Prospect Info: Wings Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Just found a cool picture of Buchelnikov, Finnie, James, and Cleveland training this offseason. I don’t think anybody has to be nervous about Buchelnikov not wanting to come over. He’s still a project, but the skill is through the roof. Also might as well pencil in William Horcoff as our draft selection next year, he’s the guy all the way on the left :sarcasm:

Nice of them to include an actual small child to make Buch not appear so small and young

Reactions: Astyanax

Christien

May 1, 2010
Why is nothing about development camp?
They posted about it earlier today, but they didn't say much. The article says that it takes place tomorrow through July 5th, and the players will be split into 2 teams. The 3 on 3 tournament will be streamed via their YouTube and Facebook on July 5th at 8:30 AM.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nothing has changed.

In Danielson, I just see easy transition player, which will add one easy transition line to Red Wings lineup from the day 1 he arrives.

From a team of good Top6 and transition working of half of the lineup, getting that 3rd line to be able for easy transition, will make us a contender.

You can put him with a guys like Copp and Fischer on his wing, and the like still works.

I've said this earlier and you did read it from first.

Last edited:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I mean, we also had Ed (29) , MBN (39), and ASP (37) on the list too. Not sure why you left them off.
Yeah and I agree those are pretty in line with where a lot of us would rank them. I think though there’s a general board consensus that Danielson is our best prospect so seeing him at 49 may be a bit disappointing.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Yeah and I agree those are pretty in line with where a lot of us would rank them. I think though there’s a general board consensus that Danielson is our best prospect so seeing him at 49 may be a bit disappointing.
Fortunately Scott Wheeler's opinion has virtually no impact on what player Danielson will become. He looks great to me and seems to have a bright future in Detroit. He's one of many reasons to be optimistic.

Reactions: Zaronji and Realgud

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Honestly my biggest annoyance is with Ed's ranking. He's clearly below Celebrini for me but that's about it. Maybe that's a homer opinion, but honestly, if you offered me 2nd overall this year for Ed, I'd be pretty torn. I'd probably take the trade, but it would be a coin flip.

Am I way off thinking that?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Honestly my biggest annoyance is with Ed's ranking. He's clearly below Celebrini for me but that's about it. Maybe that's a homer opinion, but honestly, if you offered me 2nd overall this year for Ed, I'd be pretty torn. I'd probably take the trade, but it would be a coin flip.

Am I way off thinking that?
The slow-roll of Ed has seriously degraded the public perception of him.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Wheeler usually half-assing those lists by pasting his ranking for the latest draft in front of previous year's list, so I'm sutprised somebody is paying attention to those.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013

No, it's not in the least disappointing. A) Ed is no longer considered a prospect here and there is actually very little distance in complete league ranking between 37 OA and 49 OA. It's a differentiation by small margins, completely subjective. B) Consider the source. Wheeler had Danielson at 20th OA in his final 2023 Draft ranking, behind ASP (16th). His ranking of Danielson was among the lowest by public prognosticators. Nothing has changed for Wheeler. He has been down on Danielson for a while.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The slow-roll of Ed has seriously degraded the public perception of him.

Yeah, that's funny.

Edvinsson is not really far away from what Seider was at same age, when entering on his second season. It's just those 57 NHL games missing.

I just did a simple math of merging Seider's first AHL-season + SHL and did same for Ed. Seider production 0.53 per game and Edvinsson production 0.47 per game. Don't know about PP roles, wihich is big factor for scoring, but I'm sure if either one got less PP time, it has been Ed.

And Edvinsson was more hyped pre-draft. Comparable was Victor Hedman nothing less. Seider has had "same" comparisons, but never pre-draft. The hype started the mold after we saw him playing for 1-2 seasons.

How big instant impact Seider did, I could expect same from Edvinsson, as he has now full healthy off-season to prepare for NHL. At last off-season he had that injury.

Age-vise, Edvinsson's next season is comparable for Seider entering his 2nd season. And the NHL experience difference is 57 games.

These guys are our highest-drafted players, and they will do an instant impact. No one should be surprised, when highest drafted guys do that biggest career jump, but I understand how many people have this "believe when I see it" attitude.

I like to predict things. That's my job.

Last edited:

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Yeah, that's funny.

Edvinsson is not really far away from what Seider was at same age, when entering on his second season. It's just those 57 NHL games missing.

I just did a simple math of merging Seider's first AHL-season + SHL and did same for Ed. Seider production 0.53 per game and Edvinsson production 0.47 per game. Don't know about PP roles, wihich is big factor for scoring, but I'm sure if either one got less PP time, it has been Ed.

And Edvinsson was more hyped pre-draft. Comparable was Victor Hedman nothing less. Seider has had "same" comparisons, but never pre-draft. The hype started the mold after we saw him playing for 1-2 seasons.

How big instant impact Seider did, I could expect same from Edvinsson, as he has now full healthy off-season to prepare for NHL. At last off-season he had that injury.

Age-vise, Edvinsson's next season is comparable for Seider entering his 2nd season. And the NHL experience difference is 57 games.

These guys are our highest-drafted players, and they will do an instant impact. No one should be surprised, when highest drafted guys do that biggest career jump, but I understand how many people have this "believe when I see it" attitude.

I like to predict things. That's my job.
which is huge if those are 57 out of 82, because you are also missing results like ... a Calder Trophy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad