OT: 4th Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League (RECOVERED)

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
7cQPLAT.png

ReMQJEO.png

The veto function is NOT for when you get fomo when you feel you could’ve made a better offer. It is for when two people are obviously colluding in a way to purposely benefit one team at the expense of another. Keep in mind these analyzers aren’t even accounting for our heavily banger weighted scoring system, and they still had him coming out on top. At time of the trade Tkachuk had 67.6 points to McDavids 50.4.

You guys can choose a new commish, I’ll be abandoning my team.

• Wow
Reactions: Ben Grimm

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
7cQPLAT.png

ReMQJEO.png

The veto function is NOT for when you get fomo when you feel you could’ve made a better offer. It is for when two people are obviously colluding in a way to purposely benefit one team at the expense of another. Keep in mind these analyzers aren’t even accounting for our heavily banger weighted scoring system, and they still had him coming out on top. At time of the trade Tkachuk had 67.6 points to McDavids 50.4.

Still up at this time of night? This is not the real Ed guys, don’t listen to him.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
7cQPLAT.png

ReMQJEO.png

Dude, who are you kidding? There is no universe where this is an even trade long term.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Dude, who are you kidding? There is no universe where this is an even trade long term.
Yes there absolutely is. And again that is not what the veto function for. The fact that you are abusing mob rule like this is ridiculous, I should have just pushed the trade through. But I want to give people what they want.

Last season
Brady Tkachuk: 985.30
Brady Skjei: 559.00
Total: 1,544.30

Connor McDavid: 1,036.70
K'Andre Miller: 444.90
Total: 1,481.60

Do you want to be the new commish since you know so much?

@bobbop @nyr2k2 @DialUp @Ail @Kupo @Cmox @UAGoalieGuy @Taluss @haveandare @LokiDog @DanielBrassard @Igor Shestyorkin

You guys can vote or whatever you want to do. We can plan for me to drop all my players at a certain time or something, or do a draft lottery to have first dibs.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yes there absolutely is. And again that is not what the veto function for. The fact that you are abusing mob rule like this is ridiculous, I should have just pushed the trade through. But I want to give people what they want.

Last season

@bobbop @nyr2k2 @DialUp @Ail @Kupo @Cmox @UAGoalieGuy @Taluss @haveandare @LokiDog @DanielBrassard @Igor Shestyorkin

You guys can vote or whatever you want to do. We can plan for me to drop all my players at a certain time or something, or do a draft lottery to have first dibs.
I certainly don't want you to leave the league. You're very active and creative (we've swung a few deals) and it would be a bummer to see you walk. I understand though if that's the direction you choose to go.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I certainly don't want you to leave the league. You're very active and creative (we've swung a few deals) and it would be a bummer to see you walk. I understand though if that's the direction you choose to go.
Too many people thought of this trade as if it were an IRL trade, given the nature of this board where it's always armchair GM'ing I understand it. But they need to look at trades through a fantasy lens not an IRL lens. Our league is a bangers league, plus it rewards PIM which most do not. Trade analyzers have him as the winning side of the trade using default fantasy settings (not banger) which would've obviously make it favor Tkachuk even more). Brady Tkachuk is the GOAT of banger leagues. As you rightly pointed out earlier, Tkachuk & Skjei produced more points in this league last year than McDavid & Miller. Tkachuk is producing more points in this league than McDavid currently as well. I was even going to drop Miller because he was such a throw in.

I'm sure a great deal of it is just FOMO seeing McDavid get traded and now retroactively thinking they would've made a better deal. I'm always one to buy low & take risks, our Ovi trade comes to mind

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Dude you're throwing a tantrum & you keep spouting your Gen Z terms....I'm not imposing Mob rule. People voted against it, not because of what I said, but because the trade is a joke, & not to be spiteful or any other reason. I don't want you to quit the league, but you're acting like a 5 year old stamping your feet because you're not getting your way.

Last year we agreed to have a keeper league...I had killer squad with McJesus & a bunch of other studs & then all of a sudden we weren't a keeper league. I didn't bitch or say a word, because who gives a shit. There's no money involved & we're all supposed to do this for a laugh. With that said, I voted against your trade because it's making a mockery of the competitive balance, not because I'm pissed I didn't get to make a deal with Loki. I have bigger things to worry about.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Last season

Just out of curiosity...how many votes does it take to veto a trade? If it's only 4 votes....that's not enough. But if it's 6-8 votes, that should tell you something.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I will give a more in depth response to your previous post later. It’s the Yahoo default which is 1/3 of GM’s
1/3 of the league I don't think is fair, honestly. Should be 50%. My opinion of the trade doesn't change, but if you want have it so all the other GMs are required to re-vote on this deal & all other trades, I'd be down with that. 7 people voting for or against a trade should be the final word.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Banger cats make it a closer trade sure, still an edge in favor of McD. Okay though if it's such an even trade why are you throwing a tantrum over it? Is the 100 points you gain here worth torpedoing the league and acting like a petulant child? The majority of the league vetoed it right or wrong. I'm sure you can find solace in knowing we are all stupid and you are a 300iq GM trading away the GOAT bangers cats player in a bangers cats league who also has dual position eligibility where McDavid does not. In hindsight you should be thanking us. If I knew you were going to sperg out about it I would have just voted in favor of.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Banger cats make it a closer trade sure, still an edge in favor of McD. Okay though if it's such an even trade why are you throwing a tantrum over it? Is the 100 points you gain here worth torpedoing the league and acting like a petulant child? The majority of the league vetoed it right or wrong. I'm sure you can find solace in knowing we are all stupid and you are a 300iq GM trading away the GOAT bangers cats player in a bangers cats league who also has dual position eligibility where McDavid does not. In hindsight you should be thanking us. If I knew you were going to sperg out about it I would have just voted in favor of.
Trades vetos in fantasy are not for when one team has an edge, practically every trade you will have an opinion on which team won. They are for collusion. The only collusion here was these veto voters.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I wouldn't trade McDavid for that, but it's not one of those cheesy lopsided proposals. IMO the veto should be used for the obvious lopsided nonsense that we've seen in the past.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Trades vetos in fantasy are not for when one team has an edge, practically every trade you will have an opinion on which team won. They are for collusion. The only collusion here was these veto voters.
So what are trade vetoes for exactly? You're saying you should've just pushed it through, wouldn't that be worse than collusion? This is precisely why the voting method is in place. Check & balances.

In any case, please explain exactly what collusion took place here? Do you think I PMd all the GM telling them to vote it down? I stated my opinion of the deal publicly & people were free to take it or leave it.

Reactions: Ail

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

Okay, make the trade again then. It's not that serious. I agree one third of the league is too low for vetos, I figured it was majority, you should change that. I doubt anyone would have thrown a fit if the trade was voted through.

So what are trade vetoes for exactly? You're saying you should've just pushed it through, wouldn't that be worse than collusion? This is precisely why the voting method is in place. Check & balances.

In any case, please explain exactly what collusion took place here? Do you think I PMd all the GM telling them to vote it down? I stated my opinion of the deal publicly & people were free to take it or leave it.

I had a dream and you were there and told me to vote no otherwise I was voting yes. Very nasty of you!

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Okay, make the trade again then. It's not that serious. I agree one third of the league is too low for vetos, I figured it was majority, you should change that. I doubt anyone would have thrown a fit if the trade was voted through.

I had a dream and you were there and told me to vote no otherwise I was voting yes. Very nasty of you!
He probably no longer wants to after all your complaining about how bad his trade was. I’m the one throwing a tantrum when you guys are complaining and shutting down fair trades LOL

Anyone want to takeover my team? Or should I drop all the players?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
He probably no longer wants to after all your complaining about how bad his trade was. I’m the one throwing a tantrum when you guys are complaining and shutting down fair trades LOL

You are having a melty over it instead of just making the trade again and moving on. Or just moving on and playing the rest of the season with the GOAT bangers cats player.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

We're literally telling you to ask all the GMs to revote & you're still talking about quitting? Cmon, dude. Grow up.

Reactions: Ail

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I've been following this thread a little bit just out of curiosity about how you guys were setting it up, draft results and boredom. I'm ngl when I saw the title had (ABANDONED) put in it I chuckled.
Eds been running it but next year we will start a new one unless he decides to push his tampon back in and make the trade again or just continue on like a normal person would.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
You are having a melty over it instead of just making the trade again and moving on. Or just moving on and playing the rest of the season with the GOAT bangers cats player.
I don’t know why you keep sarcastically calling him that to mock me, he is widely regarded as the GOAT of bangers leagues. Look it up. This duo outscored the McDavid duo last season. Loki will not want to make the trade again after your guys meltdown over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad