OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Collaros looks like a USports fourth string QB. Terrible ball.
I was thinking high-schooler, but yeah, especially those awful underthrown bombs to the endzone. Yikes. That interception was wounded duck all the way.

Also, maybe just me but I didn't notice a running back break a tackle until Augustine got in for the last 3 minutes. Noticed a lot of the Montreal punt returner getting to the outside left and scampering for extra return yards.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
The whole team played like crap. I would not be disappointed or upset if the POS who tried to twist Strevy's leg on that tackle experiences a year-ending injury in the next few weeks - that was a freaking dirty play.

Reactions: TS Quint

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
The whole team played like crap. I would not be disappointed or upset if the POS who tried to twist Strevy's leg on that tackle experiences a year-ending injury in the next few weeks - that was a freaking dirty play.
Edit - I didn't realize he was the guy they carted off later in the game. Thoughts and prayers.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
If they plan on mixing Streveler in more they need to give him plays then just running. Teams will key in on that quickly.
I’m actually a little surprised they did so many things with Strevler. I feel like the Bombers usually run him (or whoever the short yardage guy is) pretty straight forward plays for the first half of the season and start going deeper into the play book in the second half of the year to catch teams off guard.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
If Mitchell doesn’t learn to put his head down when he’s going to get tackled on his kick returns they should just cut him now to save us the heartbreak of all the fumbles he is going to give up. Every time he gets hit he stands straight up and the defense is ripping at the ball.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If Mitchell doesn’t learn to put his head down when he’s going to get tackled on his kick returns they should just cut him now to save us the heartbreak of all the fumbles he is going to give up. Every time he gets hit he stands straight up and the defense is ripping at the ball.
Hard to believe this is the guy who won the job (granted Smith got injured). How much worse were the other guys in camp?

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
That was a very disappointing first game of the season made even worse because it was also the home opener. But it's 1 of 18 and they need to regroup for Ottawa next week. There were a few positives but the negatives outweighed them by a huge margin.

Yeah. As disappointing as it was, it was just one game.

Recall that last June, the Bombers got pounded even worse, at home, by the BC Lions (30-6) and they still managed to make something of the season.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
No post game thoughts from me this game. It sucked. But overall I think this is a blip not a pattern. I'm not worried yet. If they lay another egg next week we'll have to re-evaluate.
Pretty much where I’m at.

Also, call me old school… but I’m still thrown off by the CFL regular season starting in early June. To me the next 2-3 weeks are some strange transition period between preseason and real, meaningful football.

SSCBLUEJET

Jul 23, 2022
Things will start slow due to injuries, new faces, chips in footballs etc.
I think they will go 11-7 this year. They will go on a 6-0 run at the end of the season. Of course that means punching the Als in the mouth last game.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Only watched the CFL recap... if Collaros connects with Lawler its probably a totally different game - it really was pretty close

OL and DL did not seem to be winning the trench war - that's surprising

Ford and Holm kind of got abused - bombers playing way too soft on that side

Karamouko (?) has less closing speed than Pierre Lac Labbe.... was he at MLB - sure hope he's not this year's Damian Jackson

Kramdi with some bad contain decisions

Gauthier on the goal line stand is not Bighill.

Communication on the line isn't good - should gel

Hall D is still here... without Bighill this could get ugly. Think this season relies on an early offensive score/momentum because the D talent is not what it was

Reactions: RabidOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad