Winnipeg Jets going into the 24/25 season

What do you feel is the top Priority for 2024-2025?

• New Special Team Coach (replace Lauer)

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • New Head Coach (replace Bowness)

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Replace both coaches (replace Bowness and Lauer)

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • New General Manager (replace Cheveldayoff)

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Trade Forwards/picks for improved Defense core. (Replacements for Pionk & Stanley)

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Improved process to integrate youth (mostly our prospects) into the NHL club and give longer leash

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • Ensure strong Back-up Goalie (like Brossoit) and give MINIMUM of 30 games (Load Mgmt for Helly)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Trade Vezina Helly if we get a great offer

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Create time travel (or borrow this current tech from the CIA) and bring back Prime Byfuglien

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Trade multiple Players for picks - start mini Re-build

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I spent a couple of hours yesterday, combing through all of Ehles' playoff games, going through every line he played on, and his linemates had poor results playing with him. Their "success", generally came from PP time, away from him.

He's a glorified puck possession player. When Ehlers ranks near the top of the league in various metrics, he's "one of these guys is not like the other, c'mon, can you tell which one", mistakenly lumped in with ACTUALLY great players.. He can get away with it in the regular season. He's the pipeline, and all the opposition has to do is turn him off once the playoffs start. It's that easy.

His linemates are at his mercy. He's the one with the puck.

Ehlers is not a leader, and he's going to fall off a cliff once he hits 30. Why on Earth would you want to re-sign him?
I hope you put your flak jacket on before posting lol

Expect incoming fire

Reactions: Dale53130

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
guess were using +/- as a stat again

It's 5v5 +/- not the nhl.com version of +/-... we could look at more advanced stats but kept it to plain 5v5 goal differential as some here don't pay heed to advanced stats.

Reactions: hn777

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The weird thing with ehlers is that no coach has kept him with guys that he has chemistry with. Copp and ehlers worked really well, same with nino-namestnikov and ehlers and of course stastny

Maurice was so fixated on the Copp-Lowry pairing - and then Bones with Nino-Lowry - but as we've seen, almost anyone fits with Lowry on that shutdown line... Barron could easily have been moved up to get Nino in the top six with Ehlers. Copp could/should have been our 2C instead of the endless trail of Spinal Tap drummers...

Ehlers is a strange case with TNSE - he's done everything they've asked and never complained and his ice time has dropped... I legit think the Jets bungled both Connor and Ehlers development in opposite ways... focusing too much on Ehlers giveaways - which were actually very low last year - and not focusing enough of Connor's lack of D.

I don't mind trading him but it removes scoring from a team that already has a hard time scoring - that makes me nervous... still have to get to the playoffs before we worry about disappearing in the playoffs.

Until this team rolls four lines, development is going to be an issue.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The weird thing with ehlers is that no coach has kept him with guys that he has chemistry with. Copp and ehlers worked really well, same with nino-namestnikov and ehlers and of course stastny

Maurice was so fixated on the Copp-Lowry pairing - and then Bones with Nino-Lowry - but as we've seen, almost anyone fits with Lowry on that shutdown line... Barron could easily have been moved up to get Nino in the top six with Ehlers. Copp could/should have been our 2C instead of the endless trail of Spinal Tap drummers...

Ehlers is a strange case with TNSE - he's done everything they've asked and never complained and his ice time has dropped... I legit think the Jets bungled both Connor and Ehlers development in opposite ways... focusing too much on Ehlers giveaways - which were actually very low last year - and not focusing enough of Connor's lack of D.

I don't mind trading him but it removes scoring from a team that already has a hard time scoring - that makes me nervous... still have to get to the playoffs before we worry about disappearing in the playoffs.

Until this team rolls four lines, development is going to be an issue.
Good post and it raises a lot of questions -

If I were to guess, I'd think the major point that has impacted Ehlers minutes and line mates, is his game style.
He's very unpredictable - and that can be a good thing when opponents are trying to figure out what you doing or where you're going -
But is works the same way with line mates - I think he's simply hard to play with.
Passes come out of nowhere - many times they are very low percentage - and line mates struggle anticipating him.
Sometimes he's all about shooting from pretty much anywhere - and other times he's trying to hit a player with a pass when he should be shooting.
He'll also hang on to the puck for a long time - and can run out of room for either a shot or a pass - and line mates again, struggle with getting in sync with him.
These things will drive a coach crazy because they all come down to the same thing - too much individual effort and not enough alignment with line mates.

This is debatable but that's the game I see most nights - and if coaches are trying to get him to play a more structured game - especially if they are working on a team game style, he might get himself in trouble with a coach that is trying to get everyone on the same page (system).
I honestly think he'll have that same issue any where he plays - unless he's prepared to make a few changes in the way he plays.

Very dynamic player and a lot of fun to watch - and I'm not debating his level of success when he plays with pretty much anyone - but he might be a headache for coaches - IMO.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
If Ehlers is signed for 8 x 8, I will personally punch Chevy and Chipman in the face. Hopefully on live TV.
He'll be turning 30, the year that kicks in, should he sign something like that.

There's no way that Ehlers is 6'0". I highly doubt that he's 5'11". I'm skeptical that he's even 5'10".

He's also small. On the shorter side, and relatively slight in build.

There was that intermission segment (last year), and the Jets' players unanimously cited Ehlers lack of wanting to work on his legs. We saw the first 10 games (or so) this season, without his being able to tap into his top speed, and that he just got in the way. He's useless without his speed. When he loses just a bit of it, that's it, you won't be able to hide him.

He doesn't have a great work ethic, at least to my understanding.

Has he developed any old-man skills? High IQ? Things that should translate well for him, as he enters his 30s? I say no. I don't see any Mark Recchi in him, or Dale Hunter, or Yzerman, etc. All guys under 6'0", of different proportions.

He had a healthy season - good for him - but is he any different in '24 than he was in '18? And scoring is up now after all.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He'll be turning 30, the year that kicks in, should he sign something like that.

There's no way that Ehlers is 6'0". I highly doubt that he's 5'11". I'm skeptical that he's even 5'10".

He's also small. On the shorter side, and relatively slight in build.

There was that intermission segment (last year), and the Jets' players unanimously cited Ehlers lack of wanting to work on his legs. We saw the first 10 games (or so) this season, without his being able to tap into his top speed, and that he just got in the way. He's useless without his speed. When he loses just a bit of it, that's it, you won't be able to hide him.

He doesn't have a great work ethic, at least to my understanding.

Has he developed any old-man skills? High IQ? Things that should translate well for him, as he enters his 30s? I say no. I don't see any Mark Recchi in him, or Dale Hunter, or Yzerman, etc. All guys under 6'0", of different proportions.

He had a healthy season - good for him - but is he any different in '24 than he was in '18? And scoring is up now after all.
There are good reasons to be critical of a player, and there are bad reasons to do it.

Then there's desperately finding any reason to be critical. Seriously, you're better than this.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
There are good reasons to be critical of a player, and there are bad reasons to do it.

Then there's desperately finding any reason to be critical. Seriously, you're better than this.

I've yet to read a post of yours, that wasn't either a puff piece on Ehlers, or some form of damage control, redirecting attention off of him, and shifting it on to another player (specifically forwards) not named Perfetti.

I'm no fan of Ehlers. I'm okay with that. He's winning at life, great for him (seriously). He should get whatever money (and quality of life) that's coming to him, that he doesn't already have.

But all of the reasons I listed (and more), I would not sign the guy. I'm taking a shot at the idea.

For all of the analytical talk throughout the season, I've yet to read any quality post from the Ehlers/analytical crowd, as to why Ehlers' game suffers in the post season. No reverse engineering necessary I guess. I appreciate @Buffdog posts on the subject (I got my flak jacket on), @DRW204 at least pointing out Ehler's failures in the playoffs seeing it's his favorite player (though not trying to explain why), and various things on the matter written by a number of other posters. So, I see a bit of a void, and throw my two cents (or $100) in it.

We're probably all better than this (except for Marty ;)).

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffdog

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I've yet to read a post of yours, that wasn't either a puff piece on Ehlers, or some form of damage control, redirecting attention off of him, and shifting it on to another player (specifically forwards) not named Perfetti.

I'm no fan of Ehlers. I'm okay with that. He's winning at life, great for him (seriously). He should get whatever money (and quality of life) that's coming to him, that he doesn't already have.

But all of the reasons I listed (and more), I would not sign the guy. I'm taking a shot at the idea.

For all of the analytical talk throughout the season, I've yet to read any quality post from the Ehlers/analytical crowd, as to why Ehlers' game suffers in the post season. No reverse engineering necessary I guess. I appreciate @Buffdog posts on the subject (I got my flak jacket on), @DRW204 at least pointing out Ehler's failures in the playoffs seeing it's his favorite player (though not trying to explain why), and a number of other posters. So, I see a bit of a void, and throw my two cents (or $100) in it.

We're probably all better than this.
I'm obviously not going to speak on anyone else's behalf, but if I had to guess the reason (goes for me, at least), it would be anyone who understands statistics well enough to rely on them in the hockey context would know to not give a flying f*** about the playoffs, as far as predicting player performance is concerned. Small sample sizes lead to wildly unpredictable results, both for the better and for the worse. That's hockey for you - a sport plagued by randomness. I'm OK with enjoying the ride, but making any personnel decisions solely based on playoff results leads to organisational oblivion. You don't need to be Einstein to tell that Ehlers sucked against the Avs, but he remains our best forward and our most impactful play driver - if you dump someone for being terrible in the playoffs, why start from the best one?

Consider this: would you rather have a team full of mediocre regular season players who turn on the jets in April, or the opposite?

Last edited:

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
I'm obviously not going to speak on anyone else's behalf, but if I had to guess the reason (goes for me, at least), it would be anyone who understands statistics well enough to rely on them in the hockey context would know to not give a flying f*** about the playoffs, as far as predicting player performance is concerned. Small sample sizes lead to wildly unpredictable results, both for the better and for the worse. That's hockey for you - a sport plagued by randomness. I'm OK with enjoying the ride, but making any personnel decisions solely based on playoff results leads to organisational oblivion.

Consider this: would you rather have a team full of mediocre regular season players who turn on the jets in April, or the opposite?
I think you worded that wrongly.

Yes, I would take (based how I'm reading what you've posted) the mediocre regular season players IF they turn it on in May.

I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about a guy who only 3 years into his 9 year career, has barely passed the 60 point mark. That's not a superstar.

I think, (Hellebuych + Morrissey) x 5 is talked about < Ehlers on this section of the board.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I think you worded that wrongly.

Yes, I would take (based how I'm reading what you've posed) the mediocre regular season players IF they turn it on in May.

I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about a guy who only 3 years into his 9 year career, has barely passed the 60 point mark. That's not a superstar.

I think, (Hellebuych + Morrissey) x 5 is talked about < Ehlers on this section of the board.
As far as I know, the playoffs start in April. In our case, we were already eliminated by May. April would certainly have helped us.

You should probably consider the fact that mediocre teams don't often get to turn it on in the playoffs. Good regular season teams get there annually. That matters more, especially for a team with the best goalie in the business (who also happened to go from the best in the league to the worst in one fell swoop). You can always goalie your way through a series, but if you don't clinch a spot, you're just one of the 31 losers.

And who said Ehlers is a superstar? He's the best forward on the Jets, that's what I said. We don't have superstar forwards, and haven't had any in a long time. It happens to be true that our best forward produces more points and generates more chances than most of the league's superstars, but as he plays a lot less minutes for some odd reason, he doesn't have that reputation yet. Maybe one day. You don't need to change your mind, but the least you could do is to appreciate how much better he is compared to our other forwards.

Reactions: hn777

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
As far as I know, the playoffs start in April. In our case, we were already eliminated by May. April would certainly have helped us.

You should probably consider the fact that mediocre teams don't often get to turn it on in the playoffs. Good regular season teams get there annually. That matters more, especially for a team with the best goalie in the business (who also happened to go from the best in the league to the worst in one fell swoop). You can always goalie your way through a series, but if you don't clinch a spot, you're just one of the 31 losers.

And who said Ehlers is a superstar? He's the best forward on the Jets, that's what I said. We don't have superstar forwards, and haven't had any in a long time. It happens to be true that our best forward produces more points and generates more chances than most of the league's superstars, but as he plays a lot less minutes for some odd reason, he doesn't have that reputation yet. Maybe one day. You don't need to change your mind, but the least you could do is to appreciate how much better he is compared to our other forwards.
I used May, meaning if you're on a run, it's taking you into May.

In your scenario, the Jets are making it into the playoffs with a mediocre team; that's what I'd meant by your wording it incorrectly.

He doesn't produce more points than most of the league's superstars. He didn't even have half of what McDavid had, who finished 3rd. Yes, I'm going by raw totals.

I won't argue against his 5v5 play (in the regular season), score a big one for Ehlers. With that though, I'd argue against what 5v5 actually means when it comes to Ehlers, as how it clearly doesn't translate for him in the playoffs. And most of the impetus for me having a go at Ehlers as frequently as I do, stems from how his regular season play doesn't translate to the playoffs. I find it frustrating, how his analytical backers don't seem to be the least bit inclined to want to look into that.

And it doesn't just hurt him, it hurts the whole team.

If the analytical crowd love dumping on traditional (raw) stats in the regular season, because in theory, the advanced stats see everything more clearly, again, why doesn't it translate to the post season for someone like Ehlers? That's the time when the cream rises to the top. The analytics were supposed to separate what's real, from what isn't.

Another way to look at it, is just because two guys are equal in totals (at the end of the year) at 5v5 play, does that mean that they're actually equal at 5v5 play? They go about it in different ways, under different circumstances, a different environment, a different set of teammates, etc.

Teams play 82 games, and (I believe) are more concerned about ironing out their own plays/schemes/etc, rather than whatever the opposition does, over the course of the season. But, come playoff time, they WILL focus on what you're doing, and Ehlers has been the easiest part of the puzzle to dismantle. The proof is in his numbers (how polarizing they are compared to his regular season production), and the teams record when he plays; not to mention his line's lack of productivity.

Has there been anyone this post season, who's heavy into the analytics, questioning the analytics?

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

In your scenario, the Jets are making it into the playoffs with a mediocre team; that's what I'd meant by your wording it incorrectly.

He doesn't produce more points than most of the league's superstars. He didn't even have half of what McDavid had, who finished 3rd. Yes, I'm going by raw totals.

I won't argue against his 5v5 play (in the regular season), score a big one for Ehlers. With that though, I'd argue against what 5v5 actually means when it comes to Ehlers, as how it clearly doesn't translate for him in the playoffs. And most of the impetus for me having a go at Ehlers as frequently as I do, stems from how his regular season play doesn't translate to the playoffs. I find it frustrating, how his analytical backers don't seem to be the least bit inclined to want to look into that.

If the analytical crowd love dumping on traditional (raw) stats in the regular season, because in theory, the advanced stats see everything more clearly, again, why doesn't it translate to the post season for someone like Ehlers? That's the time when the cream rises to the top. The analytics were supposed to separate what's real, from what isn't.

Another way to look at it, is just because two guys are equal in totals (at the end of the year) at 5v5 play, does that mean that they're actually equal at 5v5 play? They go about it in different ways, under different circumstances, a different environment, a different set of teammates, etc.

Teams play 82 games, and (I believe) are more concerned about ironing out their own plays/schemes/etc, rather than whatever the opposition does, over the course of the season. But, come playoff time, they WILL focus on what you're doing, and Ehlers has been the easiest part of the puzzle to dismantle. The proof is in his numbers (how polarizing they are compared to his regular season production), and the teams record when he plays; not to mention his line's lack of productivity.

Has there been anyone this post season, who's heavy into the analytics, questioning the analytics?
The only people pushing analytics are the ones who either work in analytics or want a job in it or want to use a stat to prove a point.
During the season using analytics are really a joke ... they prove nothing. Playing bottom feeders or scheduling are not taken into account and once the playoffs start you play the same team and they expose the weakest not the analytics.
How many times has Scheifele just stepped on the ice and not even in the play and the opposition scores and it goes against Scheifele.
Remember when Names blocked the shot he couldn't get up and when he did he was laboring and when he finally made it to the bench Scheifele gets on and boom the Avs score.
We all know how many playoff games the Jets won without Scheifele ... ZERO but the analytics said he is the problem lol.

• Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I have been defending him when he has been attacked, though I concede his performance was not good. But I question attacking him when the whole team was bad. After that performance I don't want to single out any player's poor play.

I don't know if there were any good enough to be excepted from the criticism either. KC and Scheif at least scored at about their normal rates. I don't know about their net effects. Maybe Morrissey was good.

A little hyperbole there, I think. I haven't seen anyone claim trading Ehlers will tank the franchise. I think we lose that trade, at least short term. But we will get something. If futures, we could benefit in the long term.
Season is over and we'll all carry on with our lives and come fall cheer for the Jets again. Your comment that "maybe Morrissey was good" struck me as interesting because, aside from the team in general underperformed, I thought that 44 wasn't as good as he was throughout the regular season. Avs might have had a say in that though.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

I can speak to how I see it personally

There is nothing analytics about his pts/60 in the regular season. That's how well he produces in his minutes for 5 years now.

He absolutely has had issues translating offense to the playoffs over the years. And clearly wasn't good.

It's about what is best moving forward for the team. He can still be a part of that.

I do feel that we probably hurt our own cause With Bowness preferred lines, bit also recognize the gaps in this series was larger issues than line combos.

Arniel seemed to trust Ehlers more than Bowness so I'm optimistic if he is willing to sign Ehlers may be leaned on a little more going forward.

If he does not want to re-sign then that's a different discussion.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
I can speak to how I see it personally

There is nothing analytics about his pts/60 in the regular season. That's how well he produces in his minutes for 5 years now.

He absolutely has had issues translating offense to the playoffs over the years. And clearly wasn't good.

It's about what is best moving forward for the team. He can still be a part of that.

I do feel that we probably hurt our own cause With Bowness preferred lines, bit also recognize the gaps in this series was larger issues than line combos.

Arniel seemed to trust Ehlers more than Bowness so I'm optimistic if he is willing to sign Ehlers may be leaned on a little more going forward.

If he does not want to re-sign then that's a different discussion.

His pts/60 is a tough sell for me. I've looked into his production in every single game (game logs) where he's played more minutes (above his career average), and I don't think he scales linearly with minutes played. If anything, it revealed (to me) that he gets worse the more minutes he played. I think his sweet spot is 15 to 16 minutes.

And it's evident that's probably what it should be. He ranked last on the PP; someone posted this a couple of months back (sorry I can't recall who did so). He's not a PK guy. There's only so much time he can get 5v5. He's also never demonstrated that he's conditioned for extended shifts. Either he's overselling that he worked harder than everyone else, to please the soccer-moms in the audience (not ruling that out), or he's in fact, really sucking back air on the bench, because he's not in the best condition. He's been doing this for years now.

I think that there's merit to things explained to me by @hn777 (respectfully) and @Gm0ney (with his pattented closing statement delivered in his self-congradulating way), specifically how Ehler's ice time only increased when the team was down, playing from behind. A number of good points, by both, but it also left me thinking that Ehler's is never your guy when the team's behind.

The second part that I highlighted, I don't see it. You identify the culprits as to why we lost this 1st round, and you look at the culprits in the previous seasons in the playoffs, and he's the common denominator going back to 2017-18. His best series was (IMO) vs Minnesota, his first series, and probably because there's basically no recorded playoff information for the Wild to work with, for identifying leaks with the Jets' deployment/play. We could have used him in that Conference Finals (82 GP, 29 G, 60 Pts) vs Vegas.

The guy's a "Cloudlifter" (Google) for the regular season, and he (and his line) are like the faded-out images of contestants on the Big Brother wall, yet the playoffs haven't even started yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aries56 and Buffdog

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Going into the playoffs many on this board who pay attention to analytics had been saying that the profile of Jets team last 2 months heading into the playoffs was one of a team that was looking like a 1st round exit team (5v5 metrics cratering combined with season long sub par special teams, that was heavily goaltending dependent) unless changes were made (and the whole "negative fans" narrative here).

In the playoffs the Jets xGF% was 41.86... their actual GF% was 41.38.

The Jets just about were bang on about where their analytics said they would be.

In the playoffs Ehlers played over 17 mins in 2 games, and one of them the Jets won. Ehlers played under 17 mins in 3 games and the Jets lost all 3. How can this be?

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Going into the playoffs many on this board who pay attention to analytics had been saying that the profile of Jets team last 2 months heading into the playoffs was one of a team that was looking like a 1st round exit team (5v5 metrics cratering combined with season long sub par special teams, that was heavily goaltending dependent) unless changes were made.

In the playoffs the Jets xGF% was 41.86... their actual GF% was 41.38.

The Jets were bang on about where their analytics said they would be.
I know, I read your posts. I would give most of that credit to you, you were the loudest one saying those things.

Kudos to you! Seriously!

And you also did the predictable thing of covering for Ehlers. You were the first person to say that the team should re-sign him, if he'll have us (type of stuff).

You weren't predicting that he would fade again, as he always has. @DRW204 and @surixon (not including maybe @Adam da bomb and maybe @Buffdog) were the only two from your end, who mentioned anything before (or during) the playoffs about his not holding up his end.

I still haven't read a single word from you as to why you think he keeps failing in the playoffs.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
In the playoffs Ehlers played over 17 mins in 2 games, and one of them the Jets won. Ehlers played under 17 mins in 3 games and the Jets lost all 3. How can this be?
Easy. Jets had a f***ton of penalties in those games. That resulted in both Ehlers playing less and the Jets losing

• Haha
Reactions: WolfHouse

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I know, I read your posts. I would give most of that credit to you, you were the loudest one saying those things.

Kudos to you! Seriously!

And you also did the predictable thing of covering for Ehlers. You were the first person to say that the team should re-sign him, if he'll have us (type of stuff).

You weren't predicting that he would fade again, as he always has. @DRW204 and @surixon (not including maybe @Adam da bomb and maybe @Buffdog) were the only two from your end, who mentioned anything before (or during) the playoffs about his not holding up his end.

I still haven't read a single word from you as to why you think he keeps failing in the playoffs.

Not sure why you keep thinking people are "covering for Ehlers". It has been said many times on this board that everyone in the playoffs was bad and Ehlers' performance was not particularly out of line compared to other forwards. And people in these threads have explained that playoffs are smaller samples and perhaps it is wiser to put more weight into the regular season results esp when #27 has been dealing with injuries in some of the Jets previous runs and this one too.

No one is saying his playoff games were great but you seem to be intent on running him out of town when he is one of the reasons why the Jets are in the playoffs in the first place. For example, in the regular season Ehlers was Jets forward best +29 at 5 on 5 and no one else was even close... if the Jets are supposed to be contending it is going to be tough to replace that.

Easy. Jets had a f***ton of penalties in those games. That resulted in both Ehlers playing less and the Jets losing

It was a rhetorical question as @Dale53130 has been saying for a couple of months that Jets/Ehlers play worse in games where he plays over 17 mins and better in games where his mins are limited to under 16.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
What, 5 game sample size only? Better check with Garret, small size of 5 is a no-go, but super small size of 4 is good.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Not sure why you keep thinking people are "covering for Ehlers". It has been said many times on this board that everyone in the playoffs was bad and Ehlers' performance was not particularly out of line compared to other forwards. And people in these threads have explained that playoffs are smaller samples and perhaps it is wiser to put more weight into the regular season results esp when #27 has been dealing with injuries in some of the Jets previous runs and this one too.

No one is saying his playoff games were great but you seem to be intent on running him out of town when he is one of the reasons why the Jets are in the playoffs in the first place. For example, in the regular season Ehlers was Jets forward best +29 at 5 on 5 and no one else was even close... if the Jets are supposed to be contending it is going to be tough to replace that.

It was a rhetorical question as @Dale53130 has been saying for a couple of months that Jets/Ehlers play worse in games where he plays over 17 mins and better in games where his mins are limited to under 16.
Yeah, "great" shouldn't be the starting point there.

It's been said a number of times that everyone was bad, mostly by people who's favorite player is Ehlers. Yes, I've noticed that. Not everyone was bad, and that's also been said, by a number of other people.

Can I argue, that you were intent on trying to run many people out of town too? I mean, reading your posts in the live thread, was like "The sky is falling... blow it up... KFC sucks... Rick Bowness sucks... this is the last time I'll 'X' if the Jets don't do 'Y'..."

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
His numbers seem to be clear in the fact that Ehlers produces better at lower minutes. The reason why is up for debate

There is a point of diminishing return with P/60 and I think that the fact that Ehlers plays all-out like he's 25lbs heavier than he is plays a role, which I respect about him

Reactions: Dale53130

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad