GDT: Wings @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
He has done a solid job for the most part In my view. I‘m not sure canning Ruff in season would have mattered. I’m not thrilled with his later round drafting so far. I do think he mishandled Blackwood but obviously we are speculating.
No quarter..... all these bums need to go plus a lot of behind the scene people we don't know about🙃

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I fully understand you and I want the staff canned too. I'm just saying that if they aren't fired it wouldn't be grounds for me for Fitz to be fired. Who would you like behind the bench? I'm really intrigued by Montgomery...
I'd like to see who is available first.

Montgomery? He did pretty well last time he replaced Ruff (well there was one of year Hitchcock in between) but his full year there they were outshot a whole lot and he thought playing Roman Polak a decent amount of minutes was a good idea. That's why I'm skeptical of him.

Bringing Ruff back wouldn't be the grounds for terminating Fitz, but if it blows up in his face and the season is done by November-January again, I'd hope his seat was cinging his asshairs by that point.

If we could see that Ruff (and Recchi) needs to go, there's no reason why the guy getting paid over a million a year to be the GM can't also see that.

Reactions: Devs3cups

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
I fully understand you and I want the staff canned too. I'm just saying that if they aren't fired it wouldn't be grounds for me for Fitz to be fired. Who would you like behind the bench? I'm really intrigued by Montgomery...
Kirk Muller would be perfect for a young team imo. I like Montgomery as well

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ

Montgomery? He did pretty well last time he replaced Ruff (well there was one of year Hitchcock in between) but his full year there they were outshot a whole lot and he thought playing Roman Polak a decent amount of minutes was a good idea. That's why I'm skeptical of him.

Bringing Ruff back wouldn't be the grounds for terminating Fitz, but if it blows up in his face and the season is done by November-January again, I'd hope his seat was cinging his asshairs by that point.

If we could see that Ruff (and Recchi) needs to go, there's no reason why the guy getting paid over a million a year to be the GM can't also see that.
He sees it ....he is hiding under his desk right now

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Singing.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Refs should get like 30 seconds to look at in full speed and if they cant tell then the call on the ice stands. Makes it so the Duchene type goals dont happen but good playoff games dont go for 10 minute review sessions either.

My bigger pet peeve about the challenge stuff is that the coaching staff shouldn't be able to review it for a few mins before challenging. Should be a clock to drop the puck to force them to challenge in under 30 seconds.

Reactions: FinnishDevil

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
My bigger pet peeve about the challenge stuff is that the coaching staff shouldn't be able to review it for a few mins before challenging. Should be a clock to drop the puck to force them to challenge in under 30 seconds.

They should have to challenge it as soon as it happens. Live. Not wait until a goal is scored. If it's an egregious offiside, challenge it right away. If it was too close for you to challenge live, you don't get to squint at a replay only after a goal is scored.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are we actually playing the stupid Hynes low-event turtle the last two days? Because there was a time in December (when Blackwood was really starting to implode) where it certainly seemed like we were doing it for 3 games.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
99A9593E-6A3A-4F7D-9CC4-244F5A0A5BED.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad