Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So who's wearing our letters this season?

C - Greentree
A - Abraham
A - Spellacy
A - Mathurin
A - Cristoforo

Does this look accurate? Missed the first game so I don't know who was wearing letters then.

According to the OHL site, tonight it's C Greentree with Abraham, Cristoforo, and Mathurin having the As. However, Mathurin is a late scratch.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
That Froggett save is a save Joey usually doesn’t make. Saves like that is what could win a game or stop the bleeding or keep a team from getting the momentum. That being said he should have had the first goal.

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
That Froggett save is a save Joey usually doesn’t make. Saves like that is what could win a game or stop the bleeding or keep a team from getting the momentum. That being said he should have had the first goal.
Missed assignment by defense.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Christoforo with 2 assists so far after 1 period,5 points in 1st 2 games so far,last year he had 0 in his 1st 2,2 in his 1st 4 games.
Nesbitt with 2 goals so far this season after 4 periods of work,last year he had 2 after his 1st 18 games.

northwest

Apr 21, 2024
Lemieux was the 2nd pick and was signed and he stays all year. Auto A card. Cannot be sent down to B or traded as he was not a 1st rounder. That is why Davis wasn't signed initially and the year before Manzo. Second picks ( not necessarily 2nd round) stick if they signed with the OHL club. Both 2nd picks overall by the Spits signed with Lasalle so they could be sent there. Nothing new here. Just this year with 6 signed with 2 being US born players makes it confusing and highly rare. Garden, Windbiel, Belchetz, Lemieux make the roster based on rules. Belchetz and Lemieux are the 2 regular roster spots and Garden andvWindbiel are the 2 allowed wild card roster spots. 4 total 16 yr olds as per CHL rule book. Hicks and Brocklehurst are Canadian born so they can be sent to Jr B. If Windbiel and Garden were Canadian, Bowler could have assigned any of the 4 to Lasalle etc.
I might have missed a post but where are Windbiel and Garden playing when not called up since they can't go Jr B?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

The first goal was a bit of a hiccup but that save might be on the OHL season reel.

I like the potential that Greentree/Nesbitt/Belchetz brings. If they can get some practice in together, that could be a dangerous trio.

3-1 after 20. Let's keep it going.

I might have missed a post but where are Windbiel and Garden playing when not called up since they can't go Jr B?

Garden is playing for Windsor.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Christoforo with 2 assists so far after 1 period,5 points in 1st 2 games so far,last year he had 0 in his 1st 2,2 in his 1st 4 games.
Nesbitt with 2 goals so far this season after 4 periods of work,last year he had 2 after his 1st 18 games.
Cristoforo still very soft play on ice..

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The overtime goal is odd to watch on replay. I'm all for Dmen pinching, in the right situation, but Walton and especially Eichler were near the blueline. Davis and Nesbitt are near the crease. How does that happen?

You don't like to give up a three-goal lead. But, they had won six-straight, been playing very well over that stretch, and still get a point out of it. One of those "that hurt, didn't it? don't do it again" games. I almost wonder if they were looking ahead to the home opener?

Froggett played well, though I think he should have had the second goal. That looked like a bad angle 5-hole one to give up. The first one was bang-bang, not great but understandable. Second was not great. Then you have a breakaway and Eichler not getting his man, followed by a scramble in OT. I think he played well, just needs his linemates to tighten up defensively.

Get back at it on Saturday. It's looking like 5,500-6,000 crowd, which will be very nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad