Post-Game Talk: wing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This team just needs to score a bit more and capitalize on when they're carrying play.

Lafreniere hasn't been good enough for a team that really didn't have enough scoring talent coming in. We needed to get away from the Globetrotters shit but Trocheck is an offensive downgrade on Strome, which I knew and pretty much accept.

I find it odd that people are criticizing the cycle-heavy, pass back to the point offense because

1) let's be honest, you guys hate the rush offense too. I think this board won't be happy until we're scoring 6 goals a game but solely by intimidating the other team into voluntary own goals. No finesse, just goals.

2) that's probably how we have to play. We're a heavy, slow team now and other than Panarin, the AV shit probably has to go for us to see success.

I would stick with it and continue to get better at it over the season. The adaptations they're making are actually smart and necessary. It just takes longer than 13 games to evolve.

And you know what? Back to the point and rip is going to produce fewer goals than the twirly shit that we -and I cannot stress this enough- ALSO COMPLAINED ABOUT!! But that's the team we have. A slower-than-death Kings team won two Cups doing it, one of those Cups coming after a FORTY-TWO LOSS regular season but what do I know?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Let's be clear, the penalty on Miller WAS a penalty. The call on Fox from earlier in the game is a different story. But the Miller play was absolutely a penalty. Could they have called it even up because why was the stick in there in the first place? Sure. But Miller was forced to do that because he coughed the puck up in the worst part of the ice, so of course he's going to get called. But seriously, by that point in the game, with how crappy this team is playing. With how poor we are when it comes to the details fo the game, does it even f* matter?????? Gallant is officially on my get your S* together list. It's egregious how poorly this team is playing when it comes to playing smart, structured hockey. Why the heck does Kreider get to right back out there in OT?

BTW -- Panarin could have been called for 2 too many men penalties towards the end of that game. Jumped on way too early, twice. And it could have been called. This team plays with zero discipline. And it need to change.

I know everyone thinks Trotz is a boring hockey coach, but he was the only one who could get Ovy a Cup. He would fix this team in 30 games. Guaranteed.
Trotz would give this team some much needed structure. Winning isn't boring to me.

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Trouba continues to be a disaster.

In my mind I hope Dolan fired the previous group because of this sign and trade. Just a devastating add for this group, and now he's wearing the C.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Not one Ranger playee in that lockeroom (short of Fox and Kakko) should have the balls to look Halak in the eye right now.

You need to eat points on home stands.

This dirty diaper of a team is unwatchable.

LAF is lost.
Kreider is neutered
Miller is meh.

No doubt in my mind this team will be fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot at best.

DO NOT TRADE THOSE FIRSTS CHRIS

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Let's be clear, the penalty on Miller WAS a penalty. The call on Fox from earlier in the game is a different story. But the Miller play was absolutely a penalty. Could they have called it even up because why was the stick in there in the first place? Sure. But Miller was forced to do that because he coughed the puck up in the worst part of the ice, so of course he's going to get called. But seriously, by that point in the game, with how crappy this team is playing. With how poor we are when it comes to the details fo the game, does it even f* matter?????? Gallant is officially on my get your S* together list. It's egregious how poorly this team is playing when it comes to playing smart, structured hockey. Why the heck does Kreider get to right back out there in OT?

BTW -- Panarin could have been called for 2 too many men penalties towards the end of that game. Jumped on way too early, twice. And it could have been called. This team plays with zero discipline. And it need to change.

I know everyone thinks Trotz is a boring hockey coach, but he was the only one who could get Ovy a Cup. He would fix this team in 30 games. Guaranteed.

Might I add:

You can't say you would trade a Giants Super Bowl or a Yankees World Series win for a Rangers Stanley Cup, and then in that same breath be aghast with Trotz behind the bench because it's "boring hockey."

Reactions: gravey9

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I posted about this earlier today but the dmen are really hurting us with their lack of contribution. Miller’s offensive side of the game is a mess right now. Trouba none.

Really really disappointed in Zac Jones. He’s brought zero offense and he’s been down right lazy defensively. He deserved to sit.

Have to get a lot more from the dmen. 1 goal between 6 guys? Ridiculous

Lafreniere has just been completely snake but and lately he’s just taking a lot of mins off. He should be put on the third line going forward.

Not getting anything from Kreider is killing this team. Not one tip goal yet. That’s brutal.

There’s not much to like about this team right now. I haven’t even really liked shesterkin’s game. He pretty much lost the bruins game for us.

The metro is going to be a dogfight. We can’t afford to not get two pts at home. Too many good teams

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Positive is if you’re going to lose you might as well do it in OT. Kakko looked excellent. He’s legitimately one of the top 3 forwards on this team.

The big issue with me is they’re finding ways to lose and beating themselves. They’re a good team and they’re just not playing up to their potential. Vally is nailing it on the postgame with the idea that a young team that has success ahead of schedule in the playoffs coming in the next season and not playing up to their game and dropping points to inferior opponents. That whole “we’ll turn it on in the playoffs when it matters” mentality. Not good. You do that and your mental side is so off you won’t even make the playoffs. They need to realize they need to play every opponent as if it’s the Avs or Tampa.

• Love
Reactions: egelband and CLW

Deleted member 23124

Team plays to damn passive. Gallant needs to be FIRED!! That OT goal is everything that is wrong with this team. Trouba stands still and doesn't attack Perron and he picks them apart with that pass. If Trouba attacks him he never makes that pass. Every team in the league attacks us on the powerplay and makes it tough, but we sit back and let teams tick tack toe us. The coach sucks, we need Barry Trotz!!!
There isn't a coach in the world that can get this bunch to change....the "passive pretty play" is ingrained in their DNA....no matter who's behind the bench, they're going to go for the tic-tac-toe, back door play every time.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
And you know what? Back to the point and rip is going to produce fewer goals than the twirly shit that we -and I cannot stress this enough- ALSO COMPLAINED ABOUT!! But that's the team we have. A slower-than-death Kings team won two Cups doing it, one of those Cups coming after a FORTY-TWO LOSS regular season but what do I know?
Yeah, they had a great coach.

There's a difference of being slow and playing slow. Playing slow is the issue.

I posted about this earlier today but the dmen are really hurting us with their lack of contribution. Miller’s offensive side of the game is a mess right now. Trouba none.

Really really disappointed in Zac Jones. He’s brought zero offense and he’s been down right lazy defensively. He deserved to sit.

Have to get a lot more from the dmen. 1 goal between 6 guys? Ridiculous

Lafreniere has just been completely snake but and lately he’s just taking a lot of mins off. He should be put on the third line going forward.

Not getting anything from Kreider is killing this team. Not one tip goal yet. That’s brutal.

There’s not much to like about this team right now. I haven’t even really liked shesterkin’s game. He pretty much lost the bruins game for us.

The metro is going to be a dogfight. We can’t afford to not get two pts at home. Too many good teams
I'd 100% trade for Chychrun @ 50% . Do whatever it takes

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
This team just needs to score a bit more and capitalize on when they're carrying play.

Lafreniere hasn't been good enough for a team that really didn't have enough scoring talent coming in. We needed to get away from the Globetrotters shit but Trocheck is an offensive downgrade on Strome, which I knew and pretty much accept.

I find it odd that people are criticizing the cycle-heavy, pass back to the point offense because

1) let's be honest, you guys hate the rush offense too. I think this board won't be happy until we're scoring 6 goals a game but solely by intimidating the other team into voluntary own goals. No finesse, just goals.

2) that's probably how we have to play. We're a heavy, slow team now and other than Panarin, the AV shit probably has to go for us to see success.

I would stick with it and continue to get better at it over the season. The adaptations they're making are actually smart and necessary. It just takes longer than 13 games to evolve.

Nailed it.

This is reminding me of the letdown 1992-1993 season after a surprise 1991-1992 campaign. We all know what happened next. Get ready for a lot of the youth to get dealt next offseason but win a Cup.

At least this time around let's be smart about it and keep both 2023 1st's and continue to backfill with high end cheap talent.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
At this point, the only positive that I see is that a medicore season makes it more likely that we keep our first round picks. We need to replenish our prospect pool. Hopefully with Drury in charge our drafting will improve.

I have no faith in this team not either picking a bust or ruining the player they take. This entire franchise is cursed.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
This is appearing more and more to be a system-wide failure; defence is poor, top lines are exceptionally variable in how they 'show up' and GGs shuffling of the lines tonight may have been the "tell" that he's at his wits end on how to generate some "chemistry" amongst the players. TBH his own coaching has been suspect with over-playing some who are evidently NOT deserving of ice-time.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC

Team just has to figure that out quick. Too many good teams in the East. Catching up is a dangerous game to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad