Winnipeg Jets are tied for the 11th longest winning streak (reg season) of all time

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
can't stand linking seasons together, makes zero sense

Had a montreal fan say Caufield is essentially a 40 goal scorer over the past 2 seasons.

I just dont get it.
seen people link seasons together with "Pace" calculations and everything.

Just ignore the 5 months rest in between

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I hope whatever streak it is, it ends tonight. But they have been damn good to start the year and the streak will probably continue. Playing like they will start the playoffs at home for Game 1.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
can't stand linking seasons together, makes zero sense

Had a montreal fan say Caufield is essentially a 40 goal scorer over the past 2 seasons.

I just dont get it.
seen people link seasons together with "Pace" calculations and everything.

Just ignore the 5 months rest in between

Same reason I put very little value in the covid bubble playoffs. Was basically a new season at that point, all momentum gone, players rusty and been apart so lost camaraderie.

Tampa are lucky they won that other cup and had that deep run or I think their guys would be looked at a lot differently

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Well how bout that
Been a solid team for a long time, but lacking that last bit of juice to get to the finals. They always seem to go for these rental middle 6 forwards at the deadline but I think more drastic action like shelling out for a top pairing dman would be the better approach.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don't respect streaks that cover 2 different seasons.

And it's not tied for 8th according to your link, it's tied for 11th.
97kui9.jpg

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Mixing the legendary streaks of the '93 Penguins and the '82 Islanders with weak-sauce streaks from the "no-ties" era of today is a bit disingenuous. Before 2006, the majority of games that went in OT ended up in ties, with no winners. That significantly affects the odds of going on a long streak.

For instance, the Oilers have the second biggest winning streak with 16 wins but in reality, it's a 3-game winning streak. The 4th game would have been a tie under the old rules and was won in a shootout.

That 17 streak by the Penguins in 93 is insane. It just highlights how much that team was stacked. It looks like someone's messing around on the playstation. AND it was coached by the best of all times as well, Scotty Bowman.
Yea was probably the best penguins team ever. Was also the biggest choke ever in the playoffs. Should have absolutely been their third straight cup. That era Pens have the record for longest regular season winning streak and longest playoff winning streak.

That said today's era has its own challenges. Teams are much closer together now than they were then. There are no teams that are freebies like Tampa, San Jose, or Ottawa were back in the early 90s. And with the cap it's much harder to put together super teams.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
1. Top of the division with a game in hand
2. Made the playoffs every year since 2017
3. Best goal scorer in the league, if not the best player outright
4. Physical defensive team
5. Historic franchise with a history of winning
Like, we all saw this, right? :laugh:

Should someone tell him?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You guys are allowed to not value it but the Winnipeg Jets have a 13 game winning streak in the regular season and that is indeed a fact, not something you can disagree with.

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
You guys are allowed to not value it but the Winnipeg Jets have a 13 game winning streak in the regular season and that is indeed a fact, not something you can disagree with.
We can still disagree with the context and with it being on equal footing with a winning streak in a single season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad