Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

spits

Jul 24, 2013
A solid win. The squad is playing great in the defensive zone, credit to Walters for getting the guys to buy into his system.

This offense is gonna be among the best in the league, so many players that can score. Protas was outstanding. He is going to be a beast for us this season. One player that is improved in all aspects of their game is Nesbitt. 6 points already and will continue to get better. I predict he will end up being a 1st round pick. No goals for Belchetz tonight, but he had 3 great scoring chances, no concerns there.

Hoping the best for Outwater, feel bad for him with all these injuries. He was playing good and poised for a breakout season.

Mathurin is the best defensive d- man on the squad, no doubt. Spellacy is definitely going to have a dominating season.

The schedule now increases in difficulty with Brantford, Erie, Brampton, and Oshawa, all contenders, in the next few weeks.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Well pick one is he a defensive d man or an offensive d man? You’re not giving an answer. I think you’d be the first to call him a defensive d man

He's an offensive d-man who's going to play a simple, but (now) effective defensive game. Little has changed from that since his pre-OHL scouting report (which can be found online for free).

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
He's an offensive d-man who's going to play a simple, but (now) effective defensive game. Little has changed from that since his pre-OHL scouting report (which can be found online for free).
I know this. Windsor7 likes to downplay anything cristoforo does. He’s always been an offensive minded d but it’s very clear over the summer he worked on his defensive game

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I know this. Windsor7 likes to downplay anything cristoforo does. He’s always been an offensive minded d but it’s very clear over the summer he worked on his defensive game
It’s a two way street, ohltg thinks everyone is a super stud, they counter each other well

Reactions: frontsfan67

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Big shutout for Costanzo. I missed some of the game, but to get him a shutout is something I couldn’t even dream up last year. Just with confidence alone that should help. GAA now sub 2.00, he’s also racked up 3 Wins.

Gaymes had a game. Gritty goal, and was responsible digging the puck free and hitting a crisp pass on Nesbitt. May have some trouble slotting in guys up front, everyone has been contributing.

Belchetz, Abraham, Morneau, Davis, Christoforo, not a point last night, yet a 5-0 victory.

4 games. Thats how long it’s taken me to buy in. I’m sold. OHL Championship year? I wouldn’t bet on it. Competing year? Absolutely. With the West looking like a down year, we could have a shot at the division, otherwise I think we’re a 4/5. I could see 3 of the top 5 seeds coming from the Midwest Division.

We haven’t been tested either, and it’s a SMALL sample size. But, we’ve got a ton of upfront potential, multiple players contributing consistently with the ability to go off at any time. I would like to see the D Strengthen, but after a shutout, I can’t complain too much.

one of the most interesting statistics so far (to me) is that we’ve outscored our two opponents 17-2 on Home Ice.

We've played the most games in the league so far, GF 26 GA 11. Again, small sample size… we’re yet to have a full healthy roster, but you’re only as good as the team you suit up. This May be a really fun year, these kids seem excited and hungry.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Big shutout for Costanzo. I missed some of the game, but to get him a shutout is something I couldn’t even dream up last year. Just with confidence alone that should help. GAA now sub 2.00, he’s also racked up 3 Wins.

Gaymes had a game. Gritty goal, and was responsible digging the puck free and hitting a crisp pass on Nesbitt. May have some trouble slotting in guys up front, everyone has been contributing.

Belchetz, Abraham, Morneau, Davis, Christoforo, not a point last night, yet a 5-0 victory.

4 games. Thats how long it’s taken me to buy in. I’m sold. OHL Championship year? I wouldn’t bet on it. Competing year? Absolutely. With the West looking like a down year, we could have a shot at the division, otherwise I think we’re a 4/5. I could see 3 of the top 5 seeds coming from the Midwest Division.

We haven’t been tested either, and it’s a SMALL sample size. But, we’ve got a ton of upfront potential, multiple players contributing consistently with the ability to go off at any time. I would like to see the D Strengthen, but after a shutout, I can’t complain too much.

one of the most interesting statistics so far (to me) is that we’ve outscored our two opponents 17-2 on Home Ice.

We've played the most games in the league so far, GF 26 GA 11. Again, small sample size… we’re yet to have a full healthy roster, but you’re only as good as the team you suit up. This May be a really fun year, these kids seem excited and hungry.
I agree with most of what you posted but I'm really not ready to rank them yet until they face some tougher competition. Playing weaker teams at home are fun but not the benchmark that will drive the season. They lost to Sarnia and got lucky against Saginaw.
Now that everyone is back and some tougher games on the docket it will help show where they are going to be as the year progresses.
Now I love what I've seen and winning Is far better than last year and yes there is a good chance that will continue but I will give it another 10 games before getting too pumped. Be safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad