GDT: Wings @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG+2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
9 shots on one of the worst teams in the league, who have probably the worst head coach in the league and also played yesterday in another city and had to fly here.

The Ruff times are begging to be over at this point.

Reactions: KristichBabych

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Those are the kinds of nothing offsides that don't have anything to do with the goal itself. I hate that those are a thing.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
All I hear about is how great Tom Fitzgerald is

Now, I don't have a problem with anything he's done, but I personally would say that opinion would go a complete 180 if this staff is retained.

It would be a HARD TURN for him and a deserved one if he can't go into next season with a new staff.
Fitz to me is doing great work, seems to have a vision and a plan for how he wants to build the team. I've loved most of his moves so far and I'll honestly be pretty upset if he's let go anytime soon.

Him keeping the staff would be a huge head scratcher for me but I still wouldn't want him canned. If he doesn't get results with good goaltending and this summer's adds and STILL keeps the staff a few months in, then I'll get concerned.

I understand that the best moment to fire a coach is during the off-season, but I really believe in what Fitz is doing right now.

Reactions: Dialamo

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I still don’t see what is added to the game by having the offsides challenge. Would Detroit fans feel cheated because we scored when the play was offsides by 2 inches? Who cares? Why does this need to be a thing?
That one embrassing goal by Colorado(??) was why they instituted it irc, gambling is the only feasible reason to keep it imo.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
6FE8085B-2100-4CCF-A583-53B56D260ADA.jpeg

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
9 shots on one of the worst teams in the league, who have probably the worst head coach in the league and also played yesterday in another city and had to fly here.

The Ruff times are begging to be over at this point.
I understand you want Ruff out (as we mostly all do) but not having our 2 top C's and half the team being sick doesn't help.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fitz to me is doing great work, seems to have a vision and a plan for how he wants to build the team. I've loved most of his moves so far and I'll honestly be pretty upset if he's let go anytime soon.

Him keeping the staff would be a huge head scratcher for me but I still wouldn't want him canned. If he doesn't get results with good goaltending and this summer's adds and STILL keeps the staff a few months in, then I'll get concerned.

I understand that the best moment to fire a coach is during the off-season, but I really believe in what Fitz is doing right now.
He totally loses me if he can't see this staff needs to go.

And it was a questionable hire (I think RUFF SUCKS, he was OVERRATED with Buffalo) for me, but it's unacceptable to let him come back for a year 3 after these last two years. We were on pace for 66 points last year (if it were 82 games), we're on pace for 65 this year. This is the worst points wise since 85-86.

This staff doesn't deserve a year 3.

And if he gets fired (Fitzgerald) for keeping Ruff too long you'll know why he got fired.

He did it to himself if that happens.

And I've maintained for months now that It wouldn't surprise me if Tom Fitzgerald is merely a Gerald Ford just serving the last half of Shero's second term.

Everything from the strange 1 year GM contract, but multiple years as a employee, the abrupt Shero firing, only to hire his right hand man, etc.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

He has done a solid job for the most part In my view. I‘m not sure canning Ruff in season would have mattered. I’m not thrilled with his later round drafting so far. I do think he mishandled Blackwood but obviously we are speculating.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I'm so f***ing tired of arguing about this rule, I'm tried of explaining why it's awful while people say dumb shit like "just don't go offside". Can't f***ing believe it's still on the books. Everytime some douchy coach takes a goal away because he has the advantage of instant replay while the refs don't it just makes me not want to watch hockey for a while.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I understand you want Ruff out (as we mostly all do) but not having our 2 top C's and half the team being sick doesn't help.
So? Look who we're playing. We were really winning a lot of games when Hughes was healthy.

God help us if that is what Fitz says when he decides not to fire Ruff.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I know Jack and Nico are out but seeing Bratt go cold latley is not a good sign to close out the year. We know how streaky Bratt can be , it's not nearly as bad as Zacha or Johonsson but still. Bratt is arguably our 2nd best forward and he can't be playing like this without Nico or Jack. He needs to be leaned on like Hughes to spark our offense everytime he is out there. Not every few shifts like it has been the last few games. I'm not sure what injury held him out yesterday so he could be playing through something but than again its late in the season and alot of players are not 100%...

Reactions: mdj12784

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I still don’t see what is added to the game by having the offsides challenge. Would Detroit fans feel cheated because we scored when the play was offsides by 2 inches? Who cares? Why does this need to be a thing?
Refs should get like 30 seconds to look at in full speed and if they cant tell then the call on the ice stands. Makes it so the Duchene type goals dont happen but good playoff games dont go for 10 minute review sessions either.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
He totally loses me if he can't see this staff needs to go.

And it was a questionable hire (I think RUFF SUCKS, he was OVERRATED with Buffalo) for me, but it's unacceptable to let him come back for a year 3 after these last two years. We were on pace for 66 points last year (if it were 82 games), we're on pace for 65 this year. This is the worst points wise since 85-86.

This staff doesn't deserve a year 3.

And if he gets fired (Fitzgerald) for keeping Ruff too long you'll know why he got fired.

He did it to himself if that happens.

And I've maintained for months now that It wouldn't surprise me if Tom Fitzgerald is merely a Gerald Ford just serving the last half of Shero's second term.

Everything from the strange 1 year GM contract, but multiple years as a employee, the abrupt Shero firing, only to hire his right hand man, etc.
I fully understand you and I want the staff canned too. I'm just saying that if they aren't fired it wouldn't be grounds for me for Fitz to be fired. Who would you like behind the bench? I'm really intrigued by Montgomery...

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I know Jack and Nico are out but seeing Bratt go cold latley is not a good sign to close out the year. We know how streaky Bratt can be , it's not nearly as bad as Zacha or Johonsson but still. Bratt is arguably our 2nd best forward and he can't be playing like this without Nico or Jack. He needs to be leaned on like Hughes to spark our offense everytime he is out there. Not every few shifts like it has been the last few games. I'm not sure what injury held him out yesterday so he could be playing through something but than again its late in the season and alot of players are not 100%...
He’s got a non-Covid illness. I’ll guess he was nice enough to share it with Hischier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad