GDT: Winnipeg @ Montreal - Feb 18th 2017 - 2:00 PM - CBC, SN, TVAS, TSN690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Man that 1 practice sure did not help what a waste of time

Fire julien am i right :sarcasm:

Its going to be a challenge to find the time for CJ to put his stamp on the team. There just isn't alot of practice time available, but I think for the immediate future, he's just trying to work on the players' confidence. That is a a big thing on its own IMO.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wait, Jets had 15 shots on goal to our 6? I thought we sucked because of Therrien.

What a great comment that you really really really hope was sarcastic. 'Cause if not....wow. And YES, what you're STILL seeing now is Therrien's. 'Cause his imprint still outweigh the 1 hour practice Julien had yesterday.

Mind you, your comment is ONLY true the day you are adressing it to people who solely believed that removing DD from the lineup would make this team a contending team....or that removing Therrien ALONE would be doing the same thing. Which obviously was never the reality....this team STILL has from to 3 to 5 great changes before we can think they are a true contending team.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Seeing the top line still on the ice after their sloppy play in our end had me in shock. My brain is conditioned to see them benched and seeing the 4th line on the ice afterwards "to send da message".

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Didn't expect a miracle, but expected effort ... we see that. The play is pretty scrappy in the neutral zone which is scary, but kind of expected.

The biggest difference (other than Price playing like ... Price)

Engaged D, which has created a couple oddman rushes against.
Less dump and chase
Forwards are back deeper on the breakout
Coach is not punishing mistakes

It'll take a while for a couple guys to get their confidence back

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This Winnipeg team has some impressive tools. Why are they not a top 5 team? Big, skilled...baffling

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Burns could slow down and Karlsson could start scoring at a ridiculous pace like he has in the past.

I think the only way Burns doesn't win the Norris its if he gets injure in his next game, miss the rest of the season and either Karlsson or Hedman puts up 30 points for the reminder of the season.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'd much rather see Ghetto on the fourth line over Flynn. Let Flynn compete with Mitchell for the 4c spot. Give Ghetto, McCarron, Carr, and Hudon time on the fourth.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
His back is messed up though, that's the wildcard. He missed part of the pre-season with it and it's obviously hobbled him somewhat this year. The thing about Subban with us is that he was always healthy. If he's busted up going forward it obviously changes things. Personally I'd take Subban every day over Weber and twice on Sunday but that back is a pretty big variable in the equation.

Unfortunately, I dont think he will ever be 100%. If he's anything like me, or the majority of people who have suffered a serious back injury, his back will always nag him. I hope i'm wrong because I would never wish a serious back injury on my worst enemy, but I have a strong feeling that he will never be the level of player that he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad