Proposal: Winnipeg and Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
How about Nyquist+AA+Smith+pick

Nyquist is a great forward. AA is an middling prospect, Smith is a dman who badly needs a change of scenery and name the pick.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
How about Nyquist+AA+Smith+pick

Nyquist is a great forward. AA is an middling prospect, Smith is a dman who badly needs a change of scenery and name the pick.

Larkin or bust. Your offer does nothing for us.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Better be sending something back better than a middle 4 defenseman for a potential franchise center.

If you think about your deal, you'll find out that an top 6 winger who would play on our third line, an AHL forward, a bottom pairing defenseman and a pick for a top pairing defenseman isn't any better. And not only that, but we add cap in that deal. We might as well use that money on things we need, such as re-signing Trouba.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Helm essentially holds negative value to us, as we don't have any need for him and his contract. DDK makes almost as much as Trouba will make = no point in swapping them two around. That first has very little appeal to it, as it's protected and we need to start contending soon. Sorry, but it's Larkin or nothing.

I think your and GMs opinion on Helm differ - though I don't insist, as I said prospect of your choice is up for discussion. I think Helm would be a better choice because you can slot him anywhere your line up and you generally have no need for our prospects - but this trade piece is switchable.

The point of switching DDK for Trouba is getting an LHD who would be the best on your team for your third best RHD. And if you need to start to contend soon - DDK fits the timeline better.

And just to close it once and for all - your 3rd best RHD is not worth our younger all-star center. Don't even ask.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I think your and GMs opinion on Helm differ - though I don't insist, as I said prospect of your choice is up for discussion. I think Helm would be a better choice because you can slot him anywhere your line up and you generally have no need for our prospects - but this trade piece is switchable.

The point of switching DDK for Trouba is getting an LHD who would be the best on your team for your third best RHD. And if you need to start to contend soon - DDK fits the timeline better.

And just to close it once and for all - your 3rd best RHD is not worth our younger all-star center. Don't even ask.

Trouba isn't our 3rd best RHD, and DDK wouldn't be our best LHD.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Ask yourself these questions.

a) If we're taking on Helm (3,8 AAV) and DDK (5 AAV), what's the point in shipping out Trouba because he asks too much money?

b) Our top 4 defensemen are 31, 31, 26 and 22 years of age. Most of the core forwards are between 18 and 23 years of age. Why should we ship out the young one?

c) Which prospect in our prospect pool comes close to replacing what we lose in Trouba? I'll answer this for you. No one.

d) Why should Winnipeg settle for two overpaid players, one of which plays a position in which our prospect pool is very strong, and a pick which doesn't help us getting to the playoffs? Why are we not getting a true core piece back, when we ship out one?

And I know you said that Helm can be swapped for someone else, but the reality is that you don't have any interesting assets outside of Larkin. We don't need your forwards, your defensive prospects are not good enough, we can't acquire a goalie at this point. There's no package you could give to us for Trouba which would make us a better team. We need a young top pairing guy back for him.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

a) If we're taking on Helm (3,8 AAV) and DDK (5 AAV), what's the point in shipping out Trouba because he asks too much money?

b) Our top 4 defensemen are 31, 31, 26 and 22 years of age. Most of the core forwards are between 18 and 23 years of age. Why should we ship out the young one?

c) Which prospect in our prospect pool comes close to replacing what we lose in Trouba? I'll answer this for you. No one.

d) Why should Winnipeg settle for two overpaid players, one of which plays a position in which our prospect pool is very strong, and a pick which doesn't help us getting to the playoffs? Why are we not getting a true core piece back, when we ship out one?

And I know you said that Helm can be swapped for someone else, but the reality is that you don't have any interesting assets outside of Larkin. We don't need your forwards, your defensive prospects are not good enough, we can't acquire a goalie at this point. There's no package you could give to us for Trouba which would make us a better team. We need a young top pairing guy back for him.

Outstanding post. ^

Maukkis sums it up perfectly. The Jets don't need forwards, nor picks or prospects given that their prospect pool is overflowing as it is, nor do they need a goalie. If Winnipeg traded Trouba, they'd need his clone in return. That is likely why the GM said he did not intend to trade Trouba.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow

Then how come Myers has more points in less games while playing both on PP and PK (besides managing to achieve in his career more than 30 points in a year)? And who is this LHD better than DDK?

a) You ship Trouba for the same reason you don't sign him: he asks for too much money too early in his career. Detroit doesn't care because they have no young D whatsoever. And DRW could take back a cap dump to equate salaries if allowed to negotiate with Trouba before trade.

b) Because you want to contend in Buff's window and defenders take more time to develop than forwards.

c) I guess Morrisey+signed DDK is a good enough option for the future.

d) Because your LHD is trash and RHD is overstacked and you want to contend. Besides you're not a cap team so you can afford to take these contract (not mentioning we could take some cap dump back).

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Then how come Myers has more points in less games while playing both on PP and PK (besides managing to achieve in his career more than 30 points in a year)? And who is this LHD better than DDK?

a) You ship Trouba for the same reason you don't sign him: he asks for too much money too early in his career. Detroit doesn't care because they have no young D whatsoever. And DRW could take back a cap dump to equate salaries if allowed to negotiate with Trouba before trade.

b) Because you want to contend in Buff's window and defenders take more time to develop than forwards.

d) Because your LHD is trash and RHD is overstacked and you want to contend. Besides you're not a cap team so you can afford to take these contract (not mentioning we could take some cap dump back).

a) What in the world... look. They are both signed for five years at a combined total of 8,8 million. Trouba, and whoever the prospect(s) is/are who would be playing in our 4th line during that time won't be as expensive together as your couple.

I get it, you are desperate to upgrade your defense, but we aren't willing to downgrade ours. We would also lose a crapton of cap flexibility later on by doing this.

b) Yeah, so why should we downgrade from Trouba to DDK? That doesn't help us contend one bit. Besides, unlike DDK, Trouba is still developing, and more importantly, he can develop with the core.

c) No top pairing guys or potential to be seen there. They are not even close to Trouba, period.

d) Trouba is not the one who will be moved to fix the handedness issues. That would be downright idiotic. And we need every bit of future cap space we can get for Ehlers, Laine, Connor, Trouba etc. Guys like Helm are not welcome to cause us cap problems down the line.

If there's a DDK-Myers swap to do, that would be very possible. But I guess Holland doesn't trade anyone anyway, so wouldn't count on it.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

The Jets don't exist to serve to help Detroit; they don't care that you have no young d-men, draft some. You are also apparently confusing that agents always ask for big money to start negotiations, then settle for a lower point.

The Jets will better contend if they don't downgrade their D by trading Trouba away.

Morrissey and Trouba is the more appealing option.

Actually, Morrissey moving into the LD and dropping Stuart down the depth chart will do just fine, thanks. No need to trade with Detroit exists from a Jets standpoint.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

If Trouba isn't your 3rd best RHD? Then why is Trouba pretty much playing bottom pairing with Stuart then. Obviously Buff and Myers are ahead of Trouba on the RHD depth chart. The only way Trouba is paired with Myers is when Trouba switches to his Leftside off hand side. If Trouba is better then say Myers then why isn't Trouba playing middle pairing minutes and Myers playing bottom pairing. DDK is far better then Stuart and Enstrom that's for sure so yes he would definitely be one of your better LHD.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Lol who else are you going to send our way, Larkin has more value then Trouba straight up. You had better be adding a decent piece here if you want Larkin and even then it's still probably no.

Fine, you don't want Trouba then. The Jets aren't the ones seeking to make a trade here. You need to overpay to get it done. Key piece for key piece.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Fine, you don't want Trouba then. The Jets aren't the ones seeking to make a trade here. You need to overpay to get it done. Key piece for key piece.

Doesn't matter if the Jets are the ones seeking a trade here, Maybe Trouba is if he doesn't get what he wants no one really knows. Trouba could seek a trade and he could say to Cheveldayoff if he doesn't get what he wants he either sits out or ask for a trade to say his hometown team Detroit. Then that takes away any leverage that Winnipeg has bottom line a Larkin for Trouba deal will never happen. Larkin has way more value then Trouba right now. So Winnipeg would definitely be adding here at least a little.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Doesn't matter if the Jets are the ones seeking a trade here, Maybe Trouba is if he doesn't get what he wants no one really knows. Trouba could seek a trade and he could say to Cheveldayoff if he doesn't get what he wants he either sits out or ask for a trade to say his hometown team Detroit. Then that takes away any leverage that Winnipeg has bottom line a Larkin for Trouba deal will never happen. Larkin has way more value then Trouba right now. So Winnipeg would definitely be adding here at least a little.

Winnipeg isn't adding a thing, because the GM has said he has no intent to trade Trouba.

If a worst case scenario occurs and he must be traded, Trouba won't dictate the location that he is traded to. Other teams will offer pieces that fit Winnipeg's needs, pieces that Detroit doesn't have (aside from Larkin).

End result: still no Trouba for you.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Winnipeg isn't adding a thing, because the GM has said he has no intent to trade Trouba.

If a worst case scenario occurs and he must be traded, Trouba won't dictate the location that he is traded to. Other teams will offer pieces that fit Winnipeg's needs, pieces that Detroit doesn't have (aside from Larkin).

End result: still no Trouba for you.

I don't care if Kevin Cheveldayoff says he's not trading Trouba, I got news for you if Chevy doesn't give Trouba what he's seeking he wont be staying in Winnipeg bottom line.

Worst case scenario Trouba is traded, So he has no choice in what team he goes to. Hate to burst your bubble but yes Trouba does have a say in where he goes. If he's traded to a team that he has no desire to play for he can sit it out and demand another trade. Trouba has tons of say where he winds up.

That's okay we just wait until Trouba becomes a UFA and then sign him for nothing.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Jesus, take no for an answer, Wings fans. We have nothing that Winnipeg wants for Trouba. I don't understand why there's still discussion or argument about it.

And yeah, we'll totally sign him as a UFA. Just like Toronto signed Stamkos. :rolleyes:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I don't care if Kevin Cheveldayoff says he's not trading Trouba, I got news for you if Chevy doesn't give Trouba what he's seeking he wont be staying in Winnipeg bottom line.

Worst case scenario Trouba is traded, So he has no choice in what team he goes to. Hate to burst your bubble but yes Trouba does have a say in where he goes. If he's traded to a team that he has no desire to play for he can sit it out and demand another trade. Trouba has tons of say where he winds up.

That's okay we just wait until Trouba becomes a UFA and then sign him for nothing.

LOL

If a big, young, top-4 D went up for auction today, teams would be lined up for his services. Detroit can't match what others would likely offer, things that fit the Jets needs.

You do realize he is years away from free agency, correct?

If Detroit is such a draw to him as you claim, why does he reside in Florida in the off-season?

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
LOL

If a big, young, top-4 D went up for auction today, teams would be lined up for his services. Detroit can't match what others would likely offer, things that fit the Jets needs.

You do realize he is years away from free agency, correct?

If Detroit is such a draw to him as you claim, why does he reside in Florida in the off-season?

:laugh:

You've heard of 3 ways they're quite common in the NHL so Detroit and another team could do a 3 way to where Trouba comes home to Detroit. Just saying.

Maybe it's a Florida family house. Who says that it's Jacob Trouba's home and i know he still spends quite a bit of time home in Michigan because my Nephew is really good friends with him and they talk quite a bit.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
:laugh:

You've heard of 3 ways they're quite common in the NHL so Detroit and another team could do a 3 way to where Trouba comes home to Detroit. Just saying.

Maybe it's a Florida family house. Who says that it's Jacob Trouba's home and i know he still spends quite a bit of time home in Michigan because my Nephew is really good friends with him and they talk quite a bit.

You are clearly one of those fans that pines for the return of the hometown boy; it rarely happens FYI, least of all under the current circumstances.

The overwhelmingly-likely scenario remains: no Trouba for you.

:(

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
You are clearly one of those fans that pines for the return of the hometown boy; it rarely happens FYI, least of all under the current circumstances.

The overwhelmingly-likely scenario remains: no Trouba for you.

:(

Yeah i guess i'm like a lot of delusional Leaf fans who think that all hometown players like Stamkos, Tavares and McDavid all want to play in Toronto one day. So that all Detroit born players that grew up diehard Red Wing fans like Trouba or Fowler wouldn't want to do the same down the road.

That's okay like i said Trouba has 4 more years to UFA Detroit will just sign him then for nothing. Because as it stands now i seriously doubt that Trouba signs long term with the Jets.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
That's okay like i said Trouba has 4 more years to UFA Detroit will just sign him then for nothing. Because as it stands now i seriously doubt that Trouba signs long term with the Jets.

That is entirely speculative at this point.

Wouldn't he more likely want to sign in his home state of Florida if he somehow got to UFA status? I ask because he owns his own home and resides there in the off-season. Maybe your nephew should have told you about that?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
That is entirely speculative at this point.

Wouldn't he more likely want to sign in his home state of Florida if he somehow got to UFA status? I ask because he owns his own home and resides there in the off-season. Maybe your nephew should have told you about that?

Sure if he would rather sign with either the Panthers or the Lightning that's fine then i can follow him more often seeing that i live in Florida as well and i'm a Tampa Bay Lightning season ticket holder either one would be fine by me. Both are far better then Detroit will ever be Detroit needs to dismantle and start their own rebuild here any ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad