Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Tarasenko to a 2 year deal

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
His dad died today...

Oh that's awful. 56. That's tough for Vlad.

Hopefully that doesn't crush him mentally going into the season.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1721054288211.png

In these graphs, you'll see the 3-year average and development.

Like Tarasenko is still keeping his level, and probably will until he is 34, that's exactly the point from where Perron started to regress.

1721054410833.png

Based on those curves, as Perron is 4 years older, think Tarasenko could have 3 good years left.

Reactions: Konnan511

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I don't mind using them for a quick reference but they are mainly used for dumb stuff such as oh Sanderson is obviously better than Seider cause Jfresh. That stuff is stupid.

Jfresh does it himself, and also gets butthurt if you point out something like hard usage.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't mind using them for a quick reference but they are mainly used for dumb stuff such as oh Sanderson is obviously better than Seider cause Jfresh. That stuff is stupid.

Jfresh does it himself, and also gets butthurt if you point out something like hard usage.

Yeah, that's why I look it only for forwards, because there's some sense on the ratings, which will match also with eye-test and and with other databases.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
People really need to stop using those JFresh charts for anything.

I'm pretty sure those charts are just there so people can say, "see, look, the numbers say this!", without really saying anything about the player at all. Far as I can tell most advance stats are just about shots for and against with varying degrees of difference while not really being much different at all.

Some of the cruddiest players have good "fancy" stats while looking like shit on the ice.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I'm pretty sure those charts are just there so people can say, "see, look, the numbers say this!", without really saying anything about the player at all. Far as I can tell most advance stats are just about shots for and against with varying degrees of difference while not really being much different at all.

Some of the cruddiest players have good "fancy" stats while looking like shit on the ice.

There is just too much continual chaos for most stats to really be useful until more refined analysis can happen. Baseball is a dream for analytics because you have like 250+ individual self contained events (each pitch) with defined stopping and ending points.

Football too, you’ve got like 125-150 snaps that are all self contained and if you put your focus on this area or that area you can do it

Hockey and basketball have regular faceoffs or out of bounds plays but just as often, you’ve got game flow going back and forth and line changes happening and alterations to the number of players involved (power play, pk) for hockey and fouls/timeouts for basketball

Fancy stats are at their worst when the data gets muddied like that.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Tarasenko was traded 50% retain for 2 third round picks, they just gave him away , and Yzerman just paid him the same . I don't see any logic in this sighing, we have so many kids NHL ready. I just don't get it

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I don't see any logic in this sighing, we have so many kids NHL ready. I just don't get it
I think you should know by now that they ain't handing out spot just because they seem ready. NHL is still a marathon not a sprint, playing 8 pre-season games is different than 82-game regular season. 2022-23 season Berggren is a perfect example, at the start he looked good for the first 15 games, then disappeared after that and then looked absolutely gassed out the last 15 games. Söderblom is another example how a good pre-season can be deceiving.

And Wings are trying make the playoffs, if there was a kid playing top-9+special teams minutes and he gets gassed out around 35-40 game mark. Where we gonna get a player then, without paying someone to give up one theirs? In the middle of the season? And TDL is still far away at that point and by that time if Wings were hanging on to a playoff spot, by TDL time that spot will long be gone because we would have Motte/Fischer/Veleno playing top-9 minutes.

When there is injuries, the most ready kids gets the call up and that way they can work their way in. And speaking of injuries, if Wings would have a many NHL ready kids in the lineup and a wave of injuries hits the team. Who would Wings call up then? AHL vets and non-NHL ready kids and in that case they would play top-9 minutes in the NHL and 4th liners would play top-6 minutes. And also who would replace AHL vets and non-NHL ready kids in our AHL affiliate? A bunch of ECHL players, so both teams would be crashing and burning in both leagues at the same time. Not an ideal situation.

So when there is an injury, we call up the NHL ready kid and when he gets called up, we'll still have AHL vets leading the AHL team and because of the call up, now some non-NHL ready gets try bigger minutes in AHL. And starts developing in to that role and when that NHL ready kid becomes a NHL regular. That non-NHL ready kid is more ready to play in that big role in AHL and just might continue to developing in to a NHL player.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Tarasenko was traded 50% retain for 2 third round picks, they just gave him away , and Yzerman just paid him the same . I don't see any logic in this sighing, we have so many kids NHL ready. I just don't get it

Had a no trade clause, they facilitated where he wanted to go no doubt.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think you should know by now that they ain't handing out spot just because they seem ready. NHL is still a marathon not a sprint, playing 8 pre-season games is different than 82-game regular season. 2022-23 season Berggren is a perfect example, at the start he looked good for the first 15 games, then disappeared after that and then looked absolutely gassed out the last 15 games. Söderblom is another example how a good pre-season can be deceiving.

And Wings are trying make the playoffs, if there was a kid playing top-9+special teams minutes and he gets gassed out around 35-40 game mark. Where we gonna get a player then, without paying someone to give up one theirs? In the middle of the season? And TDL is still far away at that point and by that time if Wings were hanging on to a playoff spot, by TDL time that spot will long be gone because we would have Motte/Fischer/Veleno playing top-9 minutes.

When there is injuries, the most ready kids gets the call up and that way they can work their way in. And speaking of injuries, if Wings would have a many NHL ready kids in the lineup and a wave of injuries hits the team. Who would Wings call up then? AHL vets and non-NHL ready kids and in that case they would play top-9 minutes in the NHL and 4th liners would play top-6 minutes. And also who would replace AHL vets and non-NHL ready kids in our AHL affiliate? A bunch of ECHL players, so both teams would be crashing and burning in both leagues at the same time. Not an ideal situation.

So when there is an injury, we call up the NHL ready kid and when he gets called up, we'll still have AHL vets leading the AHL team and because of the call up, now some non-NHL ready gets try bigger minutes in AHL. And starts developing in to that role and when that NHL ready kid becomes a NHL regular. That non-NHL ready kid is more ready to play in that big role in AHL and just might continue to developing in to a NHL player.
Interesting description for Czarnik and Aston-Reese...

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Same reason Edvinsson was not with Red Wings from beginning of the last season. What happened if Kasper looks better than Copp or Veleno in preseason ?

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Because most of the playoff teams buying were stacked with high caliber forwards already. We don’t have that luxury. He instantly becomes our 4th best forward.

Reactions: lilidk

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Interesting description for Czarnik and Aston-Reese...
I was describing Edvinsson. Czarnik and ZAR got called up because Kasper and Mazur werent ready.
Same reason Edvinsson was not with Red Wings from beginning of the last season. What happened if Kasper looks better than Copp or Veleno in preseason ?
Veleno is meaningless, Kasper is competing with Copp. He's playing those meaningful minutes. Since Kasper wasn't ready to play any games in NHL last season, i think the best thing what Kasper can achieve in preseason is that he becomes 1st call up. Kasper plays the season in GR and gets called up when there is injuries and there he can really prove is he ready or not, just like Edvinsson did this season and during next the offseason Yzerman gets rid of bodies if it's necessary or some bodies move down in the lineup and they let UFAs walk.

There ain't going to be a line full of kids up at once, they gonna bring them in one by one. For next season it's Ed, AlJo and Berggren if you want to count him as well, not really kid but not a regular either. After next season it will be Kasper's and Mazur's turn, i assume both will earn the call up when there is injuries this preseason. And the season after that, Danielson & Wallinder will be the call up's. And the year after that, MBN & ASP. Cossa's timeline is a bit harder to predict, if he's having goalie of the year type season, he might be a backup next season or he will be a "3rd goalie" in 2025-26 and will get called up occasionally. Back up starting from 2026-27 season, this way Augustine would get to play the next two seasons in NCAA as a starter and then GR's starter from 2026-27, when Cossa is out of the way. That would sound logical.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I was describing Edvinsson. Czarnik and ZAR got called up because Kasper and Mazur werent ready.

Veleno is meaningless, Kasper is competing with Copp. He's playing those meaningful minutes. Since Kasper wasn't ready to play any games in NHL last season, i think the best thing what Kasper can achieve in preseason is that he becomes 1st call up. Kasper plays the season in GR and gets called up when there is injuries and there he can really prove is he ready or not, just like Edvinsson did this season and during next the offseason Yzerman gets rid of bodies if it's necessary or some bodies move down in the lineup and they let UFAs walk.

There ain't going to be a line full of kids up at once, they gonna bring them in one by one. For next season it's Ed, AlJo and Berggren if you want to count him as well, not really kid but not a regular either. After next season it will be Kasper's and Mazur's turn, i assume both will earn the call up when there is injuries this preseason. And the season after that, Danielson & Wallinder will be the call up's. And the year after that, MBN & ASP. Cossa's timeline is a bit harder to predict, if he's having goalie of the year type season, he might be a backup next season or he will be a "3rd goalie" in 2025-26 and will get called up occasionally. Back up starting from 2026-27 season, this way Augustine would get to play the next two seasons in NCAA as a starter and then GR's starter from 2026-27, when Cossa is out of the way. That would sound logical.
They were plenty ready. Nearly every team in the league calls up "unready" kids due to injuries. It's only an issue if they stay up all year getting dumpstered. But a week or two now and then is perfectly fine.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
They were plenty ready. Nearly every team in the league calls up "unready" kids due to injuries. It's only an issue if they stay up all year getting dumpstered. But a week or two now and then is perfectly fine.
If they were ready they would have been called up, all the others teams can do whatever they want. Our brass has different plans.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If they were ready they would have been called up, all the others teams can do whatever they want. Our brass has different plans.
That's a load of tautological horse shit.

The decision that was made was the right decision because they made it.

Reactions: DoMakc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad