OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Big win for the Bombers.

Really shows how questionable it was to invest in a back-up QB that can't really play the position.

Feel badly for Bighill but he's really been struggling to have a positive impact on the field.

Really hard to understand why the Bombers rushed 3 and sat back in pass coverage to allow the Riders to drive in the 4th.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Based on the evidence of tonight's game, Willie Jefferson is not someone you want on the hands team to defend against an onside kick. The guy stands there waiting for the ball to come to him like he's growing roots out of his feet while all around him opponents are leaping up like trained dogs doing Milk-Bone tricks. Put someone in who'll jump up and high-spot the ball. Like a, oh, I don't know, a receiver maybe? A Lawler maybe? Jefferson might be good at swatting down horizontal balls but he sucks on the hands team.

That'll probably be Streveler's best passing game. Lord help us.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Big win on the road in front of a huge crowd, way to go Bombers . Now that dirty piece of shit from Saskatchewan that absolutely was trying to hurt Collaros and did should be suspended for at least 6 games, anything less and the CFL is a joke,maybe as bad as the NHL as far as suspensions go .

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Younger tried his best to tank for Bedard today. Harris is a QB who can’t handle pressure or blitzes and isn’t mobile whatsoever. So what does this idiot do? Drops nine back into Richie Hall butter soft coverage and lets Harris dink and dunk up and down the field all game.

The defence has been impressive overall but Younger was absolutely horrid today. Need to be better next week.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Younger tried his best to tank for Bedard today. Harris is a QB who can’t handle pressure or blitzes and isn’t mobile whatsoever. So what does this idiot do? Drops nine back into Richie Hall butter soft coverage and lets Harris dink and dunk up and down the field all game.

The defence has been impressive overall but Younger was absolutely horrid today. Need to be better next week.
2nd half last week the team got scorched.

2nd half yesterday the team got scorched even worse.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
After all those years of talking about how we were a good team that just didn't know how to win... I have zero complaints about this season.

I mean I'd replace Thomas and Johnson... and Lofton has dropped off once again... but I also would have replaced Kramdi and Alexander - and I would have been wrong.

Guess BC won't trade VAJ within the division...

Reactions: Stumbledore

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Especially after the Riders lost two OL and had a defensive lineman on the OL. I thought the Bombers really let them off the hook by bringing no pressure and playing soft in the D backfield as the second half wore on.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Swear I saw somewhere that O’Shea was asked about Zach.

Said he was pulled because it was the “right thing to do”, and not concussion protocol.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Swear I saw somewhere that O’Shea was asked about Zach.

Said he was pulled because it was the “right thing to do”, and not concussion protocol.
It did sound precautionary. Collaros has a history of concussions. A lot will depend on if he woke up this morning with a headache. We won't find out much until practice this week, which should start tmw.

I do think #90 should be suspended. For his health. Cause otherwise there just may be a crackback knee high block called when he's on the field next game haha

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Big win on the road in front of a huge crowd, way to go Bombers . Now that dirty piece of shit from Saskatchewan that absolutely was trying to hurt Collaros and did should be suspended for at least 6 games, anything less and the CFL is a joke,maybe as bad as the NHL as far as suspensions go .

That was the longest sentence that i’ve read

SimpleSimon

Nov 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Collaros is no spring chicken, but he could still win us a cup. We are on a knifes edge with injuries in a few key positions. Chris Streveler may pick up. Hard to see Bighill hurt again and Bryant also. Anyway, I enjoy parousing the fan meltdown on Riderfans.com

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
There should be some punishment coming from the CFL for the hit on Collaros, but the league doesn’t give a hoot about protecting QBs. Ambrosie is a dogshit commissioner, somehow worse than Bettman, which is honestly kind of impressive.

I expect he'll be fined, but that’s no real penalty, especially as the roughing the passer was on the same play as a PI and the ball moved to the one anyway.

Suspension would be better, but knocking out a starting QB for losing a DL for 1 game is a good trade for the D.

If the league doesn’t do anything, expect retribution on the field.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
There should be some punishment coming from the CFL for the hit on Collaros, but the league doesn’t give a hoot about protecting QBs. Ambrosie is a dogshit commissioner, somehow worse than Bettman, which is honestly kind of impressive.

I expect he'll be fined, but that’s no real penalty, especially as the roughing the passer was on the same play as a PI and the ball moved to the one anyway.

Suspension would be better, but knocking out a starting QB for losing a DL for 1 game is a good trade for the D.

If the league doesn’t do anything, expect retribution on the field.
I just find it funny how a dirty hit takes our qb out of the game and basically resulted in zero penalties because of the pi, yet harris slides late and we get a 15 rtp penalty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad