Proposal: Winnipeg and Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree that it would be a tough exchange as a whole but I don't think we're the worst trading partner out there for you.

As far as I can tell, you all would be looking for a Top-6 center, and some help in goal?

If that's the case - to make the numbers work on Detroit's end, it might make more sense to so something around:

WPG
Yegeny Svechnikov
Jimmy Howard
Xavier Ouellet

DET
Trouba
Pavelec

And there might have to be a throw in on Detroit's side to get the money to work a little better here and there since we would be taking on an additional $3-4M back depending on the arbitration.

WPG would obviously get a Top-6 center prospect - a goaltender who is capable of starting and has statistically outperformed Pavelec and carries three more years to grow and develop something in house without having to stop gap over the next couple of seasons and disrupt stability. And Ouellet is our most overripe defensive prospect who is ready to take on a role in the NHL, a decent upside to him, and shoots Left and helps fill the lose of Trouba at a fraction of the cost.

EDIT
Oh - didn't realize there wasn't an arbitration for him. This is just a contract extension talk?

Nope. Jets have piles of centers and goal tending prospects.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
would the base of ryan spooner, joe morrow, edm 2nd rnd pick be enough to kick start things for Winni to make a deal with the B's?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
would the base of ryan spooner, joe morrow, edm 2nd rnd pick be enough to kick start things for Winni to make a deal with the B's?

No thanks. Don't need forwards, like at all, nor do the Jets need picks given that they've a wealth of prospects as it is. Morrow? Meh.

Not even close. Pass.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Remember this is for an unsigned Trouba.

Unsigned but still RFA for 4 more years. No thanks.

If Sproule was an expansion draft exempt left shot it might be getting close but Jets don't need quantity and they don't need Forwards.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
This is a nice trade for all the players involved.

Detroit would agree to this.
I do not think most Winnipeg fans will.

:laugh: perfect way of putting it.

100% absolute garbage for Winnipeg.

UnlawfulUniqueHawaiianmonkseal.gif

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Want to know what the Jets need? They need a signed Trouba or a left shot defenseman of similar skill/potential. They're not going to trade him for #4/5/6 types plus forwards or picks they don't need.

There are probably only a handful of options throughout the league and it takes two to tango so the other team would have to like Trouba better than their own guy.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
We all know what a top-4 Young RHD cost, see Larsson and Jones, don´t expect Jets take something less then that. It will be a 1 for 1 trade, not a package....

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
This is pretty horrible for the Jets.

There's only one way Trouba gets traded, if the relationship between him and management gets too strained.

In this case we will probably see something similar to the Subban trade, where Trouba is traded for a Dman of slightly lesser value (probably LHD but it depends who is offered).

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
To Detroit: Jacob Trouba, Andrew Copp
To Winnipeg: Anthony Mantha, Ryan Sproul and Darren Helm

If Winnipeg is unable to resign Trouba maybe they want to send him home to Detroit along with his fellow Michiganian Andrew Copp. Detroit gets a potential No. 1 to help out their troubled D-core, Jets get a potential replacement in Sproul. Mantha is another player who could make the Jets top six loaded in the future and Helm is a local boy who could be a solid bottom six addition and could give the Wings some cap relief.

Sign me up.

Phasenet

Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
This is pretty horrible for the Jets.

There's only one way Trouba gets traded, if the relationship between him and management gets too strained.

In this case we will probably see something similar to the Subban trade, where Trouba is traded for a Dman of slightly lesser value (probably LHD but it depends who is offered).

That's exactly what I mean. Maybe a Dougie Hamilton like situation happens where Jets management has their hand forced and has to make a quick trade. I know Trouba is hypothetically worth a lot more than my proposal but I think this is a very realistic last minute trade.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Trouba

3 way

To Ana:
Nyquist + Jurco

To Wpg:
Fowler + Det 2017 1st(top 7 lottery protect)

To Det:
Trouba

Ana fills forward need
Wpg gets LHD they need
Det gets young RHD from Michigan

Everybody gets what they need, everybody is oh so happy!!!!!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Want to know what the Jets need? They need a signed Trouba or a left shot defenseman of similar skill/potential. They're not going to trade him for #4/5/6 types plus forwards or picks they don't need.

There are probably only a handful of options throughout the league and it takes two to tango so the other team would have to like Trouba better than their own guy.

Not necessarily. If they want to do Lindholm for Trouba + I would deal with Anaheim - as long as the + is not too much. Just for example. I would also be interested in any of several prospects who would have the advantage of being expansion draft exempt. Prospects are always devalued at least a bit due to being prospects - that is unproven at the NHL level. So it might take an add to some of the prospects to compensate for the risk.

The thing is that there is no fire sale. Any proposal for Trouba needs to give value and it needs to address Jets needs. Top pair LHD or if a forward it has to be a strong potential 1C. What we don't need - quantity for quality, bottom 6 C or wingers of any kind.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
3 way

To Ana:
Nyquist + Jurco

To Wpg:
Fowler + Det 2017 1st(top 7 lottery protect)

To Det:
Trouba

Ana fills forward need
Wpg gets LHD they need
Det gets young RHD from Michigan

Everybody gets what they need, everybody is oh so happy!!!!!
Yeah this is pretty much the only way i see Trouba coming home to Detroit, We just don't have the LHD that Cheveldayoff would be seeking to get Trouba without including a 3rd team in the deal.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Dekeyser + Svechnikov

Dekeyser needs to be involved as the Jets need LHD. Then Detroit needs to add significantly because Trouba is younger and way better.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I do like a lot of pieces in DET that could come back. Ouellet, Smith, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Mantha are a few that come to mind. If Trouba and Copp are going to DET I think packaging up up one of those D's and on of the F's above would be a good starting point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad