OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (8-6) - Finding ways to get it done. - Next vs EDM Sept 27 700pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Maybe I was thinking back to Bighill's first injury against HAM where I was sure Gauthier had a few snaps in that middle - but nevertheless, your point stands as I saw in yesterday's game: they have their LBs playing most of those snaps and far back in coverage. Although, maybe that was more of a gameplan since it looked like they had two spies on Tre Ford the whole game and forced him to beat him with his throwing arm (which he didn't do); but WPG struggled in the actual running game like I would have expected without Bighill's positioning and instructing where his teammates should go. Hopefully they figure out how to gel without that presence as they approach the post-season.

Otherwise: Collaros had a rough first half, but Oliveira looked fantastic and helped his QB have a better second half - but it's obvious he's missing his reliable receivers like Schoen and Wolitarsky who can find space in a way that Collaros can spot them and make the safe plays to march down the field. I also thought* that Brandon Alexander had an awful game, and not just because he/Ford both played the flea flicker TD miserably - just all around lacklustre effort playing for turnovers instead of making a tac

Gauthier did a couple reps last game, but it was mostly Jones-Ayers. You're right with Ford at QB things do change, but it's looking more like Ayers is the WILL and Jones as MIKE. Gauthier did play most snaps early in the year when Bighill was out, just last two games they've gone away from using him in these situations.

I agree on Alexander, but it seems like the Bombers saw something on tape cause ALL the Bombers were going for strips rather than tackling last game. I commented on it several times to the fiancee, Bombers were trying to strip the ball in all situations rather than tackling. It was quite odd.

so we can clinch a playoff spot with a win next week right?

Correct.

Additionally a win plus BC+SSK losses would put the Bombers magic number down to 1 to clinch the west since they hold tie breaker on BC (Sask is irrelevant due to their tie).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad