Post-Game Talk: wing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I never liked the Panarin idea. Panarin is good but he's also like, notoriously not easy to play with which is why we have to tiptoe around him so much.
He sure isn't. He needs a straight forward kind of player that just gets out of his way (A Blackwell type). Laf is lost around him. Having both of them on the line doesn't make sense.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This is a really good point. I actually think the idea how this team was constructed cap wise was good, but the flat cap screwed us big time. Without flat cap maybe we have a Buch, a Motte + additional D depth on our team. I know other teams are affected as well, but we were just coming out of a rebuild, having given out big contracts to players so the flat cap really hit us hart. Rebuilding teams on the other hand have benefitted from the flat cap. Sucks but it is what it is.
So what? Other teams would fill holes too...

Jesus.

We're not the only ones getting more cap in this scenario

FFS

Done. I'll collect in April.
No prob

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They played game 1 like they were on a mission. Colorado did that for the entire year last year. I get they are gonna have a few stinkers over the course of 82 it's natural based on physical and mental fatigue. They are just completely disengaged. Fox was in no man's land trying to cover Larkin who had 2 sticks in his lane while Kubalik was naked back door.
How many games this year have they been outclassed? Not many and certainly not this one. They got a point and Fox had a great game overall. Players make mistakes and shit happens in hockey. I choose not to overreact to every bad play and loss. This game was there for the taking but sometimes we think other teams players don't get paid. Detroit has been good and are 7-3-2. It is what it is. It's going to be a slog this year it seems but I still think they make the playoffs.

Reactions: egelband

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
He still has been nowhere near last year's performance. His goals against and save % are much worse than last year.

Yes but we’re probably looking almost an identical record with Shesty performing just as well as he did last year.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hot take: I actually haven't hated Panarin and Zibanejad together in glimpses.

If anything, I think it leaves too many holes elsewhere, but I wouldn't mind giving it a whole look over a whole game.

The main problem I see is that when that's the first line, Jerome (or whatever the f*** our coach's name is) has trouble picking three other lines and it ends up being a random mishmash where we have zero lines.

Panarin-Zib-Vesey
Lafreniere-Trocheck-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
Blais and friends

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
biggest mistake is not playing Kakko. This guy has had confidence issues but when he plays well he has all the confidence. You absolutely play Kakko in OT. WTF

He was probably set to come out as the 3rd pair but then the penalty was called.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Hot take: I actually haven't hated Panarin and Zibanejad together in glimpses.

If anything, I think it leaves too many holes elsewhere, but I wouldn't mind giving it a whole look over a whole game.

The main problem I see is that when that's the first line, Jerome (or whatever the f*** our coach's name is) has trouble picking three other lines and it ends up being a random mishmash where we have zero lines.

Panarin-Zib-Vesey
Lafreniere-Trocheck-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
Blais and friends

Why would you separate Kak and Zibanejad? The clear answer is Laf / Zib / Kak.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
He sure isn't. He needs a straight forward kind of player that just gets out of his way (A Blackwell type). Laf is lost around him. Having both of them on the line doesn't make sense.
Flipping Kakko and Laf solves this problem.

Zib and Kreider are straight line players. Laf had succeeded their before.

Kakko was great even last year in his small stint with Panarin/Strome. 8 points in 8 games if I recall.

I can’t understand why we aren’t trying that again.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Flipping Kakko and Laf solves this problem.

Zib and Kreider are straight line players. Laf had succeeded their before.

Kakko was great even last year in his small stint with Panarin/Strome. 8 points in 8 games if I recall.

I can’t understand why we aren’t trying that again.
Gallant decided that Laf and Kakko don't do #things on those lines and they're also not doing enough #stuff.

Lafreniere doesn't have enough intentions to play right wing.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad