Post-Game Talk: wing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They would really benefit if Laf, Kreider and Blais improved from non-factor to factor and Kravtsov from liability to non-factor. They didn’t budget for so many forwards disappointing.
Also Trouba and Miller sucking as well. Looks like pretty much everyone has regressed aside from Kakko. Panarin started hot but he's been sinking lately, same with Zibanejad.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This one is for all those who thought the kids would have massive strides, the vets (Kreider) wouldn't regress and we'd stay relatively healthy.

SHIT

SHOW

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They have played more games, so their destiny (lol I know it's November) is not in their hands. But come December, if they are NOT in, then it's not a good look and will be a fcking slog on the ice to get back and this place will be a sewer. All worries go away when they go away though.
It already is a sewer.

And I think it comes down to this idea (not you personally, of course, but you know what I'm saying) of "well I don't wanna be stressed out in March."

Buddy, you're gonna be stressed out in May anyway. If you want an easy hobby, do jigsaw puzzles.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There needs to be more from the leadership group. It just seems like they crumble instead of stepping up and inspiring.

That post-game interview from Mika was depressing.

Trouba has just been saying "we'll figure it out. We'll keep talking about it."

I had a feeling we'd take a step back after the success last year, and, unfortunately, it's proven to be the case.

Last year they somehow didn't crumble. This year the team lacks heart. I do think part of it was that last year they would get back into a lot of games on a PP that's automatic and this year it's been average.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Absolutely sucks that we sent Othmann back to juniors. We could use him.
If you think 19 year old othmann is the guy to look at to help this you're in error. This team
We were lucky to get a point; amazing that Halak at his age performed as well as he did. He gave us a chance. We were crap and totally dominated and outchanced outside the first period. No way we’ll get anywhere if we don’t start winning these games. We don’t take “should win” games seriously. If we’re not in a much better place by thanksgiving, this season is done.
Sounds like what I've been saying here for a couple weeks now, I love vally bc he hasn't been muzzled by msg yet. Guy is genuine and he knows what this team is doing is unacceptable regardless of the excuses posters here keep making as to why things are okay when they arent.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
My expert analysis is yikes.

Kakko is the only forward capable of generating at 5on5 consistently. Sometimes Panarin. Not sure how to fix that without doing something drastic.
1. It's mental. There are a LOT of coasting veterans right now who are not putting in the shifts they are paid to do.

2. The lack of proper structure (weak X and O coaching, in all zones) is really biting the team and not helping the players at all.

Fox physically bumped into Zib and Panarin at different times. The team should not look this disjointed at this stage of the season. I think point 2 is leading to point 1. You don't have to be Barry Trotz and bore the team to death with attention to detail, but you can't be at the other end either.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
We looked like the fastest team in the league the first week....what happene
Other teams started playing defense and playing with structure. Just like I was saying skill should outplay teams lacking structure early in the year, but once teams start to settle into their structure you can't just rely on skill without effort and structure to win games. You're seeing other teams get better in their own games while the rangers are treading water

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Just finished watching
Glad GG demoted kreider but the 3rd period lineup didnt make sense
KK and Pan should never play together
They both want the puck on their stick
Laf and pan should have been switched or Kk and goody
And why completely bench Jones?
Fox was gassed at the end
And then GG starts kreid over Kk in OT
Ugh

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Remember when everyone bitched at Dom L when he said this might not be a playoff team if the kids aren’t stars?

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Its time for Kreider to show up,

Also, Im glad that Laf is willing to play RW and worked on it in the offseason apparently, but he doesnt look good there. Its not worth stunting his growth by forcing him to play the off wing where he looks invisible

And as its been said by a few and I agree, our defense needs to contribute more offensively

They need to change the lines because its not working

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Last year they somehow didn't crumble. This year the team lacks heart. I do think part of it was that last year they would get back into a lot of games on a PP that's automatic and this year it's been average.
Bunch of bull. Last years team played atrociously the first 30 games and Shesty saved their bacon. If he didn't you would be saying the same thing last year. The team is actually playing better this year. The only difference is that Shesty doesn't have a .940 save %.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
They are 2 games above NHL .500 with 2 more points than games played. Over an 82 game season that's 95 points. There are 5 teams in the east with more points, 2 of which have only 1 more point. They are not playing particularly well but they are not being dominating either. People are overreacting as usual.
The team is really fortunate that nearly every other team has had a slow start.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Even if they reunite the Kid Line, that’ll leave two gaping holes at RW in the top-6.

If I see Goodrow or Blais getting top-6 mins, I will vomit. Try Gauthier. At least he can crash the net and screen the goalie when Panarin shoots the puck. And I’d say Kravtsov, but he would put probably get injured in the locker room.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We looked like the fastest team in the league the first week....what happene
Our powerplay started the year like 11 for 10.

I'm always open to criticisms of the team but it's amazing how much goals skew things.

This is a good example. This team has been slow for years.

If we're making an effort to play heavier and slow the game down, that's probably necessary.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Bunch of bull. Last years team played atrociously the first 30 games and Shesty saved their bacon. If he didn't you would be saying the same thing last year. The team is actually playing better this year. The only difference is that Shesty doesn't have a .940 save %.

Shesty helped too but I was talking about specifically coming back from games over and over. That takes more than Shesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad