Winnipeg Jets are tied for the 7th longest winning streak (reg season) of all time

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Your right. The Oilers beat the team that destroyed the Avs that destroyed the Jets.
Now that we cleared this up how about addressing my point.
Celebrating 14 wins over 2 seasons with a massive PO lost in the first round sandwiched in-between this 6 game streak is ridiculous.
BTW I've been a Jet fan since 1972.

Is someone celebrating?

Uh, no... you can't say "no matter how you view it" in this case, because if you view it so that streaks are reset when seasons change, then this way of viewing it would invalidate the streak.

And I feel this way about it, by the way. Everything resets when the season changes.

You are completely entitled to view it however you want to view it. The fact is that the Winnipeg Jets have won 14 straight regular season hockey games.

Unless it broke/breaks the record, who gives a shit??

11th?? Big f***ing deal

Might as well just give em’ the Cup while we’re at it…

Ackshually they're up to a tie for 7th now.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Why don't we just talk about the biggest streaks to start a season? Seems like an actual record.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Why don't we just talk about the biggest streaks to start a season? Seems like an actual record.
It's 10. If the Jets were to break the record in the OP, they would also tie that record, at which point certain posters in this thread will find something else to whine about.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Is this a thing that the league/statisticians keep track of? It's a nice stat but I've never been a fan of "bridge" streaks, winning or losing. New season, new streak. What happened last season is part of last season's record. I just consider them to have a 5 game winning streak.
It counts for the Iron Man streaks players have, so why not wins as well?

Well how bout that
Been a solid team for a long time, but lacking that last bit of juice to get to the finals. They always seem to go for these rental middle 6 forwards at the deadline but I think more drastic action like shelling out for a top pairing dman would be the better approach.
Ok, now find one that is willing to forgo their no trade clause or sign as an FA to go there. Not so easy and Chevy does a brilliant job with what he has to work with. Mist likley the hardest GM job in the league

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
It counts for the Iron Man streaks players have, so why not wins as well?

Ok, now find one that is willing to forgo their no trade clause or sign as an FA to go there. Not so easy and Chevy does a brilliant job with what he has to work with. Mist likley the hardest GM job in the league
Because iron man streaks, by their nature, extend across many seasons. We don't count goal scoring streaks across seasons. The 50 in 50 streak starts fresh at the new season.

New season, new roster, new streak imo.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Because iron man streaks, by their nature, extend across many seasons. We don't count goal scoring streaks across seasons. The 50 in 50 streak starts fresh at the new season.

New season, new roster, new streak imo.
All the OP did was simply state a fact.

And that fact is the Jets have won their last 14 regular season games. Do with that info what you will, but it is indeed a fact.

You are the one calling it a ‘streak’. Nowhere in OP’s post did it mention that word.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

If you so desperately don't want to read this thread, there is a very simple solution that reduces the amount of whining people in this thread have to read by 100%.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I do not give a shit if we win the cup or not . When I go to the games I like to be entertained . The Jets have been fun to watch more often than not so I feel I'm getting my moneys worth . I don't really put a lot into streaks either but will ride it while I can . Woot Woot !!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad