Speculation: Wings spare parts at the deadline (Actually, the tank thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Not saying it's the right time or correct use of resources. But Detroit coming out of nowhere in the next few months to add both Meier and Pasta to this roster would be incredible.

I brought up Karlsson (and say what you will about him) but I’m all for making the biggest impact move possible for a player that will help for multiple seasons.

With Edvinsson and Kasper knocking on the door with ELCs and an other wise up and coming roster Yzerman is in prime position to make an aggressive move. I’d love to add Pastrank but focused on Meier + Karlsson because they are both actually available.

I’m open to any other big swing options you can find.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007

That's a lot for Chychrun.
What would the Red Wings need to include in a trade with the Coyotes? To start they’d need to add at least their 2024 first-round pick along with one of their two second-round picks for the upcoming 2023 Draft. Rounding out the deal might be William Wallinder and another decent prospect in Carter Mazur or Thomas Niederbach. Chiarot, Wallinder, Mazur, 2024 first, and a 2023 second-round pick might just be an enticing enough package to get this deal done.

I like Chy and all but no way I give up that much for him.

Reactions: SoupNazi

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't think we are sellers any more. If we trade , for exercise Sunny or Bert it might effect negative our locker room

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I acrually dont think it’s that far off for Chychrun, his contract is a big part of it.
Ideally I’d like to see something like

Bert for 1st + prospect/2nd

Wallinder, Chiarot, Niederbach, 2024 top 10 protected 1st for Chychrun
Mazur, Kubalik, 1st (Bert trade) for Meier

If we’re not going to draft high again, then we have to push to compete now when the core guys are entering their prime

23-24
Meier - Larkin - Raymond
Berggren - Kasper - Perron
Copp - Ras - Soderblom

Chych-Seider
Edvinsson-Hronek
Walman-Maatta

That roster could do some damage. Though I think we would be outbid for both players as the corpse of Ryan Oreilly just got a 1st and a 2nd.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Think this is a mistake personally. But who knows where we'll be come the trade deadline.

Unless the negotiations that allegedly weren't happening anymore progressed?

The fortress of solitude that Steve lives in makes all of these rumors and whispers very disjointed and random.
I think it's fine if you believe in the run. Also Yzerman knows more about what Bert would return than we do. Maybe teams were hesitant due to the decreased production and especially the injury woes. Wouldn't be surprised if the best offers they were getting were Leddy level returns and they don't see the effect it will have on the locker room during a playoff push as worth it. IF we can get in we have to pursue it because that playoff experience is huge for the young guys and can energize the organization as a whole.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not trading Bert is a mistake. I'm sorry, but I don't want to miss getting something when I honestly believe we are missing the playoffs. We are close now with games in hand, but we got 4 of our 5 wins against two teams in complete disarray. I want playoffs too, but I don't think we will end up making it, and if we don't trade Bert and then lose him for nothing, is not what our team needs right now. 5 wins in a row is already super good, how many are we realistically going to get. Larkin isn't going to keep scoring 1-2 goals for a long stretch here.

So lets say we make the playoffs and lost 1st round, we draft later, we gain no assets from keeping UFAs and a few playoff games don't really make a world of difference experience wise for players.

Not trying to be a downer, but a realist!

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Cross off Bert

3F59773C-FA8D-472C-9640-9D31DD652A2F.jpeg

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
If they don't trade Bertuzzi just because they want to get in as the 8th seed, that will be the most Holland-esque thing. I would start thinking differently of Yzerman's decision making. He's supposed to be patient and unafraid of making the hard decisions, and that would be the exact opposite.

Reactions: Roy S

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
I wouldn't take this all to serious. He can easily get a player in return for Bert and plug him In the lineup. Especially if he doesn't want to lose him for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad