.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The hitting engine has to be fixed. I protect the puck with bug PWD''s yet they get thrown around so easily. Make it so they lose balance or something like that. Not every hit is a massive one.

Get the ECHL license, its frustrating when some decent/good prospects have to be traded away cause of the limited movement. It would be cool to see as some playerrs aka Martindale need that year to get a chance to make a team:)

The thing with this is that they'd also have to put in the ability to sign players to AHL/ECHL deals, because there's a 50 contract limit.

I need to see features that make BEAGM more realistic. Fatigue for goalies needs to come, players need to be able to demand a trade again, players should sign faste(r on day I of free agency, if you mishandled a player (Signed him to a be a second line center but put him on the third line/fourth line they should refuse to sign with you. If a player has no one give him offers and he's a 4th line or better player, they should drastically drop their price (84 overall early 30s players should not be staying free agents because they refuse to accept anything less than 5 million. Also, they should ask for money based on a combination of their play last season. A "first line" player if they got 35 points in 80 games should not ask for 7+ million.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The game still looks slow to me compared to real life. And not as chaotic.

EA really needs to work on scrambles in front of the net. More often than not, when there's a loose puck in the crease or around the goalie, i'm just hitting up on the RS hoping i'll randomly shoot the puck in because I have no idea where it is, and eventually it magically ends up under the goalie every time. It would be nice if there were some changes: Say, whistle comes early/isn't blown, the puck is jarred loose, etc.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I'd love a "rematch" choice at the end of an online game. After having a great game with someone, you'd like to be able to challenge them to a quick rematch without having to go back to the main menu, look up the player, and reload the entire game again.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
-Lower salaries for "1st Line FWD's"
-GameFace option for BAP
-Improve EASHL (Higher overalls)
-New Custom Team Logo's/Jerseys
-Bring back Vision Control
-Smoothen/Improve the Physics/Skating engine
-Authentic & Customizable Goalie Masks
-Add Linesmen
-New commentators (Chris Cuthbert or John Shorthouse pls?)
-Better Intro videos
-Suspensions in GM Connected/Be A GM for dirty hits/game misconducts

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Attributes I'd like to see added to the game:

Players:
- Vision: would be to make better passes and set up plays that no one else sees aka RNH :).
Elusiveness: avoid hard hits and the ability to make plays in tight corners.
Shot release/quickness: how quick a player can let his shot off not all players are stamkos, yakupov, RNH, Hall.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Just thought if something. EA should add another level in online n be a pro. The should allow players to go above 80 overall since d-man can go up to 87. Id put elite statua between superstar n legend. Legend should be 80-90. Anyone agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad