OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Have to question the decision to go heavy $$ on receiving core and move on from solid players Hansen and Grant... only to scramble to sign vets after TC

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Lots of folks expecting/predicting a Ottawa win tomorrow.

If the Bombers do lose, it’s time to reevaluate, but IMO it was just one game and fans of the other teams are salivating at a potential Bombers downfall.

Also, forgot to mention, I’m surprised the big, bad BC Lions lost to the Toronto Backup QB Argos. Was a good game though.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Have to question the decision to go heavy $$ on receiving core and move on from solid players Hansen and Grant... only to scramble to sign vets after TC

A bit frustrating to see the money allocated to the receiving core as much as it is. Which I actually don’t know the number of, just what I remember hearing in snippets.

You are never going to get full value so to speak - out of the receiving core. Not if you are a team that uses Brady the right way. Which they should, because nobody can deny that Collaros isn’t showing his age the last couple seasons.

The defense has been a concern for a number of years, and they have neglected it imo.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So Oliveira, Lawler, and backup DT Josh Woods come out. Bighill, recent signee depth Canadian FB Feltmate, and rookie WR Keric Wheatfall come in. Looks like Ontaria Wilson is sliding inside and Wheatfall will play out at WR.

Defense played real solid in game 1. Hopefully that can continue. Offense lost two of it's top weapons, but it will still look much better this next game, IMO. Johnny Augustine is a quality backup back, and Collaros/Schoen/Demski will answer the bell. We'll see tmw.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Oliveira injured how?
And I guess it has become a trademark of Winnipeg franchises in any sport that ST's suck.
I thought I saw Brad Lauer on the sidelines against the Als. 😆
Bombers don't know how to properly use Ehlers either. He was completely invisible the whole game.😃

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1718283490021.png

Reactions: John Agar

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Looking forward to a nice rebound win tonight!

Our lack of starting depth on the DL and over loading the LB corp is baffling. Nearly every other team starts 8+ DL, we NEED DL rotation!

Oliveira injured how?
And I guess it has become a trademark of Winnipeg franchises in any sport that ST's suck.
I thought I saw Brad Lauer on the sidelines against the Als. 😆
Bombers don't know how to properly use Ehlers either. He was completely invisible the whole game.😃
He appears to of hurt his knee during off season workouts. He said he went to hard or something. So yah, it has been lingering.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Looking forward to a nice rebound win tonight!

Our lack of starting depth on the DL and over loading the LB corp is baffling. Nearly every other team starts 8+ DL, we NEED DL rotation!

He appears to of hurt his knee during off season workouts. He said he went to hard or something. So yah, it has been lingering.
Redblacks OL is the worst line in the league by a wide margin, worse than even the Elks.

If we’re not in Dru Brown’s grill on nearly every snap, something is seriously wrong.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This game will tell us a lot about this team.

Much hullabaloo, but we were like a combined six inches away from two touchdowns against Montreal, and the blown face mask call put the game away. Not making excuses. They played terrible and Montreal played like they wanted to prove last year wasn’t a fluke, but all is not lost yet.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I can sometimes be a bit of a Negative Nancy and I'm going to go out and put myself on a limb here. I think Brown has a huge game and Collaros again. I think we let a legitimate starter slept through our fingers trying to cash in on one or two more years of Zach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad