OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Folks on Reddit are speculating BC will get 40k for their home opener.

The people on Reddit are even stupider than the people here, but I wonder how close they’ll get.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Jemarcus hardrick was no prize when we signed him... he worked out
Not saying all is lost for sure. You never know, and as I've said before it's hard to question this Bombers management.

However Hardrick was a fairly consistent young starter starting 10 games in 2014 and 8 games in 2015 as he bounced around from BC to Arena league to Sask in those 2 years. A young starter just finding his way. He was 25 when signed by Bombers in 2016 (turned 26 just before 2016 season). He had 18 starts in 2 years in league.

Lofton is a veteran journeyman who's struggled to make rosters anywhere. He spent 2 years in Ottawa in 2017-18 appearing in 4 games with no starts. Signed with BC in 2019, released before the season. He appeared as a backup in 2 games with Edmonton. Released in camp in 2021, he never landed anywhere. Spent 2022 in Winnipeg on the PR appearing in just one game (pity start at end of year as team rested veterans). Last year was his first as a starter where he struggled mightily along the Sask OL making 14 starts. He's 31 years old and has made 15 starts in 6 years. He's a veteran journeyman BARELY hanging in the league.

These are not comparable situations.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Collaros will not play on Friday. I'm fine with that decision. Streveler has been banged up this week, unknown if he'll play Friday.

Later in the same thread Bauming says that O'Shea essentially confirmed Oliveira will play in the season opener despite not having practicing to date. Based on that I'm guessing he will NOT play on Friday.

Demski was taking reps today. Neufeld has been practicing. Looks like the O will be healthy to start the year, unlike the D.

It's essentially a short week before the season opener on the 6th so I don't expect many starters to play much on Friday.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Folks on Reddit are speculating BC will get 40k for their home opener.

The people on Reddit are even stupider than the people here, but I wonder how close they’ll get.

When you look at the seating map on Ticketmaster it looks like they've already surpassed 40,000. The lower bowl is 28,000 and they've sold all but a few singles. And they've sold a ton of tickets in the upper bowl already.

At this point it's just the one upper bowl end zone that is still blocked off, and the topmost rows of the other endzone. Everything else is sold out, or close to it. And there's over two weeks to go. They could conceivably sell out the entire joint. It's impressive.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Calgaey is bringing alot of starters. So after the Bombers go 0-2 in preseason having barely played any starters I fully expect the CFL to start pushing the narrative about how the Bombers are done as Kings of the west, they are too old, it's over for them...

Really disappointed that it looks like they've written off Rivers and Coulter. If there was still competition at DE3, Garbutt would be playing. And if Coulter still had a chance he wouldn't be a backup in this game. And yeah Lofton being a lock no matter what was dumb.

It really looks like the Bombers had their 45 man gameday roster decided before camp opened and are only adjusting for injuries. IMO that's not a great strategy.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Calgaey is bringing alot of starters. So after the Bombers go 0-2 in preseason having barely played any starters I fully expect the CFL to start pushing the narrative about how the Bombers are done as Kings of the west, they are too old, it's over for them...

Really disappointed that it looks like they've written off Rivers and Coulter. If there was still competition at DE3, Garbutt would be playing. And if Coulter still had a chance he wouldn't be a backup in this game. And yeah Lofton being a lock no matter what was dumb.

It really looks like the Bombers had their 45 man gameday roster decided before camp opened and are only adjusting for injuries. IMO that's not a great strategy.
Rivers still has a shot I think

I'll prob watch for petrishen and clercius

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

don't worry, we will get a ton of posts from fans on here saying that as well

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
When you look at the seating map on Ticketmaster it looks like they've already surpassed 40,000. The lower bowl is 28,000 and they've sold all but a few singles. And they've sold a ton of tickets in the upper bowl already.

At this point it's just the one upper bowl end zone that is still blocked off, and the topmost rows of the other endzone. Everything else is sold out, or close to it. And there's over two weeks to go. They could conceivably sell out the entire joint. It's impressive.
Who knew all they had to do is have a guy with 1 hit song to perform for a sellout.:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Who knew all they had to do is have a guy with 1 hit song to perform for a sellout.:laugh:

I checked and they've opened up even more sections since yesterday. Tickets are flying out the door. They are definitely tracking towards a sellout to my eyes.

Maybe Ambrosie should organize a 50 Cent tour of CFL halftimes this summer? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I checked and they've opened up even more sections since yesterday. Tickets are flying out the door. They are definitely tracking towards a sellout to my eyes.

Maybe Ambrosie should organize a 50 Cent tour of CFL halftimes this summer? ;)
Maybe the Bombers could one up BC and have 50 cent and the BeeGees ,now were cooking with oil .:naughty::laugh:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What’s a pretty accurate time that the game will end?

I don’t watch CFL so I’m not sure

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not that we needed a reminder, but it’s looking like we’re not gonna have to worry about Calgary this year.

What a pathetic showing from their starters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad